Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah what the heck might as well throw it in there (if it wasn’t already). So I just found out that Winnie the Pooh is in public domain? And there’s a horror movie coming about based on Winnie the Pooh? I honestly thought it was a joke at first.

So yeah; could Universal actually do a house based on the movie for this year? Or at least do an “original” house on it? I don’t think Disney can Sue Uni for it… could they?

Then again I could see Universal pulling it off specifically to flip the bird at Disney so.

Personally I would be freakin’ ENRAGED if this does happen. And I’m not even attending HHN (so far). This whole thing just screams edgelord to me. But this is just be throwing a suggestion and it could very well be a possibility?:eek:O:

I think the closest you'll get is if they ever do another Scary Tales house, they'll include a twisted version of Pooh among the tales..

I think the closest you'll get is if they ever do another Scary Tales house, they'll include a twisted version of Pooh among the tales..

If they decide to do their own take of Pooh for the Scary Tales franchise, then It could work for just one scene, but I’d actually like to see them do spin-offs for the house franchise by dabbling other Fairy Tales/Public Domain stories as their own thing separately like Peter Pan, the Wizard of Oz, Beauty & The Beast, and my most wanted The Jungle Book mainly because if you do another Scary Tales sequel as a compilation again, It be would be a tad repetitive with some they had used before and a waste of potential for some.

Not sure how much they could pull off with Mulan and Tarzan, but Hercules should be kept as a possible spinoff of Hades, and doing an Aladdin house and a compilation of the Uncle Remus stories are the only ones I could think of that will never happen.

Last edited:
Ah what the heck might as well throw it in there (if it wasn’t already). So I just found out that Winnie the Pooh is in public domain? And there’s a horror movie coming about based on Winnie the Pooh? I honestly thought it was a joke at first.

So yeah; could Universal actually do a house based on the movie for this year? Or at least do an “original” house on it? I don’t think Disney can Sue Uni for it… could they?

Then again I could see Universal pulling it off specifically to flip the bird at Disney so.

Personally I would be freakin’ ENRAGED if this does happen. And I’m not even attending HHN (so far). This whole thing just screams edgelord to me. But this is just be throwing a suggestion and it could very well be a possibility?:eek:O:
They've already flipped the bird at Disney many times before, so I don't think it's something they're looking to do.

Winnie the Pooh could be given an original house (Just give it the Scary Tales treatment lol), but I really doubt the actual horror movie would ever make its way to the event.

If it ever becomes a rumor and it officially comes to the event, I’ll welcome Pooh with my arms wide open. Blood & Honey is the only IP I could think of with a “WTF” Factor that has a better shot unlike The Mean One & Cocaine Bear. Thank God for the public domains!

True but I don’t see what’s to be excited about. I get that dark and twisted versions of Fairy Tales are popular; but Winnie the Pooh isn’t really just another fairy tale. From what I researched most of the fairy tales were messed up from the beginning- The Prince got his eyes pricked by thorns, the Mad Queen literally danced to her death in red hot shoes- and many of the Disney films sanitized them to make it more kid friendly. So I don’t really have any problems with Cinderella getting her legs cut off or Bloody Mary turning Wonderland’s residents insane.

But I don’t think Winnie the Pooh ever had any dark elements to begin with. It always was a fun lighthearted adventure to another world. So not exactly what I would consider a property that needs a darker and edgier tone. Plus not only that but the way they did it. I only read the plot synopsis to find it stupid. Pooh and Piglet eat their friends and decide to turn into slashers and kill Christopher Robin for supposedly abandoning them. WTF? It’s lazy, idiotic, and sounds like some 14 year’s old trash fanfic trying to be edgy and cool.

There’s ways to put to darker spin on a material but this ain’t it chief. (Hell I wouldn’t even approve of an original take. Winnie the Pooh of all things?)

Last edited:
True but I don’t see what’s to be excited about. I get that dark and twisted versions of Fairy Tales are popular; but Winnie the Pooh isn’t really just another fairy tale. From what I researched most of the fairy tales were messed up from the beginning- The Prince got his eyes pricked by thorns, the Mad Queen literally danced to her death in red hot shoes- and many of the Disney films sanitized them to make it more kid friendly. So I don’t really have any problems with Cinderella getting her legs cut off or Bloody Mary turning Wonderland’s residents insane.

