Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 266 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m really happy the Texas Chainsaw house is directly from the original movie. Have they ever done just the first movies house??…Also was kind of bummed about Bride announcement because I feel like it’s been done so much but it is always a treat to see all of the classic monsters represented at HHN I suppose.

The TCM back at 26 / 2016 was based on the original.

oh really??..I did that house once or twice if I remember correctly but I couldn’t remember if it was indeed the original movie…So are they basically doing the same house then??..

From the more I’ve read I feel like they were let down by 2016’s version of the house?..and they’re trying to give it another go?..

oh really??..I did that house once or twice if I remember correctly but I couldn’t remember if it was indeed the original movie…So are they basically doing the same house then??..

From the more I’ve read I feel like they were let down by 2016’s version of the house?..and they’re trying to give it another go?..

Well, they're still not going to be allowed real chainsaws because closed environment. F&F = gift that keeps on giving

Reactions: SeventyOne

I respect what that film did to the slasher genre and how it paved the way for other low budget horror, but arguably, IMHO, it's a terrible film. Therefore, I had no expectations going into the 2016 house.

However, I was surprised at how good of a job they did. It smelled like BO, the scares were on point and the set design, as always, was accurate and transported me directly into the film. Based on reviews, it feels like many people had that positive reaction as well. Now that they have more vertical space, I'm intrigued to see how much bigger they go.

I respect what that film did to the slasher genre and how it paved the way for other low budget horror, but arguably, IMHO, it's a terrible film. Therefore, I had no expectations going into the 2016 house.

However, I was surprised at how good of a job they did. It smelled like BO, the scares were on point and the set design, as always, was accurate and transported me directly into the film. Based on reviews, it feels like many people had that positive reaction as well. Now that they have more vertical space, I'm intrigued to see how much bigger they go.

From the moment I stepped in that house, I felt like I was being hunted. When Bubba came at me with his hammer, I think I almost fell to the floor because I thought he was legit going to hit me. IDK, it was a completely unoriginal, rehashed concept but as someone who doesn't scare easily, it more than did the job.

Eh. I have different feelings on the TCM house from that year. I thought the scenes were way too long and we never got a perfect run. The Leatherfaces all also seemed tired and hardly moved. The kicker…having the set design folks repairing a window in the middle of our last walkthrough. 2016 TCM never connected for me.

Now HHNH’s TCM from 2016….the scariest house run I’ve ever had.

Reactions: Rikku
Gotta' say it was nice getting two houses announced, definitely felt like Orlando and Hollywood wanted to get their shared announcements out of the way to focus on their exclusives.

As for FFP's, I've got a feeling it won't be long before those are announced. If whatever is going in the Shrek theater is an IP, than I feel it'll be once or after that drops.

Reactions: Clive
Gotta' say it was nice getting two houses announced, definitely felt like Orlando and Hollywood wanted to get their shared announcements out of the way to focus on their exclusives.

As for FFP's, I've got a feeling it won't be long before those are announced. If whatever is going in the Shrek theater is an IP, than I feel it'll be once or after that drops.
I'm expecting it next week, now that all the shared stuff is out.

• Creepshow
  • Halloween III
  • Halloween Kills
  • Fear Street
  • Spiral
  • Silence of the Lambs
  • Willy's Wonderland
  • Exorcist (pls no)
One of these is *supposedly* what's in Shrek. Guessing it's Creepshow.

• Creepshow
  • Halloween III
  • Halloween Kills
  • Fear Street
  • Spiral
  • Silence of the Lambs
  • Willy's Wonderland
  • Exorcist (pls no)
YO IMAGINE IF IT'S WILLY'S WONDERLAND. I watched Willy's Wonderland a few months back and thought it was better than Banana Splits, I'd literally freak out if Willy's is the house in Shrek.

• Creepshow
  • Halloween III
  • Halloween Kills
  • Fear Street
  • Spiral
  • Silence of the Lambs
  • Willy's Wonderland
  • Exorcist (pls no)
I know this was briefly discussed but I don’t think we landed on anything concrete. Does anyone know how the Exorcist came up as a possibility?

All the plausible guesses I can come up with for what's in Shrek:
  • Creepshow
  • Halloween III
  • Halloween Kills
  • Fear Street
  • Spiral
  • Silence of the Lambs
  • Willy's Wonderland
  • Exorcist (pls no)
  • WILD CARD: It's an original
It's one of these.
  • Creepshow
  • Halloween III
  • Halloween Kills
  • Fear Street
  • Spiral
  • Silence of the Lambs
  • Willy's Wonderland
  • Exorcist (pls no)

How do we know it is an IP?

The WILD CARD on that list was it being an Original and Ringwraith only said it was one of those.

Just playing devil's advocate, here as Ringwraith also said this:

The budget game, for the event as a whole, has significantly changed since Covid. There's never been more scrutiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts