Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 236 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This was the mindset I had. Yeah, the meetups include both parks, but with this including HHN houses.. that's a big one.

(I also don't want to support OI but that's a different convo lol)
I'm just talking limited crowd/unlimited food event. If you prefer, Halloween night at MNSSHP would run you $199 +$120 for a dessert party (so just 90ish minutes of unlimited food) which is just $5 cheaper.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
That's my biggest issue here. This is clearly targeted at locals who will already be paying hundreds on FFP. A Power Pass amount of money for an additional night is a rough sell for me.

I don't think it is.

I think the target is more for the people who want to do one weekend and avoid the chaos (and a little bit of a blogger tax). If you're getting any type of FFP, this shouldn't interest you.

I don't think it is.

I think the target is more for the people who want to do one weekend and avoid the chaos (and a little bit of a blogger tax). If you're getting any type of FFP, this shouldn't interest you.
I could be wrong for sure! The general vibe I'm getting off of comments thus far on a variety of platforms seems to give more of a "superfan" crowd to me, but I suppose those are also the ones who are going to be commenting about an HHN post at 9 AM on a work day lol.

I have nothing in particular against doing this for one night, but I hope it fails pretty decisively to discourage the expansion of the practice… and to keep management from believing they can raise ticket prices way up.

It is a reminder the event is less then three months away - are the new tents up yet?

Reactions: Brownie54
I have nothing in particular against doing this for one night, but I hope it fails pretty decisively to discourage the expansion of the practice… and to keep management from believing they can raise ticket prices way up.

It is a reminder the event is less then three months away - are the new tents up yet?

One doesn't have to do with the other, necessarily?

You can have a successful event, add a couple extra nights, while not jacking up the regular prices is a very feasible scenario.

This actually opens the door for Opening Night to not be as chaotic - as I assume media, VIPs, etc will be asked to go Thursday night. (and the bloggers that didn't will just pay)
This is my hope - hold a media night, and then fit the remaining capacity with the bloggers/fanatics that tend to be annoying on opening night.

Reduces the stress on capacity from a ridiculous amount of express users on opening night (Frequent Fear/DAS/VIP/Media VIP/etc.)

I just hope this actually reduces the amount of RIP Tours during opening weekend... last year at one point some of the houses had a mini queue for RIP Tours with the amount of tours being given out to media/etc.

Edit: I hope this isn't seen as an alternative to adding capacity to the event. Would hate to see this go down the Disney After Hours route of chasing 2 forms of admission per day instead of increasing capacity to the event.

my reasoning is that, its the only show without ips or the icons, not tied to a year, (its very generic) can be reused
-most people didnt get to see it, it would still feel new, it would mean that everyone gets to experience it now...
wont cost anything much
and i rather have something than nothing, we badly need a second show, the lagoon shows are such an amazing experience,
it might not fit perfectly.........but i need a lagoon show badly,
A lot of the tech, equipment, and software are new for the lagoon show, so it's not as easy as "just throw the Ghoulish show on". Otherwise, I do agree with you, and it's certainly better than nothing. I think we get an amazing one next year though

Why? Just curious, really. I haven't had any age related issues, crying brats, etc on my trips
It's an issue for others. If you haven't experienced any, Ur lucky. Mostly it's the unruly teens causing problems. Cutting in line. Causing fights, breaking sets, Causing issues for the scareactors, etc.

Reactions: SeventyOne
(Technically $325 for APs.)

And yeah, I agree. Taylor's OI meet-ups run around $250, IIRC, and this has HHN houses and the "first" badge. But yeah, it comes down to if they are serious about limiting capacity. Still willing to bet my "Express upgrade" money on this because it sounds like my dream.

Is anyone shelling out $325 for a kid or even their teen to go? I think I know the crowd who's going. I think I follow half of them on Twitter. But I agree in theory.
Between the park ticket and express pass, I pay over $200 for each of my 3 kids. If they're old enough to enjoy it, I don't see why you wouldn't unless it's out of your price range. Not every parent treats their children like a burden

Why? Just curious, really. I haven't had any age related issues, crying brats, etc on my trips

There's always an argument about whether drunks or teens are the biggest troublemakers at the event - and in my experience, it's been mostly teens. I don't expect a age cap on the regular event; so if I'm paying $350 for a limited event, I don't want any non-sense from that demo. :lol: