The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 261 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason I think Murdy hasn't done it yet is because he's doing films that marketing wants but also other films that are on his bucket list as well, I'm sure he would keep Thing as one of the last properties he brings to the event, it doesn't need to be rushed to the event and I'm sure he will try and find a suitable year to bring it as well. Though, I wonder if we will share it with him or if we get it as one of our standalone ips later on.
Well, people expected the first Monsters to be his magnum opus, and... well...

I wouldn’t be surprised if it stays on his bucket list.

Reactions: Pedro Navarro
Speculation starter:

I’m surprised my info about the permit DocHolds didn’t create a conversation. While fire resistant coating isn’t unusual, the other two holds definitely create questions.

One seems to have a potential link to SIF since it involves draperies/curtains/decorative hangings.

The other one, though, the one that captured my attention so that I can monitor them. Why does a house need structural steel?

Maybe. Structural steel is used for supports. My mind went to needing some type of rigging. Whether it’s for a larger puppet, flyers, or bungee scares.

My mind immediately went to three things.
1: Something similar to Stay Puft.
2: Bungees, and the supports for them.
3: Elevated "stages" within the house that might hold two or more actors.

...or any combination of the above.

Very interesting survey today. Not sure if others have seen it but very very interesting and definitely peaks my interest. Apologies as I know I can not divulge any info on this site and per universals request but let’s just say “yes please”. Sorry for the interruption just wasn’t sure where else to post.

Very interesting survey today. Not sure if others have seen it but very very interesting and definitely peaks my interest. Apologies as I know I can not divulge any info on this site and per universals request but let’s just say “yes please”. Sorry for the interruption just wasn’t sure where else to post.

Rule #1 about surveys...we don’t talk about surveys.

But, yes. There’s some very interesting stuff in this one

There’s been a good bit of smoke around Murdy’s full departure for three/four years, to the extent people assumed he would announce his retirement after he first did UCM. He’s done the event, by himself, since it came back, and has been working at Universal for almost 30 years I believe.

They’ve had opportunities to do The Thing. Good opportunities. But they haven’t. I don’t see things aligning again that allow it to appear in Hollywood before Murdy is gone.

Interesting that they might pulse lines, considering we might be just as crowded in a conga-line ish form in the actual queue anyway.

It was just a thought process. Others have given ideas on why it doesn't work out.

@Brian G. I’m curious, how many threads do u mod and is this one of the most active threads ?

We mod 'em all. :lol:

and yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.