Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 248 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had an insider on one of the hhn discords (who I won’t name) say that he thinks that this mystery original *MIGHT* take place in the Wild West when I asked him for a hint on what it is. Hellgate is also the name of a 1952 western movie. This insider also likes to give vague hints and often likes to mess with us. so maybe there’s a chance that he was trying to hint at hellgate prison?

Reactions: shiekra38
I had an insider on one of the hhn discords (who I won’t name) say that he thinks that this mystery original *MIGHT* take place in the Wild West when I asked him for a hint on what it is. Hellgate is also the name of a 1952 western movie. This insider also likes to give vague hints and often likes to mess with us. so maybe there’s a chance that he was trying to hint at hellgate prison?

Personally I don't like or trust a single discord "insider" that doesn't also post here on the forum (and even then I only trust people who have been here for years). There is a lot of ego and arrogance in most of these Discord "Insiders" and I think it's soured how we fans talk to each other. I really think a lot of the recent "leaks" and "rumors" are just made up for the ego trip.

In any case, I personally wouldn't take much credence in anything new insiders have to say on the 2-3 major Haunt/HHN discords.

Personally I don't like or trust a single discord "insider" that doesn't also post here on the forum (and even then I only trust people who have been here for years). There is a lot of ego and arrogance in most of these Discord "Insiders" and I think it's soured how we fans talk to each other. I really think a lot of the recent "leaks" and "rumors" are just made up for the ego trip.

In any case, I personally wouldn't take much credence in anything new insiders have to say on the 2-3 major Haunt/HHN discords.
Just because they're a discord insider doesn't mean they're able to provide reliable and accurate info. Also, just because they don't have an account on the forum doesn't mean that they're legit. There are various factors at play when it comes to whether they want to join the forum or not. It's understandable that you believe that insiders use rumors/scoops as a tactic to gain clout, but that's probably a slim minority. So overall, just because they're on discord doesn't mean that they aren't reliable/accurate.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
My uncle who works at Nintendo told me that Abraham Lincoln once said you should never trust HHN leaks on the Internet anyway until the Vatican verifies them.

That said, I've often found leaks can come from surprising places. It's just not generally people seeking attention. It's small random quips from people who know things.

My uncle who works at Nintendo told me that Abraham Lincoln once said you should never trust HHN leaks on the Internet anyway until the Vatican verifies them.

That said, I've often found leaks can come from surprising places. It's just not generally people seeking attention. It's small random quips from people who know things.
Yep. I became an “insider” by developing an ability to read between the lines of such comments and connect dots. I’d present theories that were close enough to the entire truth, the people who knew details felt comfortable enough in telling me the little I was missing.

It took a few years.

Oh, it kicks up imagination alright...

Is it actual candy that mutates into sentient beings like Maximum Overdrive?

Is it some kind of pathogen in the candy that turns trick or treaters into mutants?

Is it a nuclear transport train that details by a candy factory and the workers are mutants somehow fused with candy?

Like everyone else I have plenty of thoughts and probably 98% of them are wrong with nothing to go on but a very intriguing name.

It's like trying to decipher what "worm hat" meant on IASIP. So many directions it could go.

Oh, it kicks up imagination alright...

Is it actual candy that mutates into sentient beings like Maximum Overdrive?

Is it some kind of pathogen in the candy that turns trick or treaters into mutants?

Is it a nuclear transport train that details by a candy factory and the workers are mutants somehow fused with candy?

Like everyone else I have plenty of thoughts and probably 98% of them are wrong with nothing to go on but a very intriguing name.
hpid-characters21.jpg

Wasn't there rumors that they actually tore it down?

I believe it was more along the lines of "props removed" and not tearing down the walls and stuff and starting from scratch.

Totally baseless speculation: I don't expect it to be a Scream level OBVIOUS redo down to the Jiffypop in the kitchen since it's not as last minute. And, if the rumors of the film being delayed are true, nobody will have seen the movie prior to going through the house so why tear down everything?

Scream is iconic and it was easy to see it's influences, feel like this will feel more like a long planned and developed house without signature moments from the movie with a layer of spray paint.

I'm not on discord but it's incredibly common there and on other sites for people to come to a forum like this one, see the guesses being made, and post it as gospel.

Years ago an entirely baseless terrible guess I made on another forum got posted around a few different places as a sure fact. I learned about it when a user posted the info in the speculation thread ON THIS SITE as "insider knowledge" LOL

I'm not on discord but it's incredibly common there and on other sites for people to come to a forum like this one, see the guesses being made, and post it as gospel.

Years ago an entirely baseless terrible guess I made on another forum got posted around a few different places as a sure fact. I learned about it when a user posted the info in the speculation thread ON THIS SITE as "insider knowledge" LOL

Just wanna piggyback off this and say this is why the moderation can be tighter in this thread, sometimes to a fault.

And, if the rumors of the film being delayed are true, nobody will have seen the movie prior to going through the house
There's already been advance screenings with positive feedback. Since it's going to HBOmax instead of theatres, there isn't a need to heavily promote in July. Just because something isn't promoted or trailer released doesn't automatically mean delayed.

However, if it gets enough positive feedback, MAYBE Warner/Discovery will reconsider a theatrical release.

It seemed like an unlikely IP for HHN this year even if it was part of the lineup originally.

Reactions: HHN Yeti Lover
There's already been advance screenings with positive feedback. Since it's going to HBOmax instead of theatres, there isn't a need to heavily promote in July. Just because something isn't promoted or trailer released doesn't automatically mean delayed.

However, if it gets enough positive feedback, MAYBE Warner/Discovery will reconsider a theatrical release.

It seemed like an unlikely IP for HHN this year even if it was part of the lineup originally.

From what I heard, in the US (maybe North America, can't be sure) it was an HBO Max exclusive with a limited release window in other Geos.

You say no need to promote in July, but I'd argue that announcing it July or August as "Evil Dead to be featured at the premier Halloween event on both coastal" in Sept and Oct would be a huge boost. Granted, it's not Raimi and Campbell, but it's a known entity in the US and if the house is awesome, maybe some people would subscribe.

Seems tenuous at best, but there's a reason people pay $6m for a 30sec add during the superbowl. To have a 2 month long living, breathing ad for your property at the event would be a great investment (hell, negative investment as Uni would be paying you for the rights and giving you a cut of the merch!) for drumming up demand for the movie would be a no brainer since the attendees are already "horror inclined" and have to have at least a passing knowledge of the IP.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Need I remind you that Halloween Ends comes out in October & you've seen nothing from that yet but nobody is claiming that sequel is delayed.

SDCC is coming up & that is where you're going to get your EDR teaser.

When it comes to HHN, not sure why everyone reacts like the sky is falling when an IP isn't immediately announced (or the end of the world if the IP house fell through).

Reactions: Uouserhhn
Status
Not open for further replies.