Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 249 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually do think that there is a decent chance that the Weeknd debuts his video for HHN at a concert first. And then the next morning HHN just announces it and puts out the video as well. It would make sense. Possibly create a somewhat viral moment to capitalize on.

I actually do think that there is a decent chance that the Weeknd debuts his video for HHN at a concert first. And then the next morning HHN just announces it and puts out the video as well. It would make sense. Possibly create a somewhat viral moment to capitalize on.
Something tells me the majority of people at the concert have never even heard of HHN, and probably barely know universal Orlando exists. I think it would mostly cause mass confusion

Something tells me the majority of people at the concert have never even heard of HHN, and probably barely know universal Orlando exists. I think it would mostly cause mass confusion
Well that's the thing, it'd be a perfect opportunity to reel in hundreds, if not thousands of new goers.

THE FOLLOWING IS A VERY EXAGGERATED/EXPOSITION-Y SCENARIO
"I'm going to have a big, headliner haunted house at Universal's Halloween Horror Nights this fall! What's that, you haven't heard of Halloween Horror Nights? Well, now you have, and can learn about it by visiting the website for more details on both the event and my house!"

It doesn't matter that they don't know what HHN is. They know what a haunted house is. And if an artist that they paid money to go see tells them that they have a new project going on, there is a good chance that they'll at a minimum google it and see what it's about. It also lets him feel like he's more a part of the whole process. Which I imagine means a lot to him, from what I've seen from him throughout the years.

It doesn't matter that they don't know what HHN is. They know what a haunted house is. And if an artist that they paid money to go see tells them that they have a new project going on, there is a good chance that they'll at a minimum google it and see what it's about. It also lets him feel like he's more a part of the whole process. Which I imagine means a lot to him, from what I've seen from him throughout the years.

I don't know how much of a draw a Weeknd house would be to non haunted house fans. I know if my favorite band put on a 90min concert and told me to go experience their other medium thing, and it was paying $100 to wait in line for 90 minutes to experience snippits of a few songs lasting a total of less than 3 minutes I'd feel pretty ripped off. Not to mention $30 to just park at the event.

That's a pretty hard sell. Especially when the event is only in two cities and not on tour.

Bands/Artists have done art/photo exhibits, book tours, etc that never seem to move the needle. Huge A-list actors, like Johnny Depp (pre Amber Heard), have had bands that played in small clubs and not arenas and stadiums as the demand just isn't there. You want your favorite singer to sing and your favorite actor to act.

Now, anybody on the fence about going...or people who are already going to Universal and make a knee jerk reaction seeing in park sineage very well might be drawn in because of the Weeknd, but I think the draw of concert goers in the north east, mid west, or internationally will be minimal.

I'll say this. It looks like his tour has some pretty incredible set and lighting design. If they're using that as a jumping on point for the house, we may be in for a treat.

If you check the #AfterHoursTilDawnTour hashtag on Twitter, there a ton of videos.

I don't know how much of a draw a Weeknd house would be to non haunted house fans. I know if my favorite band put on a 90min concert and told me to go experience their other medium thing, and it was paying $100 to wait in line for 90 minutes to experience snippits of a few songs lasting a total of less than 3 minutes I'd feel pretty ripped off. Not to mention $30 to just park at the event.

That's a pretty hard sell. Especially when the event is only in two cities and not on tour.

Bands/Artists have done art/photo exhibits, book tours, etc that never seem to move the needle. Huge A-list actors, like Johnny Depp (pre Amber Heard), have had bands that played in small clubs and not arenas and stadiums as the demand just isn't there. You want your favorite singer to sing and your favorite actor to act.

Now, anybody on the fence about going...or people who are already going to Universal and make a knee jerk reaction seeing in park sineage very well might be drawn in because of the Weeknd, but I think the draw of concert goers in the north east, mid west, or internationally will be minimal.
I often wondered how many people attended the event based on JUST the headliner.

Then in 2018, we were standing in the Finnegans holding area, and we saw a dude in a Stranger Things hoodie, frantically asking "Where is the Stranger Things stuff?"

So those people definitely exist lol

these guys released a new spec map, they’re calling the evil dead replacement “project rat race” and looks like it’s behind bars like a jail cell.

Rat Race eh?

Rat_Run_TPR_2.jpg

Hhn5.jpg

I think it can depend on the fan base and how deeply dedicated they can be. Example being I feel like The Weeknd clearly has a lot of fans, but, they’re leaned more on the casual side whereas I’ve heard of people with pit tickets for Harry Styles camping out for a week for a *chance* at getting barricade. Both male pop artists (though the comparisons probably stop there), just different levels of intense fandom.

Reactions: reeseyNG
Status
Not open for further replies.