Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 246 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly going down for the first time this year. Looking at doing a Wednesday/Thursday in early October. Definitely one night, maybe two. Would express be needed?

I will always recommend Express. Is it needed? You can probably make it work over 2 nights if you wanna pace yourself, so no.

Of course, there's always the option to see how crowds are that night but run the risk of Express being sold out for the night (it being early Oct may be a minimal risk, though). Crowds have been weird. I'll go on a Friday and it'll be slower than a Wednesday, then the next week... it's the complete opposite.

You can definitely get everything done over two nights without express. One is even doable, but challenging and stressful, but two nights is easy. If you got the money then express will always make it more relaxed and chill and you can probably fit in some repeats or more time in scarezones, so not necessary. I personally don’t do express, but if your finances make it not a big deal then it’d be cool to have.

Also - off topic slightly, but Hersheypark just dropped the full slate of houses/zones for their new Haunt event. Seethe spec thread, seethe.
I didn’t realize it was a new event, that’s awesome. Like the video they put out on Twitter. The houses and zones all sound really cool. I’ve never been to Hersheypark and I doubt I’ll be able to travel there from FL this year, but it looks cool. Good luck to them, hope it does well and maybe I will go to it in the future.

• Love
Reactions: TheCodeMan95

This honestly has me starting to wonder if we are getting an icon, this update especially. Theater goers being poisoned and the owners on the run? Idk it feels like it could be backstory for icon. Maybe it’s been in the works and isn’t last minute. I love this whatever it is, it feels like how they used to dole out backstory for some of the icons on the website in the past.

This honestly has me starting to wonder if we are getting an icon, this update especially. Theater goers being poisoned and the owners on the run? Idk it feels like it could be backstory for icon. Maybe it’s been in the works and isn’t last minute. I love this whatever it is, it feels like how they used to dole out backstory for some of the icons on the website in the past.

Really reminds me of the backstory for the Universal Palace Theater in 2009, for obvious reasons. Really hoping these are all official story bits that make more sense come September. Also I think it's still unlikely but an Icon would be a wonderful surprise.

I think you're looking for an icon in anything. I'm just seeing some hints at the Tribute Store and maybe scare zone at best, some cool filler at worst.

I think you're looking for an icon in anything. I'm just seeing some hints at the Tribute Store and maybe scare zone at best, some cool filler at worst.
Haha yeah probably, I definitely want one, but I know it’s not likely. I’m not saying for sure anything. Only really saying anything with this one setting up characters with this poisoning, but doesn’t mean they’ll be an icon. It’s definitely reminiscent of 2009 which led to The Usher, but I agree it very well may not be an actual icon. At the very least it seems like it must be a backstory for the tribute store which is really cool still.

My money is on a haunted theater Tribute Store for HHN....and...that's it lol

Clearly there is some loose "Theater" "Movie" vibe with the commercials and teasers we've seen

Will it extend to the entire park? I think loosely it could in the same way that the "arcade" or "pumpkin" vibe of previous years extended to the park

My money is on a haunted theater Tribute Store for HHN....and...that's it lol

Clearly there is some loose "Theater" "Movie" vibe with the commercials and teasers we've seen

Will it extend to the entire park? I think loosely it could in the same way that the "arcade" or "pumpkin" vibe of previous years extended to the park
To be fair, 2009's event was very loosely tied into the haunted "Universal Palace Theatre" vibe. It was very minimal (compared to 2005/2008). The park entrance felt slightly budget-cutish (compared to 2007). They could always pull out that old movie theatre marquee for a revamped version (but probably unlikely since the entrance gets zero love anymore).

I'm all about the nostalgia train when it comes to HHN scenic details... especially with the pricing, they need to go all in for what they charge.

