Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 234 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm a Weeknd ORL truther for life, lol. Y'all last year had the same attitude about ST4 and that ended up happening so....
The Weeknd Party GIF
stranger things was widely rumored in April last year.

Eh... the rumors didn't really start till May from what I remember
I dunno what y'all were talking about, but it was widely speculated that stranger things was the "mystery IP" early on. of course, we didn't know it was coming (or at least, I certainly didn't!) but it was a plausible guess.

you can't say the same thing about the weeknd in orlando. it's also about to be June.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
I dunno what y'all were talking about, but it was widely speculated that stranger things was the "mystery IP" early on. of course, we didn't know it was coming (or at least, I certainly didn't!) but it was a plausible guess.

you can't say the same thing about the weeknd in orlando. it's also about to be June.
Till all the IPs are annouced I'll keep the faith lol.

While I liked Ghoulish! I hope not. It had a very “traditional” vibe to it and fit perfectly into the vibe of 31. The vibe this year doesn’t seem like it would.

my reasoning is that, its the only show without ips or the icons, not tied to a year, (its very generic) can be reused
-most people didnt get to see it, it would still feel new, it would mean that everyone gets to experience it now...
wont cost anything much
and i rather have something than nothing, we badly need a second show, the lagoon shows are such an amazing experience,
it might not fit perfectly.........but i need a lagoon show badly,

I’m not sure what you’re talking about at ALL. When 31 ended, ST4 was widely speculated and then heavily rumored shortly into 2023.
Ehhh not really. There were definitely chunks of 32's spec cycle where ST4 was seriously in question. We really only had the Metallica license to go off of for a long time.

Reactions: SeventyOne
my reasoning is that, its the only show without ips or the icons, not tied to a year, (its very generic) can be reused
-most people didnt get to see it, it would still feel new, it would mean that everyone gets to experience it now...
wont cost anything much
and i rather have something than nothing, we badly need a second show, the lagoon shows are such an amazing experience,
it might not fit perfectly.........but i need a lagoon show badly,
It does have athe best icon :lmao:, The Pumpkin Lord!:lmao: And it does play Weeknd music, so It does have one IP. It’s not till the end I believe, so it could be cut out if had to be.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet
It does have athe best icon :lmao:, The Pumpkin Lord!:lmao: And it does play Weeknd music, so It does have one IP. It’s not till the end I believe, so it could be cut out if had to be.
ah....! i forgot lol, i gotta rewatch it, i know its not likely, 90% not possible, but it Is doable, cheap and easy (its already made)
budget wise and technical wise it feels super easy to do

I have removed all the drama. Carry on your normal spec.
Not normal spec, because I have an absolutely wild theory regarding the Icon to bring to you all.

As we all know, the summer Tribute Store is seemingly hinting that this year's HHN store will be a return to the house that acted as the HHN 30 tribute store. If you recall, there were lore tidbits all throughout the house from a released Shadybrook inmate returning to the home and worshipping the Icons, talking of releasing a beast and letting horror commence, something even greater beyond our comprehension:
"The community is becoming one with me and I am becoming one with them. We worship the same feelings of psychological penetration from untamed forces. I know that they all feel it too. It's coming and it's bigger than ever. The event of the century. I know they will show up in scores of groups! From all around town. The question is...when we all hunt as one how much will we feed?"
"I know what scares me and I know what scares them. The horror will commence tonight."
"This time the monster will have his mate and feed. The leather will be ripped from the flesh. The house on the hill will be haunted. And all icons will emerge as one. No more resisting. No more fighting. No more sorrows. It's time to Unleash the Beast!"

Notice though this is never explicitly stated to be Adaru, in fact, the word fear is never brought up once through any of the page transcriptions. However, there's all the talk of a 'psychological penetration from untamed forces', which to me at least, sounds like it could be referring to a presence beyond that of a god, something we've never seen before. Sound familiar to some rumors we've heard regarding the Icon?

Now bear with me here, this is where I really bring out the conspiracy board meme we all know and love. As we saw in last year's Tribute Store, there was the False Idols section, the comic telling tale of a case that Jake Shuster had picked up on that cost him his life, and Boris then continued, leading him to a secret Cthulu-looking artifact, and a man claiming it to be his, calling it an 'idol', before going on to say:
"Try all you want! You can't stop it! It's too late! HE WILL REIGN AGAIN!"

And of course, this has been pointed out many times already, though I can't help but notice the similarities between the Cthulu-figure and Otis from the trailer:
1717041501408.png1717041641191.png

Notice even how there's four large lights with Otis, perhaps just like the four tentacles for the Cthulu figure? I know that's a big reach though.

What am I trying to get at I hear you asking? Well, while of course I highly, HIGHLY doubt this was all pre-planned (and of course this could be all completely wrong and I've just been driven crazy by the lore)...

I propose that the villain from False Idols is the same patient from Shadybrook, the owner of the HHN 30 Tribute Store house. And now that he's back home, he can finally complete his plan, and unleash Horror onto the world. After all, this year is Where Horror Lives, isn't it?

