Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This sorta seems like it needs more recognition. Wednesday is a great big hit with significant crossover appeal, a distinctive aesthetic, and a big name creative team. It seems to be right in the sweet spot of the zeitgeist for an HHN house. If HHN hasn't completely burned their bridges with Netflix, a lineup of Wednesday, Stranger Things, and Chucky seems like one of the stronger IP slates they've had in a while. Maybe slip an 80s golden oldie in there and baby, you got a stew going.
Seems like the relationship is still intact.

Just like Murdy stated in his reply, they're doing their own thing. Specifically, Stranger Things. So don't expect Stranger Things anytime soon.

Seems like the relationship is still intact.

Just like Murdy stated in his reply, they're doing their own thing. Specifically, Stranger Things. So don't expect Stranger Things anytime soon.

We did the Stranger Things Experience in NYC earlier this year - and it was INSANELY popular. I can see them definitely trying to stick to doing their own thing, as much as it's sad to say. "Why not both?"

As far as Dawn FM, I think it's safe to say that, even if it's not in 2023, the Weeknd will definitely be back to the event.

Wednesday is actuallly Amazon/MGM...they hold the rights and who Universal would need to talk to...not Netflix.

From what I know when it comes to IP ownerships, the rights of the Addams family is owned by Tee & Charles Addams Foundation.

I haven't seen Wednesday, are there anything in there that could translate to a haunted house beyond "vibes"? From the outside it seems more broody and foreboding than something that could work as a house.

I haven't seen Wednesday, are there anything in there that could translate to a haunted house beyond "vibes"? From the outside it seems more broody and foreboding than something that could work as a house.
Main scare would definitely be the
Hyde monster. Could make for a lot of good puppet scares.

Wednesday would be a lot like beetlejuice and ghostbusters. It fits the Halloween vibes but not so much the scares.

Last edited:
Reactions: HHN Maddux
Just finished it recently, and I'd argue there's a pretty big chunk of house-friendly material. The whole school itself can carry a house as an environment along with the surrounding forest. A pretty decent handful of monsters/villains to choose from, as well. Though I'd argue the bigger contention with it as a property is that I don't see it staying super popular all the way until next September/August

Reactions: HHN Maddux
Okay too many ridiculous suggestions in this thread; let me try something I think is more realistic.

So 2023 marks the 20th anniversary of cult classic House of 1000 Corpses. I could see it coming to Orlando because
1) it fits the dark and gory of theme of HHN
2) John Murdy creative director of Hollywood likes working with the film’s director Rob Zombie so it’s possible it will return to Hollywood
3) Then it would be brought to Orlando for synergy reasons.
4) Orlando has brought back IPs several times

We did the Stranger Things Experience in NYC earlier this year - and it was INSANELY popular. I can see them definitely trying to stick to doing their own thing, as much as it's sad to say. "Why not both?"

As far as Dawn FM, I think it's safe to say that, even if it's not in 2023, the Weeknd will definitely be back to the event.
The Weeknd is at an all-time high in popularity, so I don't think Universal should miss out on exploring a Dawn FM house. The Weeknd being a one-and-done deal doesn't make sense to me.

The Weeknd is at an all-time high in popularity, so I don't think Universal should miss out on exploring a Dawn FM house. The Weeknd being a one-and-done deal doesn't make sense to me.

Even if he doesn’t come back annually, he could do a two year gap for each house based on his recent albums. If there’s one downside of him coming back once per year is that would mean less quality, less creative ideas, and more quantity.

Okay too many ridiculous suggestions in this thread; let me try something I think is more realistic.

So 2023 marks the 20th anniversary of cult classic House of 1000 Corpses. I could see it coming to Orlando because
2) John Murdy creative director of Hollywood likes working with the film’s director Rob Zombie so it’s possible it will return to Hollywood

As much I’ve enjoyed that movie, I think It’s too soon to bring 1000 Corpses back, since It was there as a house more than three years ago. If it were, then I’m going with a 2028 to 2033 time frame at the soonest.

As stated before, anniversaries don't really mean anything. Psycho is an infinitely more influential property to Universal - as well as HHN - and was nowhere to be found for its 60th Anniversary for HHN 30.

On top of that, Corpses does not have that kind of recognition, especially after being used not too long ago.

As much I’ve enjoyed that movie, I think It’s too soon to bring 1000 Corpses back, since It was there as a house more than three years ago. If it were, then I’m going with a 2028 to 2033 time frame at the soonest.
As stated before, anniversaries don't really mean anything. Psycho is an infinitely more influential property to Universal - as well as HHN - and was nowhere to be found for its 60th Anniversary for HHN 30.

On top of that, Corpses does not have that kind of recognition, especially after being used not too long ago.

True but keep in mind Hollywood’s event (which does repeats moreso than Orlando) and the whole Comcast synergy thing since 2012. And the lack of /disrespect to Psycho was stupid.

Reactions: Crypt Keeper
No offense, but how can you be sure?

Every single material point you made about why you think it could appear has been refuted. Murdy and Zombie no longer get along. House of 1000 Corpses only returned to Hollywood because Orlando wanted to do it. No chance Orlando wants to try it again so soon, and there's no reason for Hollywood to do it again. So... it's not coming.

Two theories for next year (the second being more wishlist-y I'll admit but I still think is possible):

1. While we're most definitely getting another UM house, part of me wonders if we could still get Munsters, but as a show? It could work well as a return to there being a comedic show.

2. Is it possible they retheme one of the escape rooms (or build a whole new one in one of the soundstages) as an extra 'house'? Could make for a lot of easy extra money and a really cool bonus experience.

Two theories for next year (the second being more wishlist-y I'll admit but I still think is possible):

1. While we're most definitely getting another UM house, part of me wonders if we could still get Munsters, but as a show? It could work well as a return to there being a comedic show.

2. Is it possible they retheme one of the escape rooms (or build a whole new one in one of the soundstages) as an extra 'house'? Could make for a lot of easy extra money and a really cool bonus experience.
The Munsters would make for a great show and the new Munsters movie could've opened the door for that, but it apparently flopped big time. I enjoyed the movie tho lol.

While it could help with crowding issues, I just don't see escape rooms working at HHN. I imagine the line for those being ridiculous. Retheming the escape rooms in CityWalk makes much more sense to me as it wouldn't be the first time they've rethemed something outside of HHN.

Reactions: Fear2010

You mean like a stage show? Hmm don’t know; not interested in watching the Munsters.

I think a haunted escape room could work.

This is late but unless Chucky turns out to be 2023’s icon and there’s a vague theme about dolls or whatever I don’t see a M3GAN house happening. It’s redundant to have two houses featuring homicidal dolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.