Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 240 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean then it would be Exorcist and I’ve heard Uni has Evil Dead Rise ready to go. So that could very likely be it and the swap.

Agreed, out of all the rumored IP's, Exorcist: Believer would be the only one affected by the writers strike as its yet to be released. And if it gets pushed back, then we have another Evil Dead Rise situation, which would provide one of the weirder twist of fate situations if Evil Dead Rise ended up being the replacement.

Of course, that's all a big IF right now unless proven otherwise. However if it did happen, I wouldn't mind. EDR was a lot of fun, so for some folks this would actually be a plus to the line up.

I honestly would want an original concept Youkai house if a replacement for the Exorcist is necessary. Case Files Unearthed: Legendary Truth is a best example as a type house that was worth of making up the absence of an IP that was supposed to be there but never did, and It was awesome.

I honestly would want an original concept Youkai house if a replacement for the Exorcist is necessary. Case Files Unearthed: Legendary Truth is a best example as a type house that was worth of making up the absence of an IP that was supposed to be there but never did, and It was awesome.
We won’t be getting anything like that this year in this current scenario.
They still had a whole year to develop that house.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I mean then it would be Exorcist and I’ve heard Uni has Evil Dead Rise ready to go. So that could very likely be it and the swap.
Agreed, out of all the rumored IP's, Exorcist: Believer would be the only one affected by the writers strike as its yet to be released. And if it gets pushed back, then we have another Evil Dead Rise situation, which would provide one of the weirder twist of fate situations if Evil Dead Rise ended up being the replacement.

Of course, that's all a big IF right now unless proven otherwise. However if it did happen, I wouldn't mind. EDR was a lot of fun, so for some folks this would actually be a plus to the line up.
1. If we swapped Exorcist with EDR then this year for me has an absolute banger IP house list.

2. Nightmare fuel is a perfect HHN show I love half naked people and explosions
Wouldn't it be 10x easier to just swap Believer with the OG film? They could market the house around this year being the 50th anniversary of the film.

Sounds like a win-win.

Wouldn't it be 10x easier to just swap Believer with the OG film? They could market the house around this year being the 50th anniversary of the film.

Sounds like a win-win.
It Doesn’t just work that way
If you already had the plans for one house done, why would you want to design something entirely new from the ground up?

And if they already had the studios approval for an IP layout/house, why would you want to go through the trouble of designing, then redesigning a house (assuming the studio doesn’t care for the first design)?
I'm hearing from alternate sources that this source may have jumped the gun...

This is why it's in the speculation thread
And again, maybe this whole rumor is wrong?

Reactions: ReelJustice
If you already had the plans for one house done, why would you want to design something entirely new from the ground up?

And if they already had the studios approval for an IP layout/house, why would you want to go through the trouble of designing, then redesigning a house (assuming the studio doesn’t care for the first design)?
The movies r different so therefore they can’t just switch them. They would have to buy the rights for the other.

Nightmare Fuel, whether you like it or not, is a fan favorite of the event. More popular and received (dare I say) louder applause than any B&T show. I think there's space for them at the event on a yearly/semi-annual basis. But, there's gotta be an additional show at the event as well.
There will be "additional experiences," not necessarily another show(at least not in the context everyone would be thinking, like Jack's 25th or AoV in their smaller stage days). These experiences will eat crowds.

The movies r different so therefore they can’t just switch them. They would have to buy the rights for the other.
I mean, this is true too.

Though given that EDR was supposed to come last year and contracts can be odd (time of use of the property or expiration of contract, as seen with Beetlejuice), they may have to negotiate again for EDR.

And if I had to pick between negotiating for EDR or the original, I would pick EDR based solely on the fact that I have an already approved layout ready to go.

But, again, this assumes that we are not getting ahead of ourselves on this talk. Ringwraith said this line of thinking might be hasty, so I am not expecting a change at the moment.

As well, event if Exorcist Believer was supposed to be our house and the movie is now delayed, that doesn’t mean it cannot STILL COME as a house. Perhaps WB learned from pulling out of HHN in the past or perhaps they just want the money/word of mouth a haunt might translate to for their movie. Who knows?

Reactions: Rikku
Sorry, I don't like to do that unless I'm sure, but when two sources are sure and are on opposite sides of the spectrum, that's what you get sometimes. :devil:
Hey I get that, it's good to have sources from different areas and echo chambers. When those match up it's definitely a sign!

Status
Not open for further replies.