Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 302 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I don’t know if this was mentioned yet but here’s my theory for what descendants of destruction (underground creatures) is: if this house is suppose to be seeds of extinction related, my theory is that maybe this house is centered around the people who survived the meteor strike from seeds by being underground at the time of the strike in the subways, sewers, or underground bunkers and have been just thriving underground for decades and maybe centuries, never going above ground to the plants that have taken over, eventually over many decades just evolving to living in the dark conditions underground and becoming more creature like? Like mole people or creatures similar to the monsters from the decent. Hence the title of the haunt, “descendants of destruction” they’re literally the decedents of the people who survived the destruction of the meteor and the plants from seeds and have been thriving underground this whole time

From what I have heard about DoD is that it is in the same universe as Seeds but they have no correlation to each other. It's more of cave and underground creatures have taken over instead of plants

Reactions: Crypt Keeper
Ok so I don’t know if this was mentioned yet but here’s my theory for what descendants of destruction (underground creatures) is: if this house is suppose to be seeds of extinction related, my theory is that maybe this house is centered around the people who survived the meteor strike from seeds by being underground at the time of the strike in the subways, sewers, or underground bunkers and have been just thriving underground for decades and maybe centuries, never going above ground to the plants that have taken over, eventually over many decades just evolving to living in the dark conditions underground and becoming more creature like? Like mole people or creatures similar to the monsters from the decent. Hence the title of the haunt, “descendants of destruction” they’re literally the decedents of the people who survived the destruction of the meteor and the plants from seeds and have been thriving underground this whole time
I kept hearing rumors of Seeds of Extinction coming back, so I think you have something here. This could very well be the backstory for this house and that would be AWESOME if it was!

IF there's a house related to Seeds of Extinction, could it actually be the Bug House? Screenshot_20220814-145031_Gallery.jpg

Also, just because I've always wondered - In Seeds of Extinction humanity is completely wiped out. Is there an example of any other houses at HHN where thematically you're not supposed/couldn't be there (not including film summary houses where you're watching events unfold)?

Last edited:
IF there's a house related to Seeds of Extinction, could it actually be the Bug House?

Also, just because I've always wondered - In Seeds of Extinction humanity is completely wiped out. Is there an example of any other houses at HHN where thematically you're not supposed/couldn't be there (not including film summary houses where you're watching events unfold)?

Wouldn't count on it:

Bugs is not a SoX sequel.
[in regards to Bugs being a SoX sequel] 0%

For Fiesta De Chupacabra and all the sugar skull imagery being seen so far, is it a safe bet we are thinking the house will take place in Mexico? My partner who is Puerto Rican is feeling salty that it is seeming like it is skewing Mexican and not Puerto Rican since that seems to be where the legend began/popularized.

For Fiesta De Chupacabra and all the sugar skull imagery being seen so far, is it a safe bet we are thinking the house will take place in Mexico? My partner who is Puerto Rican is feeling salty that it is seeming like it is skewing Mexican and not Puerto Rican since that seems to be where the legend began/popularized.
Mexican by what i'm hearing

Reactions: Rikku

Yeah I’m Puerto Rican too and salty that it takes place in Mexico but I’m still really exited because I’m hearing it’s gonna take place during Dia De Los Meurtos and that’s gonna lead to some cool visuals plus I think the desert-y climate of Mexico is more ominous than tropical Puerto Rico?

Yeah I’m Puerto Rican too and salty that it takes place in Mexico but I’m still really exited because I’m hearing it’s gonna take place during Dia De Los Meurtos and that’s gonna lead to some cool visuals plus I think the desert-y climate of Mexico is more ominous than tropical Puerto Rico?

True the desert and Dia De Los Muertos themes are absolutely cool and still have high hopes for the house but during initial spec when Chupacabra was being rumored he started telling me about all the news stories and things in PR in the 90s about it and just was bummed at the "Fiesta" name and that they didn't take the opportunity to go to PR with the house.

Does generic Latin American town work?

For me personally I think that is fine since the legend has truly expanded to all of Latin America. However my partner has PR pride and just to shine light on Latin culture outside of Mexico is always good too since Mexico usually gets the spot light on Latin representation. But I think generic Latin town is fine like I said I think he was just bummed at the missed opportunity, especially with the large PR population in Orlando/Florida.

Reactions: HHN Yeti Lover
I know this is more than likely spitballing and grasping at straws, but a fun little theory I cooked up that ties everything we know so far into a Pumpkin Lord's Cursed Halloween storyline:

The pumpkins in Production Central (and probably) New York, the overgrowth and roots in Central Park and Hollywood are all the evergrowing influence of the Pumpkin Lord, with that also tying back to the witches in San Francisco, summoning him with the cauldron and a ritual, just as they did in Wicked Growth last year.

One of the ingredients put in said cauldron for his summoning? A specially-made potion that comes from Prohibition Witches, who also like to ship their twisted lil drinks to a Dead Man's Wharf. Another one of the ingredients for the Pumpkin Lord's summoning? The blood of a Chupacabra victim.

Why did the meteor mutate all the plants in SoX and (presumably) Descendants? Struck down directly on a more powerful spot of the Pumpkin Lord's roots/growth, which is what causes the spores to release from it and mutate all of the plant-life.

For Bugs, I'm going off the theory that its a new type of extermination device that ends up mutating the bugs rather than killing them: One of the factors of said new devices comes from a remnant or seed of the Pumpkin Lord.

And finally, an ultimate retcon, the reason Robert L. Strickland went mad in the first place and ran such a brutal prison: He is one of, if not the only survivor, of the Pumpkin Lord.
tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

Once again, I know this is most likely wrong and more just a crazy theory coming from the mind of a big lore fan, but it's still fun to think about!

I hope I have better timing in Chupacabra than I did in Yeti. Felt like I only saw half of the scares anytime I went through Yeti, and never saw the Door Scare.
IDK about scares and stuff but similar setup story/ how the house progresses wise, from what I understand.

Also that’s a bummer. Those scares in Yeti put it in my top 3 that year.

Mexican by what i'm hearing
True the desert and Dia De Los Muertos themes are absolutely cool and still have high hopes for the house but during initial spec when Chupacabra was being rumored he started telling me about all the news stories and things in PR in the 90s about it and just was bummed at the "Fiesta" name and that they didn't take the opportunity to go to PR with the house.

For me personally I think that is fine since the legend has truly expanded to all of Latin America. However my partner has PR pride and just to shine light on Latin culture outside of Mexico is always good too since Mexico usually gets the spot light on Latin representation. But I think generic Latin town is fine like I said I think he was just bummed at the missed opportunity, especially with the large PR population in Orlando/Florida.

i guess chupacabra needs to be the first house i visit as soon as possible before things are changed or removed in case they get some backlash or something. who knows whats in the house that could seem problematic. i hope i can see it unchanged

IDK about scares and stuff but similar setup story/ how the house progresses wise, from what I understand.

Also that’s a bummer. Those scares in Yeti put it in my top 3 that year.

That's good to know, Yeti had a nice progression of starting slow/small and ramping up tenfold.

And yeah, unfortunately Yeti was near the bottom for me in 2019 since I just couldn't get a consistent run-through. FWIW, the scares I did get were really solid. The Slaughter Sinema finale redux always delivered, and I did get the Cliffside Yeti scene which setup the double whammy Arm Swipe and Shotgun blast.

Reactions: reeseyNG
Status
Not open for further replies.