Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 245 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy posted this at 8:56, so...

Hmmm, original house of some mid west Fall Festival land with bouncy houses, a corn maze, bobbing for apples, other cliched things with a killer/monster on the loose would be perfect for HHN31 (even if they're calling it HHN 2022).
Beat me to it by one second.

Gonna look at this clue from two angles, first angle being it's purely a visual clue. There's obviously the bouncy house with the pumpkin patch theming, which immediately makes me think of Wicked Growth and Slaughter Sinema, but we all know Legacy, so I don't think it'd be that easy. So what else is in the photo?

Well, in the background there's a sorta western-looking shack, and I can't help but notice the logo on the bouncy house: 'Irvine Park Railroads Pumpkin Patch'. At first glance, that didn't mean much, but then I thought- There's the western-looking shack, Irvine Park Railroads... Ghost Town 3, or biggest reach of this year's spec season?

Or, let's take a look at the other angle, the image itself. It's taken in Irvine Regional Park/Irvine Park Railroads, which is an amusement park found in Irvine, California that also happens to have quite a lot of western theming... Which again, immediately makes me think Ghost Town 3.

TL;DR- I think this clue might be hinting that Ghost Town 3, or a western-themed original, is replacing Evil Dead.
I’m guessing this is not for an house but a scare zone or something and maybe even the CB themed room(if they have one)

I have two guesses.

If it’s for a SZ my guess is for the Traditional Halloween themed zone. I’m guessing this means it takes place at a pumpkin patch/Halloween party that real monsters show up at.

If it’s the CB themed room my guess is it’s at a pumpkin patch(we see lol boo since he was so popular) and the HHN 31unofficial icon, The Pumpkin Lord.
You have to wonder if the Shadybrook inmates are still on the loose at that Halloween party

Otherwise, I feel like it will just be a generic pumpkin patch thing with some costumes from HHN28

By generic I mean it will be everyone's favorite and will clog up my Twitter feed
Probably not any of these.

(Perhaps one day we'll get Ghost Town 3 :c)

Reactions: garpeel
I'll take a stab. The Irvine ranch reference could be a total red herring, but if it isn't, then I think it means this house will also be in CA. Obviously the only other thing out of place here is "moonbounce" which could be a reference to either werewolves or space creatures. What's heavily rumored to be coming to HHN Hollywood this year?

Killer Klowns from Outer Space

Emeric was one of the original clue gives in 2010. He and August Wind inspired me and, I’m sure, others like the Ifrit to do what we do.

The spec game would have likely withered if not for him kick starting the idea.

Makes sense, thanks for the clarification!

Not sure if it was already mentioned as I did keep up here but what if the witch rumored house is actually Scary Tails. I know in 28 they did ST with the wicked witch and I know they usually don’t repeat ideas but it’s just a thought.

Sorry mods this is more of a “shot in the dark” guess
"They did Stranger Things with the wicked witch?" - Me, a dumb guy

Hi, late to the convo from a few pages back, but I'm new to HHN, last year was my first attempt at going, which didn't go all too amazing logistically for me but I enjoyed the atmosphere enough to give it another go this year. I'm also relatively new to horror and while I can say there's a good few IPs i wish were happening this year, all I can remember from last year were folks talking up how good many of the original houses were , so a year with a good amount of original houses and scarezones sound pretty good to me. That and stuff like The Weeknd and supposedly going for a bit of a classic halloween vibe to tie into being HHN 31 (correct me if I'm wrong on this?) makes for a year that sounds like if anything else will be interesting.

I'll take a stab. The Irvine ranch reference could be a total red herring, but if it isn't, then I think it means this house will also be in CA. Obviously the only other thing out of place here is "moonbounce" which could be a reference to either werewolves or space creatures. What's heavily rumored to be coming to HHN Hollywood this year?

Killer Klowns from Outer Space
GOOD GOD I hope for this to be true! It’s funny, I first thought it was a sequel to “Wicked Growth” or something, but the bouncy house also reminded me of the Klownzilla puppet from the house. Plus replacing ED with KKFOS would make the most sense for a last minute addition I.P. Think about it, they already have the sets, props, costumes, etc. stored in some warehouse from HHN29, so it would be cost efficient to built it. They already have the I.P contract rights for Hollywood so it wouldn’t be too hard to obtain quickly, especially since they have done it in past events. It’s a guarantee hit with fans and locals. It fits perfectly with the traditional Halloween theme (as many people associate killer clowns with the Halloween season), AND as an extra bonus it can sell merchandise and be included in Marathon of Mayhem!

GOOD GOD I hope for this to be true! It’s funny, I first thought it was a sequel to “Wicked Growth” or something, but the bouncy house also reminded me of the Klownzilla puppet from the house. Plus replacing ED with KKFOS would make the most sense for a last minute addition I.P. Think about it, they already have the sets, props, costumes, etc. stored in some warehouse from HHN29, so it would be cost efficient to built it. They already have the I.P contract rights for Hollywood so it wouldn’t be too hard to obtain quickly, especially since they have done it in past events. It’s a guarantee hit with fans and locals. It fits perfectly with the traditional Halloween theme (as many people associate killer clowns with the Halloween season), AND as an extra bonus it can sell merchandise and be included in Marathon of Mayhem!

Unfortunately whatever this is, Legacy said as of now it’s only Orlando.

Reactions: Kichkinet85
I don’t know how this fits to the clue, but maybe it’s a last minute icon! Hollywood basically never does icons anyway. Especially If they don’t have a house I feel like marketing could’ve just recently worked together to have an icon for the event. (Though I guess they could have a house and it could be ED’s replacement )

Last edited:
I don’t know how this fits to the clue, but maybe it’s a last minute icon! Hollywood basically never does icons anyway. If they don’t have a house I feel like marketing could’ve just recently worked together to have an icon for the event.
This could mean that it might be a sequel to “Wicked Growth” or the Icon house, and that the Icon this year could be “The Pumpkin Lord.” Or I could be wrong AS USUAL, and some Mr. Know-it-all is going to type me the reasons why my theory is incorrect. Seriously, this is becoming a running joke for me as of now. I just want to be right just this once.

I think people need to speculate based on the knowledge we have and the facts in front of them, not necessarily in the pursuit of something they want.

I'd love a Re-Animator maze to replace Evil Dead, but I know that is so unlikely that it isn't really worth putting forward as a legitimate piece of speculation.

Killer Klowns, I think, is a fair guess, even if I don't think it's what's happening. A last-minute icon seems supremely unlikely given they have almost certainly planned most (if not all) of the merch at this point.

One thing I haven’t see anyone really mention on the clue is the witch and ghost on the side. So them and the pumpkins (3) make me think of traditional Halloween. Also with the sigh by the boucehouse it’s kinda blurred so that makes me think we should focus on the actual bounce house.

Hey hey hey... thats multiple levels of offensive, especially when I live in the dead zone that is Irvine, CA :chainsaw:

That means you're the chosen one - you must journey to the moonbounce and banish this speculation once and for all

Possibly going down for the first time this year. Looking at doing a Wednesday/Thursday in early October. Definitely one night, maybe two. Would express be needed?

Reactions: n i c k
Status
Not open for further replies.