But I don’t think Winnie the Pooh ever had any dark elements to begin with. It always was a fun lighthearted adventure to another world. So not exactly what I would consider a property that needs a darker and edgier tone. Plus not only that but the way they did it. I only read the plot synopsis to find it stupid. Pooh and Piglet eat their friends and decide to turn into slashers and kill Christopher Robin for supposedly abandoning them. WTF? It’s lazy, idiotic, and sounds like some 14 year’s old trash fanfic trying to be edgy and cool.

There’s ways to put to darker spin on a material but this ain’t it chief. (Hell I wouldn’t even approve of an original take. Winnie the Pooh of all things?)

We’re entering wish list territory here.

This kinda got buried previously but I wanted to circle back to it - has anyone heard rumors of what the Minions reserve space is like? If it's bigger/smaller than the Shrek location?

With Villain Con being a walk through attraction and possibly taking up less space, I'm curious if they may have enlarged the area a bit.

This kinda got buried previously but I wanted to circle back to it - has anyone heard rumors of what the Minions reserve space is like? If it's bigger/smaller than the Shrek location?

With Villain Con being a walk through attraction and possibly taking up less space, I'm curious if they may have enlarged the area a bit.

I think that’s too early to tell cause we don’t really know what It really looks like behind Villain-Con until it opens. Though I do find the rumor about half of Shrek replaced by the Minions interesting, but It’s possible that the former house location is either already filled In completely or will be used as a storage and repairing section. If safe, then they would use it as a backup in case other locations are about to replace by newer attractions or expansions. I’ve been hearing the sprung tents are portable, but I am curious where they would relocate, since they’re on the park’s expansion pad.

Well first of all Wish list would be for properties one would actually want. Secondly with the public domain thing, this at least has a 1% possibility of actually happening.

Anything really has a percentage of happening, which isn't the point of the thread. It's to speculate on potential properties with a high chance. Basically, rein in it a bit. We don't need to throw everything at the wall.

Anything really has a percentage of happening, which isn't the point of the thread. It's to speculate on potential properties with a high chance. Basically, rein in it a bit. We don't need to throw everything at the wall.

So from I get from this basically IPS like Freddy, Exorcist, and Halloween and less so properties like My Bloody Valentine and a dark take on Arabian Nights?

I believe @Alicia mentioned this in the Villain-Con thread, but I believe the house space is in the theater that wasn't being used for HHN before. They also shifted a wall into the space slightly, so my understanding is that it'll be just a little smaller with a completely different entrance and exit.

Aside from Chucky and the Classic Monsters, I wonder what other potential properties they can use for HHN or if there’s even any left. They used up all the big ones. There’s a new Scream movie coming out but I’ve heard of some licensing issues which makes it tricky. Same thing with Hellraiser. Evil Dead got canned last year so I don’t see them trying again. I have no idea if the F13 lawsuit was settled. Maybe the tide will shift to more original houses? Unless they reuse IPs like Freddy and Exorcist again, which can work. For some of them it has been quite some time.

Unless they bring more music artists like the Weekend for more creative experiences… and I’ll admit I’m really behind on the music scene (or at least artists that deal with the macabre).

Reactions: Crypt Keeper
Aside from Chucky and the Classic Monsters, I wonder what other potential properties they can use for HHN or if there’s even any left. They used up all the big ones. There’s a new Scream movie coming out but I’ve heard of some licensing issues which makes it tricky. Same thing with Hellraiser. Evil Dead got canned last year so I don’t see them trying again. I have no idea if the F13 lawsuit was settled. Maybe the tide will shift to more original houses? Unless they reuse IPs like Freddy and Exorcist again, which can work. For some of them it has been quite some time.

Unless they bring more music artists like the Weekend for more creative experiences… and I’ll admit I’m really behind on the music scene (or at least artists that deal with the macabre).
Evil Dead Rise only got canned because it was delayed to April 2023. WB wanted it to be a theatrical release instead of an HBO Max release, so Evil Dead isn't really out of the picture.

