Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

So I'm not sure if it's been mentioned on here at all, but did anyone feel like there was a general lack of a true "Halloween" feeling this year? Not sure if it was the fact of not having pumpkins/jack-o-lanterns in Central Park (or anywhere for that matter) or missing a house like Trick r Treat from last year (the Halloween atmosphere of that house was so cool). The house that came the closest to capturing that Halloween feel was Graveyard Games and even that one didn't have a single pumpkin in sight as far as I could tell. I think the overall 80s futuristic sci-fi vibe probably contributed as well. Just wanted to see if I'm not the only one who noticed this. Either way, hoping there's more jack-o-lanterns next year!

So I'm not sure if it's been mentioned on here at all, but did anyone feel like there was a general lack of a true "Halloween" feeling this year? Not sure if it was the fact of not having pumpkins/jack-o-lanterns in Central Park (or anywhere for that matter) or missing a house like Trick r Treat from last year (the Halloween atmosphere of that house was so cool). The house that came the closest to capturing that Halloween feel was Graveyard Games and even that one didn't have a single pumpkin in sight as far as I could tell. I think the overall 80s futuristic sci-fi vibe probably contributed as well. Just wanted to see if I'm not the only one who noticed this. Either way, hoping there's more jack-o-lanterns next year!

I totally agree! I was thinking about that yesterday actually

think of this year as a sci fi horror 80s movie. it has no halloween feel because its more like an 80s sci fi year

I was told that about Halloween night, too, given that twenty-somethings like real Halloween parties on the night of. False.

As for tonight, I’m sitting in Zombieland and the wait for Yeti is 95, Us is 120, and Stranger Things is 150.
It used to be that way where Halloween was dead. Past few years have shown otherwise.

With how young the audience skews for the event now, this is the party.

This might just have been me not noticing it, but has the Halloween ad feat. Jamie Lee Curtis been playing the whole season in that montage that gets projected onto queue walls? If not, do you think that might mean anything? I mean, we just got Halloween last year, but still...

think of this year as a sci fi horror 80s movie. it has no halloween feel because its more like an 80s sci fi year
Yeah, that's the idea I was kind of gathering. I get what they were going with, just not sure I'm a huge fan of it compared to the traditional feel, which I think meshes better with the houses/scarezones overall.

This might just have been me not noticing it, but has the Halloween ad feat. Jamie Lee Curtis been playing the whole season in that montage that gets projected onto queue walls? If not, do you think that might mean anything? I mean, we just got Halloween last year, but still...

I noticed it earlier in the event waiting in the Yeti queue

lol welp there's no going back now. Tomorrow night will be... fun. I'm really curious how much I can get done with Stay and Scream tomorrow. I was flying through houses in mid-September, but looking at how busy the past few nights have been, getting through more than 3 in the first hour would be a win.

Yeah, it was crazy busy tonight. But mostly went to try and give the scare zones another chance this year. Also did Graveyard Games again. Only house with a nice flowing queue. Got some good interactions in Zombieland. Actually liked the scare zone this time. The scareactors were great tonight. I still think the scare zones this year are just kinda 'meh' but at least Zombieland is still better than Altars of Horror was. Hellbilly is pretty great though and I like Anarch-Cade.