Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - News & Info (2021) | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - News & Info (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
UO is requiring TMs to disclose their vaccination status. What if that’s to ensure vaccinated individuals are placed in houses and unvaccinated are in scarezones? In that situation, wouldn’t re-circulating airflow be a non-issue within each vaccinated scareactor’s plexiglass box?
Yeah but the effectiveness of the vaccines is waning…they’re finding they are collectively only 66% effective against Delta on average. Even if they’re all vaccinated doesn’t mean they can’t get infected if they’re around the virus in high loads for long periods of time.

UO is requiring TMs to disclose their vaccination status. What if that’s to ensure vaccinated individuals are placed in houses and unvaccinated are in scarezones? In that situation, wouldn’t re-circulating airflow be a non-issue within each vaccinated scareactor’s plexiglass box?
We would have heard about that sort of massive re-cast by now. And they won’t do it during the run.

As @Legacy said, highly highly doubt it. I mentioned this before when it was initially reported back in the speculation thread, but it's worth sharing again:

Catching up on the thread and not to be a buzzkill, but I feel like everyone really misread this and equated "reporting vaccination status" as "vaccinations for TMs will be mandatory and plexiglass is dead". From my understanding (and obviously this may change as it's still being rolled out last second), report simply means report.

I've heard there's been a lot of backstage drama since the current policy is simply that TMs have to wear masks indoors, but not outdoors or back of house if vaccinated. However, some TMs are flaunting that they are unvaccinated and refusing to wear a mask in these locations and management wasn't sure what exactly they were allowed to do about it. This would give them more control over dealing with these issues and would be somewhat similar to how SeaWorld has been checking vaccination status for employee mask restrictions.

I am not sure about this rumor flying around about "no refunds", I managed to get mine for my FFP, RIP, Behind the screams 6 and 3 house. Regardless of your position on safety measures, I'd encourage people to reach out to guest services and on Social Media (If you dare brave those pages full of Kyles and Karens) give feed back good or bad. I am disappointed about this year, but its about getting what I pay for. I decided it was best for me and family to not attend based on my opinion of the experience not being worth what we would be paying for. Cheers everyone! Hope y'all a good time!

Caveat: I might use my premier pass one night and see for myself since that comes with my UOPA Premier pass.

Not if you use RoF on any Friday or Saturday is my understanding.
Thanks, that makes sense actually. Aside from opening day I don't plan on going Fridays or Saturdays, I guess since opening day is included in FF, that one would be ok. I highly doubt I will upgrade though, as I don't think Howl O Scream will be a flop. Thanks.

I am not sure about this rumor flying around about "no refunds", I managed to get mine for my FFP, RIP, Behind the screams 6 and 3 house. Regardless of your position on safety measures, I'd encourage people to reach out to guest services and on Social Media (If you dare brave those pages full of Kyles and Karens) give feed back good or bad. I am disappointed about this year, but its about getting what I pay for. I decided it was best for me and family to not attend based on my opinion of the experience not being worth what we would be paying for. Cheers everyone! Hope y'all a good time!

Caveat: I might use my premier pass one night and see for myself since that comes with my UOPA Premier pass.
I had no issue with the UTH, but my package is taking a while (they're saying it'll likely be the full 4 weeks before the refund goes through).

Reactions: Robert Bliss
I haven’t seen anyone post about howl o scream at sea world possibly affecting attendance of the event. I don’t know if they are also doing vinyl and/or masks but if they didn’t I could possibly see locals preferring that event. Of course fans of the event will continue to patronize the event but I see this as sea worlds golden opportunity to make it in the Halloween market in Orlando. Perhaps they knew all the safety measures coming to HHN and capitalized on the chance.

I haven’t seen anyone post about howl o scream at sea world possibly affecting attendance of the event. I don’t know if they are also doing vinyl and/or masks but if they didn’t I could possibly see locals preferring that event. Of course fans of the event will continue to patronize the event but I see this as sea worlds golden opportunity to make it in the Halloween market in Orlando. Perhaps they knew all the safety measures coming to HHN and capitalized on the chance.

My thought here is 1) it's too soon to say but 2) it will probably not have a measurable/observable impact. I have no idea what (if any) safety protocols will be in place for Howl-O-Scream, but the general public isn't going to do the research to understand that what event has vinyl dividers while another event might not. If the quality for Howl-O-Scream is there, I could certainly see it drawing good numbers and maybe pulling from historically "slow" evenings at Horror Nights and possibly some Saturdays that are not covered by HHN fans' FFPs and FFP+s.

It's also a brand new event that will presumably have growing pains fighting for oxygen against an enormous institution in its 30th year. This isn't going to be a situation where HOS embarrasses Universal or anything along those lines.

if guests start getting sick right after visiting hhn. I wonder what would universal do.
Someone in one of the AP groups said they visited either Universal or Disney and got covid at the park. Anecdotally I have heard of 4 different groups of people I know ranging from very safe and vaccinated to anti-vax that went to the parks and got sick.

People instantly jumped on them about how that was impossible, there was no way to know, they were out to make the park look bad, etc. Unfortunately people have become absolutely rabid against anything that goes against what they think. Being a fan of stuff seems more and more like being a cult member for something where any critical thinking is thrown out and violence and intimidation is instead the more preferred route.

Someone in one of the AP groups said they visited either Universal or Disney and got covid at the park. Anecdotally I have heard of 4 different groups of people I know ranging from very safe and vaccinated to anti-vax that went to the parks and got sick.

People instantly jumped on them about how that was impossible, there was no way to know, they were out to make the park look bad, etc. Unfortunately people have become absolutely rabid against anything that goes against what they think. Being a fan of stuff seems more and more like being a cult member for something where any critical thinking is thrown out and violence and intimidation is instead the more preferred route.

You're unfortunately starting to see this with the bizarre purity test the plexiglass issue has become. I'm seeing an alarming amount of people in the socialverse claiming there's only a "right" side to this issue and that anyone who objects (regardless of their reasoning) is not a true fan or someone who "deserves" what we are being "given" (re: paying for). It's always been an issue in insular fan communities, but I've noticed more toxicity from some corners bubbling up to the surface recently.

The biggest boon for HoS will be low lines and quality scare zones, houses, and bars, not if they're using vinyl/plexi.
Also from everything I heard SeaWorld didn't really do too much the first go around, so there really isn't an opportunity for them to get flak for not doing more.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
I’m actually curious about how employee preview generally works: do they actually solicit feedback? Or is it essentially just more rehearsal that allows some employee perk enjoyment?

It’s mostly done as a way to do a test run of a full night of the event to iron out any issues and a perk, like any TM preview of a new attraction. They used to allow a companion to join but cut that off after 25 once media and vloggers started coming to be #first with a review.

I’m actually curious about how employee preview generally works: do they actually solicit feedback? Or is it essentially just more rehearsal that allows some employee perk enjoyment?
I’m pretty sure it’s mostly for scare actors and staff to practice before the paying customers come. It’s also probably a good time to make sure all the queues and walkways aren’t running into any issues like bottlenecking. It’s gonna be my first year at the preview and I’m big hype. I’m not sure what crowds will be like but I imagine it’ll be hectic. Icons and Scarey are my priority but wicked growth and puppet theater are close behind. I also can’t wait to see the treaks and foons, hopefully the fog is dense to make up for no foam.