Reactions: GlitterandGloom41
No one has been trashed as my post was about Universal's delay in announcements and its full slate of ticket options. Because some posters can't stop themselves from jumping to a billion dollar multimedia company's defense is what, I believe however, has changed this from HHN speculation to Universal propaganda. It's quite obvious to me that the company is having issues with the event and this thread has become a place where there has been a lot of covering for them about it so it's unfair that posters are siccing mods on anyone who dare not agree with these delays since some of us are trying to decide whether to a book a vacation or not. I get it that a lot of the posters are local and probably employees so jerking everyone around is fun for them, because they're going either way, but I'm 1000 miles away and it's disrespectful for the company to not have officially announced much of anything by now. If they want it to revert to a local Halloween event again then that's their prerogative but it's also disrespectful on the part of the provincial locals, who know what's happening because they work there, to say anything to the rest of us as we legitimately need info to make an informed decision. Additionally, it's pretty hypocritical for the 'scare-actors' to be able to constantly complain about employee black-out dates but if anyone says anything about the company waiting until two weeks before it opens to give us some names or repeating ideas to cut corners those posters get attacked. If it's such a problem that they can't clog up the queues for free then they should go back to working at Sonic where they belong and the mods should disallow them from voicing any displeasure with company policies as well.

Dude.... really. Consider therapy. Your posts are so full of obvious venom, I can't figure out why you are here or why you are even considering attending the event since you clearly loathe the "billion dollar multimedia company" who creates it. You're not the only one on this forum who has to travel to the event. I travel for it every year (also 1000 miles - big whoop!) - not just once, but four different weekends. I've already got my travel booked. Frankly, I don't need the whole lineup, or ANY of it, to know I want to go. I've been attending since 2005, and I've NEVER been disappointed. Enough of the drama - no one wants to endure all your negative bs.

I had a dream last night that the unknown original is a mashup of all the scrapped Icons. Dream, or fate?

Also, Legacy hinted the new bouncy house clue is another American Dad clue. Back to watching!
Alright, I think I might have something (credit to Hunter on Twitter for pointing this out).

Season 5, Episode 5 of American Dad- Man in the Moonbounce, has the family having fun in a bouncy house for Steve's birthday, which brings out the child in Stan. They end up throwing toilet paper all over a bully's house, Stan gets sent to prison and starts acting even more like a child. He gets in trouble with the warden, he and other inmates try and pull a prank on him, Stan decides not to then gets released after serving his sentence.

Prison, getting in trouble with the warden... Hellgate Prison 2?

Dude.... really. Consider therapy. Your posts are so full of obvious venom, I can't figure out why you are here or why you are even considering attending the event since you clearly loathe the "billion dollar multimedia company" who creates it. You're not the only one on this forum who has to travel to the event. I travel for it every year (also 1000 miles - big whoop!) - not just once, but four different weekends. I've already got my travel booked. Frankly, I don't need the whole lineup, or ANY of it, to know I want to go. I've been attending since 2005, and I've NEVER been disappointed. Enough of the drama - no one wants to endure all your negative bs.

Isnt this a bit late? Besides I’m sure this guys a troll, best to ignore him.

Alright, I think I might have something (credit to Hunter on Twitter for pointing this out).

Season 5, Episode 5 of American Dad- Man in the Moonbounce, has the family having fun in a bouncy house for Steve's birthday, which brings out the child in Stan. They end up throwing toilet paper all over a bully's house, Stan gets sent to prison and starts acting even more like a child. He gets in trouble with the warden, he and other inmates try and pull a prank on him, Stan decides not to then gets released after serving his sentence.

Prison, getting in trouble with the warden... Hellgate Prison 2?

Morton Meetz (Barber Chop) maybe? I think that's the episode with Klaus and hair.

I say this as someone who thought Slaughter Sinema was just ok, so it's not wishful thinking or anything.

I think it's likely it's not so on the nose as Hellgate (although that would be pretty cool) just because there are other episodes where characters go to prison in American Dad

Morton Meetz (Barber Chop) maybe? I think that's the episode with Klaus and hair.

I say this as someone who thought Slaughter Sinema was just ok, so it's not wishful thinking or anything.

I think it's likely it's not so on the nose as Hellgate (although that would be pretty cool) just because there are other episodes where characters go to prison in American Dad
I know it's probably a reach (definitely doesn't help with no air date), but the main reason that one in particular stuck out to me was for the bouncy house.

I loved Slaughter Sinema so I'm choosing to believe this one

Reactions: Midnight Detective
Status
Not open for further replies.