Music artist houses could be a way for Universal to deal with the IP bucket getting low. The Weeknd alone can return multiple times. Freddy hasn't gotten his own house since 2007, so he's way overdue for a house. I feel like it's a little bit early to bring The Exorcist back (especially for Hollywood) but with the new movie coming next year, anything could happen.

Tbh, I just want to see a list of the obtainable IPs HHN hasn't done yet.

I’ve been hearing the rights Silence of the Lambs (and maybe the rest of the Hannibal movies) does have issues too despite being rumored as a house at 30. It got me wondering if It’s similar to the Stephen King type of situation Universal is having. Though Thomas Harris isn’t the most vocal novelist, but he might be protective of his book series who may not understand very much about HHN and other Halloween events. It seems like William Peter Blatty was the only book writer who was open about it when the Exorcist was being made as a house at 26 and understood the event months before his passing.

• Wow
Reactions: Horror Lover
I’ve been hearing the rights Silence of the Lambs (and maybe the rest of the Hannibal movies) does have issues too despite being rumored as a house at 30. It got me wondering if It’s similar to the Stephen King type of situation Universal is having. Though Thomas Harris isn’t the most vocal novelist, but he might be protective of his book series who may not understand very much about HHN and other Halloween events. It seems like William Peter Blatty was the only book writer who was open about it when the Exorcist was being made as a house at 26 and understood the event months before his passing.

Wait.. where did William Peter Blatty acknowledge The Exorcist being featured at HHN? I know Murdy took William Friedkin and Linda Blair through Hollywood's maze in 2016 but that's the only case I remember of The Exorcist's people acknowledging HHN..

Wait.. where did William Peter Blatty acknowledge The Exorcist being featured at HHN? I know Murdy took William Friedkin and Linda Blair through Hollywood's maze in 2016 but that's the only case I remember of The Exorcist's people acknowledging HHN..

It’s just a thought I’m wondering cause when you do a theme park attraction based on a movie that is originated from a novel, having a nice chat with author might be a requirement to make it happen first. The Shining on the other hand was different, since Stephen hated the original film adaptation and he is still greatly dissatisfied about it, but It did got me wondering how would Stanley Kubrick think of the event if he were alive now.

It’s just a thought I’m wondering cause when you do a theme park attraction based on a movie that is originated from a novel, having a nice chat with author might be a requirement to make it happen first. The Shining on the other hand was different, since Stephen hated the original film adaptation and he is still greatly dissatisfied about it, but It did got me wondering how would Stanley Kubrick think of the event if he were alive now.

Shining is a slow burn movie heavy on subtleties so I’d imagine Kubrick would hate it.

I don’t see the point in being enraged over something so silly. It’s just haunted houses and theme parks and movies, it’s not that serious.

Also can we stop with calling everything edgelord? It’s kind of beyond ridiculous calling everything edgelord. Some directors just like making weird films for their own entertainment, doesn’t mean they’re trying to be edgy.

But honestly it ain’t going to happen anyway. It just isn’t something I imagine the team are particularly interested in as a property when there’s so many others they’ve been aiming for and would make great houses. I still wanna see Pumpkin Head come to the event for one.

Last edited:
I don’t see the point in being enraged over something so silly. It’s just haunted houses and theme parks and movies, it’s not that serious.

Also can we stop with calling everything edgelord? It’s kind of beyond ridiculous calling everything edgelord. Some directors just like making weird films for their own entertainment, doesn’t mean they’re trying to be edgy.

But honestly it ain’t going to happen anyway. It just isn’t something I imagine the team are particularly interested in as a property when there’s so many others they’ve been aiming for and would make great houses. I still wanna see Pumpkin Head come to the event for one.
Pumpkinhead is on my wish list. Such an underrated movie that would make for a great house and it should've been done years ago. Not sure why it hasn't shown up yet.

Are we even allowed to speculate Pumpkinhead? lol

Reactions: Darko
Status
Not open for further replies.