Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 241 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since HHN started to get serious about IP houses around the early 2010's, this looks to be the weakest IP line up they have. The only IP house I'm really looking forward to experiencing is Legends Collide. I've always wanted to see a cool ancient Egyptian Tomb themed house done effectively.

Other than that, the originals sound really cool to me. Even if the IPs sound weak, they do a pretty good job with the content.

Reactions: Ahmanet and Crowboy
Aren't all of the Orlando houses announced so far also being shared with Hollywood? That to me signals corporate cost cutting ...
How does this signal corporate cost cutting in literally any way?

Like, genuine question. The houses are going to be just as intensely themed, staffed, and designed. This is not the first year we’ve shared 3 houses with Hollywood…

2020/2021 is the first year since 2005 (my first year... Buffy fan, so The Gentlemen as Body Collectors is what got me to go) that I have ever missed the event. First 9 years Orlando, the rest Hollywood.

Genuine question; was that by design? I know that you currently have access, but didn't know if you did then. I also know you're a HUGE fan, and have in the past gone with Vy & Rachel, as well as go to a lot of local events.

Puppet Theatre, & Wicked Growth last year
possibly the best houses that got better each run
Was last year really that awful? I was so upset to miss the 30th but it seems everyone here really disliked it.
no-it was different with plexiglass though.
Likewise, Mondays are no good for geographies that are the other direction for the world clock. Tues, Wed and Thur are the best dates it's a business day everywhere in the world
Hubs is in fundraising and never does anything on Monday or Friday. Friday it does get lost, Monday it gets forgotten in rush of back to workweek or school

Is the a Bug house seem to be pretty locked in? That may end up being the scariest for me (can’t stand creepy crawly things although have gotten marginally better with having chickens-didn’t actually pass out at touching a nice black snake all curled up in coop one night-just screamed loud enough to wake neighbors kids)

Yep. Top of my list.

Well that answers the question I forgot to ask earlier (What's your favorite of the rumored houses), and considering how you've been asking folks "Giant in relation to whom?" regarding the bugs/concept, I'm very intrigued to see how this house is. After all, they don't call them "Creepy Crawlies" for nothing, and this is a rather underutilized theme which could be a downright winner.

Hey all - new to this forum (though lurked since 2019 when I was supposed to go Orlando/HHN in 2020 until COVID, and finally going this year).

I'm from the UK and only visit Orlando/HHN every 7 years or so, and I would say Eckert's post would be true for me - if I didn't have to book my holiday so far in advance. If I did have a choice of picking a year based on line-up, I would probably choose to skip this one. I'm not stubborn though to admit that the original houses have always been the best ones for me (in the 4 events I've been to) but it is the IP houses I look forward to the most. It's just more exciting to go through a house with the familiarity of walking through film scenes.

I've also got the added 'benefit' with me having gaps between my visits that any HHN is a great time for me as I wouldn't know the difference between a weaker or stronger year.

Although I'm aware the insiders are anticipating an original, I do hope for another IP to replace EDR, but if they do then I wouldn't have high hopes for it anyway with it being a short notice replacement.
From seeing the early spec maps with last of us and evil dead /stranger things to the potential what we have now- the weekend being a headliner. I must admit my anticipation has really dwindled.

I'm like Markus above I travel from the UK for these events, its a lot of money for us. If I hadn't booked hotel and flights, id probably skip it already. The halloween house will be fun but so far there really isn't much else that interests me.

I'm just really surprise that they didn't solidify another IP house from HBO, it just seems like bad risk management if they knew that there was a chance of cancellation of houses.

Saying that, I know when I will go I will have a really good time- the hype isn't being for me this time though.
No shade at all to prior posters - to each their own on these opinions - but I am absolutely fired up for all three houses announced so far.

Halloween 1978 is one of the best horror movies ever with an amazing score, too. I know they’ve done it before but it’s been a bit, and if you’re going to bring back properties a handful of years later, this is certainly one to do that with. The Universal Monsters house from 29 is an all-timer and the Universal Monsters house this year has three of the most fun monsters together who will now each get featured 3x more in a new original story. Freaky is a fun movie and The Black Phone is a great, suspenseful new movie with great masks. These are popular and new IPs that we’ve never seen before and they really don’t have anything in common with prior Blumhouse options.

