Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 352 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The bar is a fine idea. They really need to bring back Scareactor Dining, though.

When is “hell week” this year? Hasn’t it sort of diminished in significance during recent events?

What's so different between having a sponsored bar and having an IP house?
Yeah, both are “sponsored” in a sense, but it’s a matter of quality and fit.

If there was a popular IP that didn’t fit in HHN, it would be the same reaction to the Fanta bar. Like a “Happy Gilmore” house or “Bridget Jones’ Scaretacular!!” or “Love, Actually Horribly”. Yes those are popular IPs but don’t fit the event.

Themed bars are fine, but they should be themed to the event. The Fanta bar doesn’t seem to be themed to the event, despite l33t skullz on the wall.

If there was a popular IP that didn’t fit in HHN, it would be the same reaction to the Fanta bar. Like a “Happy Gilmore” house or “Bridget Jones’ Scaretacular!!” or “Love, Actually Horribly”. Yes those are popular IPs but don’t fit the event.
Well not with that attitude!

And those "parody" IP titles WOULD actually work with the right execution. Of course the last 2 might be "too scary".

Also it'd be "Un-happy Gilmore"

2007 really was one for the books
one thing I loved the most that I miss from more recent years was that they were using the soundtrack for Freddy vs Jason around the park and by the entrance gates, and to this day those songs are still in my memory of the event. it sounds like a tiny element of the event, but that soundtrack really stuck with me
I think that in 2009 they used songs from Inception, and 2011 had songs from Frailty. ( if I remember correctly) that's an amazing movie. it has an amazing score.

I kind of miss stuff like that. I kind of wish they used the soundtracks from the IP they are using

it would be nice if the music around the gates or the park was music from insidious, a quiet place or Ghostbusters for example. like when they used the walking dead soundtrack around the entire park . it's been a while since they use the music from the IP at the entrance or around the park,

( last year I wish they had used the theme song for child's play around the park, child's play has a really nice end credits theme. it might sound like a tiny element, but those 2007- 2009 songs are still in my memory after 15+ years. I think that they also used the SAW theme around the park)
its huge nostalgia. hugely affects my memories. the current non IP music they've used around doesn't connect as much as hearing movie music. you connect the music to watching the movies and being at the event. huge nostalgia

one thing I loved the most that I miss from more recent years was that they were using the soundtrack for Freddy vs Jason around the park and by the entrance gates, and to this day those songs are still in my memory of the event. it sounds like a tiny element of the event, but that soundtrack really stuck with me
I think that in 2009 they used songs from Inception, and 2011 had songs from Frailty. ( if I remember correctly) that's an amazing movie. it has an amazing score.

I kind of miss stuff like that. I kind of wish they used the soundtracks from the IP they are using

it would be nice if the music around the gates or the park was music from insidious, a quiet place or Ghostbusters for example. like when they used the walking dead soundtrack around the entire park . it's been a while since they use the music from the IP at the entrance or around the park,

( last year I wish they had used the theme song for child's play around the park, child's play has a really nice end credits theme. it might sound like a tiny element, but those 2007- 2009 songs are still in my memory after 15+ years. I think that they also used the SAW theme around the park)
its huge nostalgia. hugely affects my memories. the current non IP music they've used around doesn't connect as much as hearing movie music. you connect the music to watching the movies and being at the event. huge nostalgia

I too miss the instrumental film and television scores for the parkwide/atmosphere stuff. I think Frailty was in 2010! I remember 2012 used some tracks from Angels and Demons. I can't quite remember what the specific track was or its origin, but there was a terrific spooky synth used heavily around the park in 2009. That one's still drilled in me.

I do think the track list last year was a major step up from the screamo/punk/rock bands we'd been getting for a while.

I too miss the instrumental film and television scores for the parkwide/atmosphere stuff. I think Frailty was in 2010! I remember 2012 used some tracks from Angels and Demons. I can't quite remember what the specific track was or its origin, but there was a terrific spooky synth used heavily around the park in 2009. That one's still drilled in me.

I do think the track list last year was a major step up from the screamo/punk/rock bands we'd been getting for a while.

Last year's music loop was really nice, had some great bangers (with one song which amusingly felt right at home with classic Hulk in IoA.) and more importantly it felt long so it didn't seem like I heard a bunch of repeats over and over.

The latter is pretty crucial, since while I was fine with the music in 2022, that loop was less than an hour which led to Sticks & Stones ad nauseum.

I’m hoping for some great parked music this year. Inside the machine from HHN 30 is on of my favorites. Trick or Treat and Deadly Dreadful from last year was also good.

Last year's music loop was really nice, had some great bangers (with one song which amusingly felt right at home with classic Hulk in IoA.) and more importantly it felt long so it didn't seem like I heard a bunch of repeats over and over.

The latter is pretty crucial, since while I was fine with the music in 2022, that loop was less than an hour which led to Sticks & Stones ad nauseum.
I only attended the final week last year, so I don’t know if stuff changed, but when I was there, the park loop was really quiet. I tried listening to HNN’s Spotify playlist of last years music and I couldn’t find a single song I recognized. I figured it was so quiet because of all the complaining from 31’s rockabilly soundtrack, which I didn’t mind.

Back in my day, it was all about Midnight Syndicate (and Nox Arcana)

its like, I understand trends change and the event evolves.
I understand that tastes change and people want different things, and universal wants to try different things,
but if they are using the movie properties for houses, and merchandise and promotional material already, ( as well as the lagoon show)

it would also be really cool if they used the movie soundtracks in the park to really surround you with that IP. uni can do the metal and synth stuff they have done for the past few years ( and turning hhn into a party)
but it could have been cool if you enter the park and you heard the music of the last of us or quiet place or Ghostbusters or all the others as soon as you enter the park.

when you visit universal during the day, that's kind of how it always goes. the music is not just inside each ride, but around the entire park

I feel like that's a big part that is missing recently. yeah the techno and metal are cool, but it would have been more immersive and surrounding to have movie songs at least at the entrance and around the non scarezone areas.
( look at potter with the death eaters)
the scarezones could always have their unique music, but universal has been missing that other aspect of using the IPs.
(specially the entrance of the park, that's the part I miss the most)