Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 237 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's an issue for others. If you haven't experienced any, Ur lucky. Mostly it's the unruly teens causing problems. Cutting in line. Causing fights, breaking sets, Causing issues for the scareactors, etc.
Oh, I have actually seen that, lol. I was thinking younger. I have no problem with an adult night, but those worthless teens grow into worthless adults, so you can't avoid them for long

Reactions: Kichkinet85
There's always an argument about whether drunks or teens are the biggest troublemakers at the event - and in my experience, it's been mostly teens. I don't expect a age cap on the regular event; so if I'm paying $350 for a limited event, I don't want any non-sense from that demo. :lol:
I completely understand your point of view, and for a night like that, 21+ isn't asking much. I just don't want to see the entire event change to 21+ because of some rotten apples. My teenager lives in Manhattan attending NYU on a full ride, and my girls aren't far behind them. They shouldn't miss out on our favorite event. I personally think most adults are garbage, but I put up with them

I think an age cap would've been a nice perk for that price.
There's always an argument about whether drunks or teens are the biggest troublemakers at the event - and in my experience, it's been mostly teens. I don't expect a age cap on the regular event; so if I'm paying $350 for a limited event, I don't want any non-sense from that demo. :lol:
Definitely, especially it being the first public impression for the event. If they invite media that night, they'd prefer for it to go seamless.

But, HHN certainly needs some form of a chaperone policy requiring people to enter the event with at least someone over the age of 18 every night.

If they sprinkled these throughout the month, I'd be very interested in trying it. Opening weekend... less so.
This is definitely going to be seen as a test, looking for potential additional nights/expansion during future HHNs.

With that said, not a fan of how this is announced without any additional details. What are the hours? Will HNF perform a show or two?

I fully see this as a test and if all goes well, I can even see them running this throughout the month of august in the future on select nights, and then having the event fully open to all guests and FFP starting in September like usual. This idea would help with crowds as well for the length of the event.

If they sprinkled these throughout the month, I'd be very interested in trying it. Opening weekend... less so.
If they were to do it throughout the month, they'd pretty much have to do it on Monday or Tuesday as single day tickets have been on sale for a while and they can't just say, "sorry, you reserved your tickets for a private/special event night, pick another night".

If there is demand for the tickets, I could see them doing it again at the very end. Yes, crowds died way down at the end last year, but if you have a very limited capacity thing, with "first dibs" on 80% off merchandise, and Universal can use up extra/leftover food supplies and stuff by giving them away for an up-charge event, it might draw enough people. Maybe do something super awesome like from, say 6-8pm the houses are all "lights on" and you're allowed to take pictures of the originals. No worries about spoiling the houses for anybody else as they're going to be ripped down in a few days.

So HHN is making people pay to be "first" and get their content for their vlogs. Good.

Pulsing? Even better! I don't have to have people throw themselves back onto me because they need good footage for their GoPro as they record everything while I get a bad run behind them.

Throw in AYCE food and soda? Saves me the trouble of booking a spot on Citywalk or fighting 40 min lines at the small stands. I figure this will be a grab and go if it's not all in a central spot.

At $325/350, I definitely see the value if the crowds are actually small and gives better chances of having good runs each house with pulsing.

If they were to do it throughout the month, they'd pretty much have to do it on Monday or Tuesday as single day tickets have been on sale for a while and they can't just say, "sorry, you reserved your tickets for a private/special event night, pick another night".
I think he meant throughout the month of August, so the only weekend they need to avoid is the last weekend. Any other day they could do it.

If I'm making one trip to HHN and, because of crowds, have to go 2 nights, and/or get express, I'd absolutely pay $350 to go just one night with limited crowds and all you can eat. It's a no brainer in that scenario. Of course it depends on how much they actually limit the crowds to determine if it's actually worth it.

If I'm a local who goes multiple times, then probably not.

But they'd have to sprinkle these in during the event for it to work for me regardless. August isn't happening. That makes it less likely for it to work out for them as increased supply = less demand usually.

I think he meant throughout the month of August, so the only weekend they need to avoid is the last weekend. Any other day they could do it.
I was speaking more generally. I understand there isn't anything they can do this year, but I'd personally be more inclined to do this on a wednesday/thursday in September than on opening weekend.

Definitely, especially it being the first public impression for the event. If they invite media that night, they'd prefer for it to go seamless.

But, HHN certainly needs some form of a chaperone policy requiring people to enter the event with at least someone over the age of 18 every night.

This is definitely going to be seen as a test, looking for potential additional nights/expansion during future HHNs.

With that said, not a fan of how this is announced without any additional details. What are the hours? Will HNF perform a show or two?
Chaperones are a good idea, and I'd be okay with that throughout the whole event, honestly. If they nail the pulsing aspect, I can definitely see the value. There's always at least 1 house that I enjoy but end up missing most of the scares

Absolutely loving the idea of Media early access. It's a win-win across the board for all parties.

The limited access June night is really cool and hope to see more of it in the future. That said, even though I have the means now, I still poverty-max the event (FFP, no express) and ride or die by the winds of fate on crowds. June was insane last year with the ticket limitations and some nights felt empty.

Looks like we got the premier PH nights. Not sure what the dates were exactly last year but it looks like there is more nights this year.View attachment 22020
All I can think is not a whole lot of these were used last year (always been my theory that 90% of Premium APs either buy multi-night or have zero interest), or the multi-night options/prices are going to drop a few jaws. Because this is a ton more nights.

Has there been any indication that this Thursday event is the new media night? When I booked RIP a month or so ago, we were told that since opening night was media night, there wouldn't be any RIPs that night. I'd love to switch my RIP to opening night proper