Again, zero shade to anyone, and I appreciate hearing everyone’s opinions, which they’re entitled to, I guess I’m just saying that as a huge HHN and horror fan, just the three announced houses seem like they are going to be so much fun, at least for me.
its difficult because from experience of visiting for more than 16 years, some of the all time worst movies are the movie based ones. some of the very worst lol.
there are a couple reasons:
the house doesnt match up or measure to the movie / there were restrictions from the studio / the house ends up feeling more like a museum exhibit and low on scares / actors are told to act in a specific way that doesnt work for the scare / sets and costumes didnt translate well to real life.
look at Bettlejuice, it almost hit all these marks.
i also love movie houses a lot, but original houses allow for freedom, more intense scares or experiences. I obviously want a The Thing house, i want Jason Voorhees to return.
but as far as 2022 is concerned with the originals, they might be better. we all (me included) are focusing on the movie houses and want more movie houses, but sometimesi have to remind myself that the best houses end up being originals.
Lurker since 2019

If I am being honest, this years line up is probably the one year that I have been least excited for and I won't deny that I am beyond gutted that Stranger Things won't be there ( next year though )
On the flip side I am also excited, as in previous years there has been both ip and original houses that I wasn't quite interested in yet they turned out to be some of the best houses! So even if this years line up doesn't feel as 'big' as the others, it is still going to be great regardless.

I too come from the UK and I always book my holiday a year in advance, way before any houses or speculation begins- the houses play a big part in the event but there is so much more to do and see

After not being able to travel/ make the last 2 events, I am beyond excited for this years event and as always, Universal will pull off a great job.

Everyone has different opinions, I respect that but give this years line up a chance, you never know- you may be pleasantly surprised

Countdown is on, see you all on the flipside in 89 days!

having seen stranger things 4, there are 1000 moments and sets from the show that i want at HHN. there are some many rooms and props and characters that i want to see in a house.
it makes me sad if we dont get a season 4 house

For eff's sake, if you don't like the lineup, don't go. If you like the line-up, go. If you don't care about the line-up and just like the event, go. I just hope my airline doesn't cancel my flight again like last year. Bring it on HHN, cause I want it. Southwest, I'm counting on you to get me there. Hopefully, see you in the fog.

its difficult because from experience of visiting for more than 16 years, some of the all time worst movies are the movie based ones. some of the very worst lol.
there are a couple reasons:
the house doesnt match up or measure to the movie / there were restrictions from the studio / the house ends up feeling more like a museum exhibit and low on scares / actors are told to act in a specific way that doesnt work for the scare / sets and costumes didnt translate well to real life.
look at Bettlejuice, it almost hit all these marks.
i also love movie houses a lot, but original houses allow for freedom, more intense scares or experiences. I obviously want a The Thing house, i want Jason Voorhees to return.
but as far as 2022 is concerned with the originals, they might be better. we all (me included) are focusing on the movie houses and want more movie houses, but sometimesi have to remind myself that the best houses end up being originals.

having seen stranger things 4, there are 1000 moments and sets from the show that i want at HHN. there are some many rooms and props and characters that i want to see in a house.
it makes me sad if we dont get a season 4 house

The thing assimilation house was amazing.

To be honest , the carnival of carnage- the year that had leatherface, freddy and jason in one event was probably my favourite year because of my attachment to the characters.

They even had Jason as a cameo inside the Jaws Boathouse during the ride, it doesn't get much better than that!!!

For the record, I think there are a lot of other ways for HHN to inspire visits aside from pulling big IP. It’s just a shame, to me, that some of the most successful, mostly viral methods have been pulled in recent years (big stories, special web sites, media unboxings, etc etc). As the selling point of the event each year has become so much more focused on the IP, I feel as though Universal has “trained us” to consider the IP pulls more and more important - which I don’t think I necessarily would have cared as much about five years ago.

Reactions: MI1287
Status
Not open for further replies.