Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 233 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What IP do y'all think will be annouced first? I'm leaning towards AQP but I'm torn between that and Ghostbusters.

John Krasinski GIF by A Quiet Place Part II
I'm thinking Ghostbusters first week of June

I'm thinking Ghostbusters first week of June
I honestly think considering Ghostbusters will probably be the biggest IP we get this year at HHN that they may wait till July to confirm it imo. AQP is still very popular but it isn't the headliner IP so I feel like that would make more sense to annouce first, plus you could promote the new movie with it's announcement (potentially next week) and remind people to get tickets for AQP: Day One

Reactions: SeventyOne
Some announcement predictions:
  • June 5th - Ghostbusters, as the 40th anniversary of the original film lands on the 8th.

• June 27th - A Quiet Place, as Day One releases on June 28th. My reasoning for them announcing the day before is that in 2022, The Horrors of Blumhouse was announced just the day before The Black Phone released. Maximum synergy!

• July 26th - FULL DUMP: Icon + Insidious + Monsters + Zones + Show(s?) + Death Eaters

• August 30th - They lied, everything is The Weeknd. Alicia Stella won.

I do not think IPs make or break events - I think they tend to produce less memorable houses, and as I’ve said I think GB, QP, and Insidious is a fine lineup. Now, Frozen Empire, QP, and Red Door… that starts to look a bit threadbare.

Still not a major issue. Just seems like the folks in charge of licensing might need a kick in the pants.

Reactions: Stonecoldfreak1
i dont know what is happening with the lagoon, but why isnt it being used for hhn?
I was being used since 2019 but with Hurricane Ian the lagoon was damaged and hasn’t be used since. It is just now opening again for day guest. No work if it will be used for HHN and I doubt it would be.

I’m interested in the Quiet Place house, but it has some issues. The main one that bothers me is that the monsters just aren’t particularly visually interesting - they have the “spindly body, lotsa teeth” design that’s very common in horror at the moment.

Having a quiet place feels like descendants of destruction-the last of us the third lol. I feel like we have had that type of house back to back and I’m so curious to see how they are going to pull it off.

the only thing that would really bother me is if we only get 2 or 3 full creature puppets, look at dueling dragons. or resident evil (lickers) i could see a case where we mostly get the heads of the creatures in boo holes and then one or 2 full creatures visible for the entire house ( like when we saw pyramid head once in silent hill)

the only thing that would really bother me is if we only get 2 or 3 creature puppets, look at dueling dragons. or resident evil (licker) i could see a case where we mostly get the heads of the creatures on boo holes and then one or 2 full creatures visible for the entire house
AQP is going to live or die by atmosphere, just like the film. To work, it will need to achieve Pier-like levels of mood. The creatures aren’t particularly interesting AND have an unwieldy shape for puppets, so I’d be surprised to see more than a handful. You don’t see them much in the film anyway.

I was being used since 2019 but with Hurricane Ian the lagoon was damaged and hasn’t be used since. It is just now opening again for day guest. No work if it will be used for HHN and I doubt it would be.
ah,
the only opinion i had about the lagoon show was that i would gladly welcome back the exact same show from 2022, "Ghoulish! A Halloween Tale"... remove any references from 2022 (text or anything) , and just show it again. most guests didnt even get to experience it...
i would gladly accept that show returning

Reactions: Mashmingingmasher77
ah,
the only opinion i had about the lagoon show was that i would gladly welcome back the exact same show from 2022, "Ghoulish! A Halloween Tale"... remove any references from 2022 (text or anything) , and just show it again. most guests didnt even get to experience it...
i would gladly accept that show returning
While I liked Ghoulish! I hope not. It had a very “traditional” vibe to it and fit perfectly into the vibe of 31. The vibe this year doesn’t seem like it would.