Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 241 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So there seems to be some suggestion by folks over in the Minions Cafe thread who are likely to know what they’re talking about that this years HHN might serve as a test for a new, Genie-style express and planning system. Am I misinterpreting things? Have there been any rumors to this effect?

Introducing an even more widespread line-skipping system at an event that already struggles with capacity, particularly in a year that will feature only one show, sort of seems like a recipe for disaster.

So there seems to be some suggestion by folks over in the Minions Cafe thread who are likely to know what they’re talking about that this years HHN might serve as a test for a new, Genie-style express and planning system. Am I misinterpreting things? Have there been any rumors to this effect?

Introducing an even more widespread line-skipping system at an event that already struggles with capacity, particularly in a year that will feature only one show, sort of seems like a recipe for disaster.
If anything, sounds like they are tweaking express

• Wow
Reactions: Rikku and Ahmanet
I’ve heard from places that this year HHN is going to have some new ‘crowd eating’ offerings… not sure if it’s reliable at all though, but maybe the line skipping thing is for that ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ahmanet

A Genie-like “Beat The Lines” system is beyond a hell no. What’s the point of updating it to something confusing and less straightforward when the Express is fine the way it is?

I believe it won’t start until the beginning of next year,

I haven't been since covid so I splurged on an RIP tour this year so I'll be looking at the express line the same way
My friend group plan this year was to get a group to do one night on a private RIP tour instead of FF+ w/ Express. No real interest in the shared one because we just want to hammer houses and don't care about shows/bar breaks/food breaks/etc.

Once we saw the prices this year we noped that and will probably pass on the event completely. I'd say +1 for the pricing increases doing their job, but the reality is probably that we've hit an age where going over and over is too much of a beating for our livers and I'm guessing someone younger who doesn't worry about nasty hangovers on a work night will backfill our spot in the Express lines.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they offered an Individual Lightning Lane style express for big houses like Stranger Things and Last of Us since that’s the way things seem to be heading after Cedar Fair has introduced it. They could get rid of multi night express to make up for the capacity.

As a tourist, the express lines were poorly managed compared to other years which stung after the major price hikes.

Reactions: Ahmanet
My friend group plan this year was to get a group to do one night on a private RIP tour instead of FF+ w/ Express. No real interest in the shared one because we just want to hammer houses and don't care about shows/bar breaks/food breaks/etc.

Once we saw the prices this year we noped that and will probably pass on the event completely. I'd say +1 for the pricing increases doing their job, but the reality is probably that we've hit an age where going over and over is too much of a beating for our livers and I'm guessing someone younger who doesn't worry about nasty hangovers on a work night will backfill our spot in the Express lines.
Yeah I just did the public tour, I’m only 1 person and can’t justify the level of hedonism of booking a solo private RIP lol

• Haha
Reactions: Ahmanet and Rikku
I havent read through the entire thread, has there been any talk/rumors about what they are going to do at cabana bay this year? Or are they not going to do anything there this time around?
If I had to guess, I'd assume another full Stranger Things photo op - or maybe one that combines Stranger Things and TLOU.

As long as they still offer the normal Express - the individual Express passes wouldn't be the WORST thing imo. I can't imagine going without Express anymore so they've got me hook, line and sinker.

I also can't see HHN trying out a major new system when the event is predominantly made up of newer Team Members, especially with opening weekend also being Labor Day weekend.

I'm sure it'll happen eventually, but this year just doesn't seem like the year to do it.

I hate saying this, but management didn't seem to care last year. After last year's opening weekend, I've seen no indication by Universal to actually take the initiative to give TMs the opportunity to train properly before being thrown into the mess. I know we had a lengthy discussion about this last year, but for an event that has operated at a similar level for years, it's still amazing to see them operate like the Pre-Potter days in some aspects.

I don't expect a Minion+ system to run at full capacity during HHN, but a test seems more likely.

I hate saying this, but management didn't seem to care last year. After last year's opening weekend, I've seen no indication by Universal to actually take the initiative to give TMs the opportunity to train properly before being thrown into the mess. I know we had a lengthy discussion about this last year, but for an event that has operated at a similar level for years, it's still amazing to see them operate like the Pre-Potter days in some aspects.

I don't expect a Minion+ system to run at full capacity during HHN, but a test seems more likely.

Because the event changes every year and the queues are built every evening. “They stop giving up after opening weekend” is a straight up lie.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I wouldn’t be surprised if they offered an Individual Lightning Lane style express for big houses like Stranger Things and Last of Us since that’s the way things seem to be heading after Cedar Fair has introduced it. They could get rid of multi night express to make up for the capacity.
The FIRST time I saw individual express utilized was at Busch Gardens Williamsburg in 2017. They had a strict limit on ALL express passes and from my understanding, they sold less individual express passes vs the combo express. When I went there was one house I wanted to see which opened later in the evening. By the time I got over to that area of the park the lines were insane. When I went to buy a pass for the one house I wanted to see, they were completely sold out.

It’s an interesting concept, but it has to be managed well and for a heavy hitter like Stranger Things, you definitely would have to limit the individual sales.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Status
Not open for further replies.