Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 350 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Did I read somewhere in this thread that Simpsons will not be a holding area this year? Checked back and can't find it...hoping I imagined it :worried:
I was told yesterday by Guest Relations the 3 S&S locations are Lombard's, Minions Cafe and Today Cafe. There was no mention of NY or Central Park/Springfield. I'm not sure how this will work out considering how crazy S&S has gotten over the years.

I was told yesterday by Guest Relations the 3 S&S locations are Lombard's, Minions Cafe and Today Cafe. There was no mention of NY or Central Park/Springfield. I'm not sure how this will work out considering how crazy S&S has gotten over the years.
Whaaat, no NY either? That's wild... interesting to see how this plays out (although I'm still going to go ahead and hope this isn't true :lmao:)

One thing I’ve definitely picked up on is that no matter how much we all as the “diehards” of HHN love to play the “I go for the original houses/the original houses are always better” game, the IP houses for the year absolutely do matter for the event’s overall hype and perception. No matter how much we all may try and deny it.
I disagree. Yes those “diehards” exists but I am definitely not one of them. Even last year with me being a big The Last of Us fan, I still didn’t care. Yes I was interested to see how they did it, but I knew just like the vast majority of IP houses, it would just be a book report. And honestly that never excites me. I have been excited for this year cause the originals are always what excites me every year. Hell Triplets of Terror and Slaughter Sinema 2 had me far more giddy than any IP house ever has. I know it’s hard to believe we exist but we do. We don’t speak as loudly as the IP lovers.

If it was up to me there would be no IPs at the event.

As someone else mentioned (sorry blanking for a sec) I think other factors such as negativity towards the IP lineup are creating a negative atmosphere for everyone. I know my in park experience is always a blast (ignoring crowd levels) so I know I will have a great time. This is why I’m glad I haven’t had time in my life to be on this forum for the majority of the spec season.

Last edited:
Makes sort of sense? They always keep the queue up for the Music Plaza stage. So just use that queue space for S&S ticket scanning/entry while your setting up the event (allowing teams to move stuff in/out for the NY zone without so many people blocking the space). And then just have a crossover to Minion Cafe and the area where the NY booths are. Only condition is they need to put a lot of umbrellas in the area if they intend on doing this since that turf is hot.

There seems to be a lot of left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing with the event this year (Blumhouse zone being set up before an announcement, as an example). So I honestly wouldn't be surprised by anything when it comes to Stay and Scream locations this year. Who knows if anyone knows at this point?
Per usual each year at Universal, nothing new.

I get the complaints over the disjointed marketing efforts relative to the aughts where the event website and backstory felt like a true labor of love for A&D, but what does everyone notice about the last couple of years that was particularly more corporate than 2013-2019?

Maybe the answer is nothing and the point is the event feels like less of a passion project than it did over a decade ago (I started going in 2013 so I wouldn’t know). I’m just curious if there’s anything that’s happened under my nose since HHN23 thet I’m not noticing that has cheapened the experience for folks?

I get the complaints over the disjointed marketing efforts relative to the aughts where the event website and backstory felt like a true labor of love for A&D, but what does everyone notice about the last couple of years that was particularly more corporate than 2013-2019?

Maybe the answer is nothing and the point is the event feels like less of a passion project than it did over a decade ago (I started going in 2013 so I wouldn’t know). I’m just curious if there’s anything that’s happened under my nose since HHN23 thet I’m not noticing that has cheapened the experience for folks?

I’d also throw out what does one mean “more corporate”? Sponsorships?

In my eyes, more "corporate" means a few things in the context of HHN.

- Limiting what scareactors can do or say. For example, having the scareactors/performers just lipsync to a recorded line on repeat.

- Forced synergy with other Comcast/NBC properties done in either a half-assed manner or completely out of place at a Halloween event

- Catering too much to either younger or non-horror fans by either neutering the scariness of the event or making it somewhat teen friendly . I can't fault them for this though to expand their revenue and attendance as well as attracting different IPs to work in creatively.

These are just some examples that I can think of off the top of my head. Again, I'm not saying HHN sucks now or that it was better 10+ years ago. This is just what I've noticed is all. Still one of my favorite events of the year.

Last edited: