Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm firmly on team Scooby - I think it could translate really well, similarly to Ghostbustrs or Beetlejuice as someone else said previously. Seeing all the iconic Scooby monsters would be really, really cool.

As far as Saw - I like the franchise but I honestly don't want to see it back. I feel like that is something that DOESN'T translate to an HHN environment. Honestly, I feel like Saw could be a fun zone though.
I'm on that team as well. I loved Ghostbusters and Beetlejuice, so I'm all for a Scooby-Doo house.

27's house was basically like a viewing gallery of the traps lol. There were some cool scenes here and there, but it was mostly just looking at people stuck in traps. If they could somehow steer away from that, then Saw could make for a great house. I'd imagine a Saw zone where there are small stages with people in the traps, and of course, they put on a mini show with them trying to escape. Would be cool to see a bunch of pigmen roaming.

I rather have SAW than Michael Myers again....
Or have the purge or something. I think I rather have SAW than exorcist. I really really don't care for exorcist again.
Not everything from saw has been put into hhn, there are different traps that haven't been done. Different rooms.

There are a lot of different traps we haven't seen yet. It could be awesome. Specially in a stage. Bigger space.

There's enough stuff to fit 20 rooms. Not just traps but different locations.
Different areas.

Last edited:
I rather have SAW than Michael Myers again....
Or have the purge or something. I think I rather have SAW than exorcist. I really really don't care for exorcist again.
Not everything from saw has been put into hhn, there are different traps that haven't been done. Different rooms.

There are a lot of different traps we haven't seen yet. It could be awesome. Specially in a stage. Bigger space.

There's enough stuff to fit 20 rooms. Not just traps but different locations.
Different areas.
As much as I don't want Saw again, you're right about this.

Better Saw than Halloween, Purge, or Exorcist IMO.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
The Exorcist is one of those IP’s I don’t mind seeing it back at the event. More so than Saw cause the translation from the movie into a house did better despite repeating the bedroom scenes and some small tweaks.

As much as I don't want Saw again, you're right about this.

Better Saw than Halloween, Purge, or Exorcist IMO.
Saw is an awful franchise with little to no redeeming quality. That's a subjective opinion. Another subjective opinion, but one I think will find wider acceptance, is that by the nature of the IP, Saw houses are static, monotonous, drab, and unimpressive. I think we've seen that with previous attempts to translate Saw.

I never want to see Purge again and I think Exorcist has been done as well as possible, but both are much preferable to Saw.

Probably wouldn't be as bad on the Florida side of HHN, but as a local to Hollywood's event...the repeat of Exorcist in 2021 was probably one of the worst house HHN Hollywood has ever done (And it won HOTY!!!!!). Repeating Exorcist here would mean Hollywood gets the repeat of that garbage house

They can make It an Orlando exclusive for next year, so why not have a turn? They had done an awesome job on the sets unlike Hollywood.

Reactions: pumpkinbot343
Saw is an awful franchise with little to no redeeming quality. That's a subjective opinion. Another subjective opinion, but one I think will find wider acceptance, is that by the nature of the IP, Saw houses are static, monotonous, drab, and unimpressive. I think we've seen that with previous attempts to translate Saw.

I never want to see Purge again and I think Exorcist has been done as well as possible, but both are much preferable to Saw.

Hollywood’s attempt in 2009/2010 was well received. Helps that Jigsaw was the icon in 09.

Hey what’s wrong with the Exorcist?
The Exorcist is one of those IP’s I don’t mind seeing it back at the event. More so than Saw cause the translation from the movie into a house did better despite repeating the bedroom scenes and some small tweaks.

exorcist was too much repeating and not enough variety. once was good. i would rather repeat the Shining if it comes to a repeat. (or maybe Something like suspiria or the omen or amitville horror if they wanna go retro)

i would actually prefer a house based on the exorcist sequels or a best of from all the movies.

Reactions: Crypt Keeper
exorcist was too much repeating and not enough variety. once was good. i would rather repeat the Shining if it comes to a repeat. (or maybe Something like suspiria or the omen or amitville horror if they wanna go retro)

i would actually prefer a house based on the exorcist sequels or a best of from all the movies.

They could do a compilation house of the series. I wouldn’t include II and the prequels cause they’re badly unwatchable; just take the best of the 1973 classic, III, and the TV series along with a preview of the upcoming reboot trilogy.

I kinda want a Exorcist house where it’s literally the same room on repeat; kind of like a Groundhog Day shtick; except the room morphs more and more each time eventually leading to Hell itself.

Hell I want to see a house like a Groundhog Day thing.

Unfortunately, Exorcist was one of the houses I missed out on seeing, so I wouldn't be upset if it returned. I didn't get to see Exorcist, TCM, and Lunatic's Playground at 26.

Suspiria is on my IP Wish list, but I feel like it'll never happen.

^Suspiria is totally on my wish list. I run into Murdy now and then at Hollywood and that's one we always talk about. Lack of brand identification is an obstacle and unfortunately the reboot didn't change that. So many great set pieces that would work in a maze and Inferno has some lovely scenes too (Mother of Tears, maybe less so). Masters of Horror might be an interesting anthology concept, like do Argento (possibly not well known enough), Carpeneter, Craven etc probably too complicated when it involves many different movies.

Tobe Hooper's Salem's Lot would be the balls, but the king won't allow that.

They could do a compilation house of the series. I wouldn’t include II and the prequels cause they’re badly unwatchable; just take the best of the 1973 classic, III, and the TV series along with a preview of the upcoming reboot trilogy.
I kinda want a Exorcist house where it’s literally the same room on repeat; kind of like a Groundhog Day shtick; except the room morphs more and more each time eventually leading to Hell itself.

Hell I want to see a house like a Groundhog Day thing.

i really liked this movie visually and sets wise. if uni wanted to bring it back i wished it explored other parts of the mythology, explore where the demon comes from, the sets in this movie were pretty amazing. i would LOVE that church for hhn
i would be happy with a house that explores other aspects from the sequels or the backstories.

Unfortunately, Exorcist was one of the houses I missed out on seeing, so I wouldn't be upset if it returned. I didn't get to see Exorcist, TCM, and Lunatic's Playground at 26.

Suspiria is on my IP Wish list, but I feel like it'll never happen.

Exorcist was like happy death day but with black walls. a lot of black walls if i remember lol

• Haha
Reactions: Crypt Keeper
i really liked this movie visually and sets wise. if uni wanted to bring it back i wished it explored other parts of the mythology, explore where the demon comes from, the sets in this movie were pretty amazing. i would LOVE that church for hhn
i would be happy with a house that explores other aspects from the sequels or the backstories.

Exorcist was like happy death day but with black walls. a lot of black walls if i remember lol

Nah, Exorcist at 26 actually had a fair variety in sets (at least more that you might remember anyway, still repetive obviously) and hardly any if any black walls. I thought they did a fantastic job all things considered on that house. As good as they could anyway considered the film is not set up to make a great haunted house.

Status
Not open for further replies.