Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 242 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
having seen stranger things 4, there are 1000 moments and sets from the show that i want at HHN. there are some many rooms and props and characters that i want to see in a house.
it makes me sad if we dont get a season 4 house
I can say, I will be DEVASTATED if we don't get a Season 4 house next year. Of every season, it's the one that is the most ripe for a phenomenal house. Hopefully Uni and Netflix can strike a deal for a house next year and we can hear people complain about a 3rd ST house in 5 years lol

I know there's been a lot of discussion on the originals, but I feel like there hasn't been much talk about the "Witches" house. Do you guys think it will mostly just be a 'classic Halloween" themed house centered around witches? Or something more than that?

Despite how some feel about the lineup, I personally am stoked. Halloween? Glad to see it back. Universal Monsters? Excited to experience a brand new story. Blumhouse? Looking forward to seeing how specifically the Black Phone segment translates. The Weeknd? Interested to see what kind of creative scares and scenes are in store.

Last year taught me to give everything a second chance. I wasn't looking all that forward to Texas Chainsaw and it turned out to be better than I ever would have expected.

Halloween and Legends Collide are enough to get me excited for the event. To me everything else is just a bonus. I've loved all the Halloween houses thus far, and even though this a repeat I'm excited for it to be at the event again. And I love all things Universal Monsters, I'm always pumped for a Monsters house.

I really liked Chainsaw last year but I kind of get the feeling it wasn't universally liked. Is that the case?

Regardless of what people say on here - you will have a blast. Especially for your first time without other years to compare it to. My first year was 2016 and that is now my least favorite of the years I've attended - but I was still hooked from it.

Was last year really that awful? I was so upset to miss the 30th but it seems everyone here really disliked it..

I don't think that is everyone's opinion. I really enjoyed it. I thought it was at least better than 2016 and 2017, but I also enjoyed those years.

I haven’t read the section here for last year at all, but from Twitter I thought the reception to last year was great and really positive! I loved it. Not my favorite year of the 15 I’ve been to, but probably like #6 if I were to rank them? That’s tough with how good the event has been, but anyway I loved last year and thought it was great and I thought most fans did too.

I wonder if this is a HHN trend regarding anniversary years. 2006 was well received, 2010 was seen as a disappointment especially in regards to the icon. 2015 was seen as a return to form, 2021 was criticized especially in regards to the icons.
Maybe, I attribute it more to size, but there have been a few years that felt very much "by the numbers"

Circling back, I think this is what makes me so excited about things like the Weeknd coming

It's a new and interesting break from the norm and gives them an opportunity to experiment a bit

Add in the amount of originals and it could be interesting

I always say a HHN year can be made by one great house (original or IP)

Maybe, I attribute it more to size, but there have been a few years that felt very much "by the numbers"

Circling back, I think this is what makes me so excited about things like the Weeknd coming

It's a new and interesting break from the norm and gives them an opportunity to experiment a bit

Add in the amount of originals and it could be interesting

I always say a HHN year can be made by one great house (original or IP)
For sure - you can't do something like The Weeknd "by the numbers"

If Bug House is a cheesey B-Movie house about insect/human hybrids it just shot way up my hype list.

What's fun about this rumored house is there's more than one version of "The Fly", yet no matter which one Legacy is referencing, it's no less exciting.

Since you have the original 1958 version, which I feel is more in line with Slaughter Sinema's humor since it's a classic B-movie. (The same can be said for its two sequels.) But then you have the 1986 remake, which goes into full-on body horror.

For me, either choice is totally fine. And this could very well rocket up my hype list very quickly once it's announced!

What's fun about this rumored house is there's more than one version of "The Fly", yet no matter which one Legacy is referencing, it's no less exciting.

Since you have the original 1958 version, which I feel is more in line with Slaughter Sinema's humor since it's a classic B-movie. (The same can be said for its two sequels.) But then you have the 1986 remake, which goes into full-on body horror.

For me, either choice is totally fine. And this could very well rocket up my hype list very quickly once it's announced!
If they're leaning into the corny B-movie style, I'd love to see this as a "spin-off" of Slaughter Sinema.

As long as it's not Fear Factor II, I'm good

Status
Not open for further replies.