Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 59 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm doubtful that we see the NLC Three at the event again. I think Orlando can do them, as it's Hollywood that WB is really up against, but I don't think they're going to want to pay the licensing fee to just use them at one of the parks.

It really is amazing how many IPs we've lost access to in the last year--Fox's entire catalogue and WB's entire catalogue (sans less marketable properties like Trick 'r Treat, but I'm pretty sure NBCUniversal holds the rights to it now anyways).

If it results in more originals, though, I'm okay with it.

I don't know what the relationship is like, but I would think Disney would be at least partially willing to discuss loaning out movies for HHN. After all, MNSSHP doesn't draw from the horror aspect. It would just be more money in their pockets at the end of the night.

I loved seeds! Thought it was really inventive and fun. Also loved the nods to the last of us and past HHNs

I still didn't care for it, but to be fair, the EP line was bonkers, and while we were in line we found out that our dog died, so we may have just been in the wrong mindset going in. It was one of the more interesting to look at, I'll give it that, but I didn't find it scary so much as confusing.

Annihilation isn't a Netflix film. They just have the streaming rights for now.

Seeds was our Annihilation house (like Saws and Steam was our BioShock house).
The reason I was so excited for Seeds is because it reminded me so much of the movie and book series Annihilation which is my favorite form of horror! Also very Lovecraftain with what seems like a ton of inspiration taken from the story A Colour Out of Space. I would totally love to see more houses or zones that fall into this category.

The reason I was so excited for Seeds is because it reminded me so much of the movie and book series Annihilation which is my favorite form of horror! Also very Lovecraftain with what seems like a ton of inspiration taken from the story A Colour Out of Space. I would totally love to see more houses or zones that fall into this category.

Don’t forget the dash of Weeds/The Lonesome Death of Jordy Verril by Stephen King. Weeds was inspired by The Colour Out of Space.

Wish I could have seen that house.

Since we know house treatments aren’t completed, yet, I feel it opens the playing field a little regarding what may or may not be coming to HHN this year.

Only being on House 7 definitely allows for a stronger possibility of more than 10 houses.

Thank you. I surfaced last year to announce the death of the Bloody Mary Trademark, but my lurking habit is hard to break and life got in the way of posting.

If I remember correctly, Legacy implied that the "I'm back" sign in Carnival Graveyard had no hidden meaning and that the assumption that it meant that Usher would be returning was incorrect.

However, just for fun if it did have a hidden meaning, with mystiquephreeq pointing out the ending of the Bloody Mary Trademark, wouldn't it be fun to think that "I'm back" was referring to Bloody Mary. After all the "I'm back" sign was shown in reverse...like you would see if you were looking from the other side of a mirror :)

If I remember correctly, Legacy implied that the "I'm back" sign in Carnival Graveyard had no hidden meaning and that the assumption that it meant that Usher would be returning was incorrect.

However, just for fun if it did have a hidden meaning, with mystiquephreeq pointing out the ending of the Bloody Mary Trademark, wouldn't it be fun to think that "I'm back" was referring to Bloody Mary. After all the "I'm back" sign was shown in reverse...like you would see if you were looking from the other side of a mirror :)
Out of all the icons, I don't get why people want the Usher back. Sure, he's funny and I really enjoyed his song Yeah

I guess I would like it if they actually shared more of his backstory and the Universal Palace, but it never really shined through in the event

Anyway, I still feel like icons are a thing of the past minus Jack and anniversary years

Out of all the icons, I don't get why people want the Usher back. Sure, he's funny and I really enjoyed his song Yeah

I guess I would like it if they actually shared more of his backstory and the Universal Palace, but it never really shined through in the event

Anyway, I still feel like icons are a thing of the past minus Jack and anniversary years

I hope if we get an anniversary house at 30, it's almost exclusively about the icons. And yes, unless she gets trademarked again, Mary should be included. I could picture a cross between the "Mirror, Mirror" scene from ST3 and the Baghuul hallway from HoB1.

Ok I’ve been redoing my thinking about Clue 1 + 2 and what if it’s a house designed like Where Evil Hides from HHN15? In that it’s a house that’s duplicated in the same SS so that they can have two lines for it. Would make sense since ST2 is gonna easily pull 2+ hour lines and could add more crowd flow into that house

Reactions: Kadath
Good catch! I didn't put two and two together. I know lots of people wanted The Thing last year
given the fact that it was so heavily rumored in 2017 and 2018, i think it might be it's year. i seriously want to see the thing as a maze as it has so much potential. i used to think it would have been a short house, due to their only being 5 things in the movie, but i did a small writeup and it can work extremly well.
entrance - outpost 31 (crashed helicopter and dead Norwegian at front, audio trigger will play saying "first goddamn week of winter.")
facade - Norwegian outpost (burnt thing at front, a audio trigger will play saying "what is that? is that a man or something?")
scene 1 - kennel hallway (dog barking and a strange hiss is heard, audio trigger will play saying " i don't know what the hell's in their, but it's weird and pi***d off whatever it is.")
scene 2 - dog kennel (the dog-thing will be seen snarling and roaring, a audio trigger will play saying "DAMN IT CHILD'S, TORCH IT!", child's will come out with a flamethrower and try to burn the thing (heated air effect)
scene 3 - storage room (the burnt up thing is seen underneath cloth, multiple tentacles are seen coming out of it and assimilating bennings, the burnt up things hand would then reach out towards you to scare.)
scene 4 - outside (the bennings-thing is seen kneeling, his head would then look up at the guests and he'll roar)
scene 5 - radio room (the insane blair would wander the room with a axe, and try to swing it at us)
scene 6 - lab room (the lights in the room are pitch black, a shadowy figure would walk by and a alien howl is heard)
scene 7 - outside (you pass by Fuchs's burning corpse, he'll sometimes spring back to life and try to reach for help)
scene 8 - storage room (macready would hold a stick of dynamite, and tell the guests to stay back)
scene 9 - med ward (the Norris-thing would be seen their roaring, macready would come out and try to torch it, near the end of the room is the spider headed Norris-thing for a scare)
scene 10 - rec room ( multiple of the members are tied up on the couch, a half assimilated windows slowly reaches out to you, this serves as a distraction for the Palmer-thing to attack)
scene 11 - tool shed ( Blair is seen assimilating Garry, he'll sometimes try to attack you to)
scene 12 - out with a bang (the giant Blair-thing is seen roaring at you, macready would come out with a stick of dynamite and throws it towards it.)
scene 13 - "see what happens" (child's and macready are seen sitting right next to each other, the main theme plays as you exit)

Reactions: CoopF22