Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 304 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Thankful for any announcement, as prior discussions over the last 10 pages or so were all over the place lol. Thankful for the admins and moderators, not the easiest of times. Thanks for all you do to try and control the "CHAOS"

Excited to see what the entertainment and scare zones will be, but what a year of surprises from universal with these announcements. Could this be the new norm or do we think they'll go back to a pattern?

I was thinking more New York personally, but maybe.
Honestly wouldn't be shocked if this goes in Hollywood and that blumhouse scarezone rumor was bs. This sounds like a Hollywood scarezone imo
I almost feel like it has potential to give similar vibes to 2019's viking scarezone, so I could also see it working well in Central Park maybe

My guess: RoF remains the cheapest option to record influencer content and dole it out thru October (without actually going anymore)--can't film in houses anyway, so Express no benefit. Despite the pages long debate here, anyone who buys Express on some level "cares" about the event, want to see it through Halloween. Two different crowds. Universal basically banking that people complain about long lines, not crowded streets.

Also may help that, in a traditional sense, the public doesn't celebrate Halloween until it actually hits October. Could be leaving Sept for the "die-hards/HHN fans" and October for the "regular tourists".

Personally, if the house is going to have a "versus" element, I don't love the idea of Bride and Van Helsing versus evil monsters, because it makes the outcome of the house feel more preordained. What was fun about Legends Collide is that you didn't know on a given day if Wolf Man will win (hero ending), Dracula will win (villain ending), or Mummy will punish them both for trespassing (neutral ending?). If, like the prior Bride maze, the Bride is the undisputed heroine, the house - whether otherwise amazing or not - will lack that sense of unpredictability. [To be honest, the "heroic" version of the Bride character is also a pretty far cry from the character in the 1935 movie, but I appreciate that's more of a geeky complaint.]

Still, the house may be amazing!

Last edited:
This is an interesting idea.

I still bet we see a Victoria Frankenstein cameo at some point.

Wonder if the angle is more akin to Dracula's Brides getting revenge for the events of Bride of Frankenstein Lives. I'm still hoping that all of these Universal Monsters haunts are canon and this is the culmination of story beats from across the years, it would be great to see Dracula swoop in towards the end and command an army of his brides + daughter vs. Bride of Frankenstein + allies (Wolfman and Mummy are clearly against Drac now, right?)

I know it's probably wishful thinking, but I think Bride was undoubtedly the strongest of the 4 and I want to see that story continue lol