Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Actually it was a part of Silver Screams this past year which was the Ushers' house.

Yeah true but I thought it was a very poor representation of a great house. The live actors, stunts, and puppets really IMO put this house over the top and made it completely original and scary.

Yeah true but I thought it was a very poor representation of a great house. The live actors, stunts, and puppets really IMO put this house over the top and made it completely original and scary.

True, The Thing house is in my top 5 of all time, I loved it, its a shame that the crappy Chucky house was in the same location. But I think they mainly used The Thing because they spent so much money on the props, they felt that they had to re-use some of them. The Shaun of the Dead room in that house was pretty funny as well, lmao.

Ahh very cool, would you share any of the other houses you have been in please. Also what was your role in the Thing?

My role was as one of the scientists wrapped in tentacles in the second room (the one that held the bodies of MacReady and Childs). In fact, I was in one of the promotional videos on the HHN17 website: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQYD1nF3xcQ. That's me at 0:12!

Trivia note: Though you never heard them in the house, all of the scientists and soldiers had names based on the people responsible for the movie The Thing. I was Doctor Bottin, named after Rob Bottin, who was responsible for the creature SFX. Other names included Carpenter (the director), Russell (MacReady), Lancaster (the screenwriter), Brimley (the character Blair), and so on. There was even a Campbell, based on Joseph Campbell Jr., who wrote the short story "Who Goes There?" that The Thing (and The Thing From Another World) are adapted from.

My scareactor credits:

2007 - The Thing Assimilation as Doctor Bottin (Cast A)

2008 - Active back-up (fills in roles with missing actors on infrequent nights)
* Creatures! as the alien behind the fence and a redneck in the walk-in freezer
* Interstellar Terror as a possessed astronaut brandishing a machete
* Dead Exposure as a zombie in the sewer pipe and one of the zombies in the hallway
* Doomsday as a diseased person in the abandoned nursery
* The Skoolhouse as a creepy trick or treater
* Streets of Blood as one of the hulking assistants of the Body Collectors
* One of Bloody Mary's mirror face creatures in the front lot of the park

2009 - Firecrew (fills in roles with missing actors every night of the event)
* Silver Screams as The Thing creature (felt like homecoming)
* Saw as a shill (an unsuspecting guest in line that would suddenly be grabbed by a scareactor)
* Chucky: Friends til the End as the red monkey in a barrel
* Dracula: Legacy in Blood as Dracula's crazed, small animal eating assistant Renfield
* Frankenstein: Creation of the Damned as Dr. Frankenstein's assistant Fritz who pulls the switch to shock the Bride
* The Spawning as a Sculder in various parts of the house
* Leave it to Clever as the happy receptionist waving at you
* Lights, Camera, Hacktion! as an injured crew member carrying a light bounce board
* Horrorwood Die-In as a zombie from Night of the Living Dead
* Containment as a person infected with the gas, a person in mid-transformation into a zombie, and a fully melted zombie
* War of the Living Dead as the German soldier zombie firing a machine gun from the truck

--- Update ---

But I think they mainly used The Thing because they spent so much money on the props, they felt that they had to re-use some of them.

I can confirm that none of the Thing house creatures were reused in Silver Screams. The creature statue and the scareactor costume in that room were new.

Reactions: Andy
Thats awesome thank you for sharing that, do you plan on doing it again this year?

Also today at the parks, they have begun to constructing the exterior queue for disaster because they are going to begin putting up fences in the normal queue any day. Also nothing going on in the Jaws queue or the tents from what I could see.

That really cool what you were saying your role in Saw was. I had no idea they had decoy guests, thats awesome haha.

From Dr.Jimmy over at Horror Night Nightmares:
Tomorrow is June 1st, and if we are on the same schedule as last year, we should see the HHN 19: Ripped from the Silver Screen website go down and be replaced with the Archival Site.

This normally doesn't tell us much about the upcoming event, BUT this year is supposedly a retrospective year, so it may actually contain lots of stuff we will see at HHN XX after all!
Hopefully everything goes as normal and we finally get an update. If we get any type of detail on HHN XX from the archive site, I'll be ecstatic.

I am really getting excited, as it will be my first ever year going to hhn, so I am really looking forward to it.

From Dr.Jimmy over at Horror Night Nightmares:

Hopefully everything goes as normal and we finally get an update. If we get any type of detail on HHN XX from the archive site, I'll be ecstatic.

24cvz8k.jpg

Oh man I can't wait for HHN, really excited to see where they go with it this year.

I won't be able to see this year's HHN which sucks, I'll be moving to California before October.

There's the Hollywood HHN, but it's not exactly Orlando. :|