If you've read this far, thank you for listening to what is more than likely just the most absurd and crazy rambling of a lunatic, and I hope you like this theory! Whether it turns out to be right or wrong, I had fun piecing this together. :)

Now bear with me here, this is where I really bring out the conspiracy board meme we all know and love. As we saw in last year's Tribute Store, there was the False Idols section, the comic telling tale of a case that Jake Shuster had picked up on that cost him his life, and Boris then continued, leading him to a secret Cthulu-looking artifact, and a man claiming it to be his, calling it an 'idol', before going on to say:
If I'm not mistaken, isn't that idol still sitting in Boris Shuster's office window in New York to this day?

If I'm not mistaken, isn't that idol still sitting in Boris Shuster's office window in New York to this day?
It is indeed. I didn't include this in the original comment because it was already getting so big, but here's some extra theory-craft:

Just last week, a dismembered hand has appeared in Boris' window, labeled 'Cerebin' and dated 1943. Of course, Cerebin is one of the Legions, but that 1943 date doesn't make sense? Boris' first encounter with the Legions was in 1948, as established in Case Files, so that hand and date don't make sense... Unless, maybe Jake discovered the Legions first, which eventually led to him starting the case regarding the False Idol? It's like poetry, it rhymes: Through the Legions, Jake discovered the Idol. Through the Idol, Boris discovered the Legions.

And with Boris disappearing in the 1960's after establishing Legendary Truth (seriously, in the lore, establishing LT is currently the very last thing Boris canonically does for now), that Idol was left unprotected, sitting in his office. And with a certain crook now free from Shadybrook, and nobody guarding the Idol...

(And before anyone says the man would probably be dead by today, counterpoint: Eddie was born in 1900, and is still a mid-to-late 20's super strong rockstar in 2021. Aging just doesn't exist in HHN I think *shrug*)

Idk maybe I’m in the minority here, and I’m sure the originals will be great, but I’m a little underwhelmed by the rumored IP lineup this year. Usually there’s at least one that jumps out and gets me excited. This year just seems kind of bleh. Again it’s just my opinion, but I’m not the biggest Ghostbusters fan to begin with, AQP was a good movie so I am interested to see how they translate it into a house. Never been a big Insidious fan, in fact I thought it was more funny than scary, and Monsters is always fun. I guess I’ll just hope I’m wrong and it turns out to be an amazing year that exceeds my expectations.

Reactions: HHNObsession
Idk maybe I’m in the minority here, and I’m sure the originals will be great, but I’m a little underwhelmed by the rumored IP lineup this year. Usually there’s at least one that jumps out and gets me excited. This year just seems kind of bleh. Again it’s just my opinion, but I’m not the biggest Ghostbusters fan to begin with, AQP was a good movie so I am interested to see how they translate it into a house. Never been a big Insidious fan, in fact I thought it was more funny than scary, and Monsters is always fun. I guess I’ll just hope I’m wrong and it turns out to be an amazing year that exceeds my expectations.

i stayed away from speculation until now, i didnt know anything, and the ips feel a little underwhelming, not bad but very meh. nothing to be wild about
i didnt really enjoy the new ghostbusters, doesnt feel like it had that much ghost stuff for a full house, the evil ghost was kind of lame. source wise i dont remember there being that much ghost stuff. the movie has long periods where nothing happens.
ghostbusters was kind of boring
-ive never cared about Insidious, feels average. the house in 2015 felt average.
-a quiet place wasa great movie , but again, like ghostbusters, how much can they realistically do? but im hoping that a quiet place is an amazing house, i hope so.
all 3 ips are ok, but who knows, might turned out amazing. but they arent that exciting

Last edited:
Reactions: mrmagoo22
i stayed away from speculation until now, i didnt know anything, and the ips feel a little underwhelming, not bad but very meh. nothing to be wild about
i didnt really enjoy the new ghostbusters, doesnt feel like it had that much ghost stuff for a full house, the evil ghost was kind of lame. source wise i dont remember there being that much ghost stuff. the movie has long periods where nothing happens.
ghostbusters was kind of boring
-ive never cared about Insidious, feels average. the house in 2015 felt average.
-a quiet place wasa great movie , but again, like ghostbusters, how much can they realistically do? but im hoping that a quiet place is an amazing house, i hope so.
all 3 ips are ok, but who knows, might turned out amazing. but they arent that exciting
I agree, not overly excited for the IP’s this year.

I’m quite lucky, the two years I have been to the Orlando event (from the UK) have been for 2016 and 2019, both of which had awesome lineups.

The originals this year are very strong and very excited for them, and IP’s don’t make or break the event, but still within my right to feel not too excited for them! Looking forward to AQP the most though, I wonder if they’ll try to include any scenes where the idea is to keep quiet, but a trigger forces you to make a sound. Could be sand on the floors, stepping on crisp packets, kids toys making noise.

Reactions: mrmagoo22