Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Still no site update but the permits are out. No code names this year. From HHNRumors.com:

permits.png

Well this pretty much confirms it's only in USF, and they are down a house from last year. Looks like that 10 house rumor was crap.

Yeah I was pretty sure the 10 house rumor would end up being wishful thinking. Although, based on last year's crowds/wait-times, it would have been justified.

I hope they at least bring back the magic show (or something else to replace it) to help at least a little with crowd disbursement.

That's what I'm hoping/figuring. There's no way they can downsize the event.

Right?

I don't see them getting rid of a house for their 20th Anniversary. I'd definitely be disappointed if we went a house short this year. Unless, of course, one of the Soundstages became MEGA HOUSE!!! :lol:

I'm just shocked that the permits are the only thing has been announced/released so far.

Last edited:
Just remembered, TJ confirmed 8 houses for this year's event at Haunt Con. No MEGAHOUSE this year I guess.

So..... without even having code names for the permits this year, that means pretty much everything is speculation until they decide to release official info (assuming no one from the inside leaks -- and then even if they did, it would have to be chalked up to "rumor")..... So we really may not know anything concerning the themes of mazes until the site is past the "teaser" stage and is officially updated, which they didn't do last year until......... when? September-ish? Ugh, it's gonna be a loooong summer.

Speaking of the site --- I really hope they don't do the same spoon-fed roll-out of info the way they did last year on the site. That got really annoying (imo), constantly checking for updates, and by the time they released the last bit of official info I was pretty much over it, and it was time for the event to start. Especially for first-timers. I know I would want to know the details of the entire event before booking a trip.

So..... without even having code names for the permits this year, that means pretty much everything is speculation until they decide to release official info (assuming no one from the inside leaks -- and then even if they did, it would have to be chalked up to "rumor")..... So we really may not know anything concerning the themes of mazes until the site is past the "teaser" stage and is officially updated, which they didn't do last year until......... when? September-ish? Ugh, it's gonna be a loooong summer.

Speaking of the site --- I really hope they don't do the same spoon-fed roll-out of info the way they did last year on the site. That got really annoying (imo), constantly checking for updates, and by the time they released the last bit of official info I was pretty much over it, and it was time for the event to start. Especially for first-timers. I know I would want to know the details of the entire event before booking a trip.

The archive site usual has small hints towards the next year's event.

Would anyone be interested if I went back to last year's thread and made a specific timeline of when everything occurred last year? I'm sort of curious myself.

The archive site usual has small hints towards the next year's event.

Would anyone be interested if I went back to last year's thread and made a specific timeline of when everything occurred last year? I'm sort of curious myself.

Most def, I would be curious to see as well.........

The list is getting long so I'll post it in 2 seperate posts. Here's where I'm currently at:

Around 3/14 - Universal park hours for September revealed on Universal's website.
3/14 - Producer of SAW reveals it's involvement in HHN 19 in an interview for SAW: The Ride.
Throughout March - Roddy hints at Jigsaw, Chucky, Frankenstein, Dracula, Creature from the Black Lagoon and Halloween on his facebook page. All but Creatures and Halloween became true.
3/27 - Universal park hours for October revealed on Universal's website.
5/2 - Universal Rep comes to a Hot Topic store to renew their contract. She states that Saw, Wolfman and Chucky will be part of the event.
5/7 - Universal sends text to those who signed up last year asking them to renew the text service. The text states that updates will begin soon.
6/9 - 6/11: House location and code names revealed
6/21 - HHN site releases/confirms event dates
6/23 - Minor construction spotted behind Simpsons. Mostly showing Rocky arch.
6/25 - First site update
6/25 - Universal announces "Ripped from the Silver Screen" and reveals Saw, Wolfman, Chucky, Dracula and Frankenstein houses.
6/27 - Ralphoutloud and Drew begin hinting at Usher icon, confuses many.
6/30 - Usher riddle solved.
7/8 - Site update: Media site added
7/8 - Promotional artwork released by Screamscape
7/10 - Visible construction work in Disaster queue for Leave it to Cleaver facade.
7/10 - Construction on Chucky's entrance begins.
7/12 - First video of someone sneaking into construction work posted.
7/14 - Movie theater chairs visible behind Simpsons and visible work in Jaws queue.
7/16 - Site update: Change look and added Universal Palace Theater
7/19 - 2nd video of someone sneaking into construction work posted.
7/20 - Screamscape confirms RHPS' return and posts rumor of Shaun of the Dead.
7/22 - Site update: More information on 2 things.
7/30 - Site update: Added Chucky file

Here's the rest:

8/1 - Photos of Leave it to Cleaver's facade posted.
8/6 - Screamscape reports that the Parade building will be the UPT house and will possibly use the name "Silver Screams". Also reports that the Disaster queue house will be a butcher shop house named "Fangoria Presents: Leave it to Cleaver". Lastly reports that Tent 2 will be "Fangoria Presents: The Spawning".
8/7 - Disaster Queue house's facade looking close to finished and Chucky entrance is continuing to be worked on, still just wooden pieces.
8/7 - Universal texts "Text HHN09 to 64646 to recieve HHN updates."
8/7 - Screamscape reports that The Spawning is to be set in a sewer. Reports Silver Scream will be a trip down horror films greatest hits and that Phantom of the Opera will be involved. Also reports of scarezones. Cirque du Freak theme near KidsZone, Army of Darkness in New York. Usher character has been casted which all but confirms the icon. Lastly, "As for the website, no new updates, but it seems the three haunt theme clues given so far hint at Chucky (Insane) , The Spawning (Missing) and Leave It To Cleaver (Severed).
8/13 - Wait time board is up in front of Jaws
8/14 - Website update: "Trapped" file. Determined to be Saw.
8/14 - Text from Universal "Step inside living cinematic terror at Halloween Horror Nights. Visit www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando for details"
8/18 - Fear Factor Live is closed for Bill and Ted.
8/21 - Text from Universal: "Visit the Universal Palace Theater late Sunday evening."
8/24 - Site Update: Frankenstein file
8/25 - Site Update: "Bloodless" file. Determined to be Dracula
8/25 - HHN Facebook page posts titleless photo. Determined to be Shaun of the Dead.
8/26 - Site Update: "Savage" file. Determined to be Wolfman.
8/26 - Billboard spotted at Clear Channel. Not yet put up.
8/26 - Site Update: "Strangled" file. Determined to be Usher.
8/27 - Roddy posts image of the Usher in front of Silver Scream's Facade
8/27 - News article confirms all of the houses and scarezones providing titles and descriptions.
8/27 - Another Usher image released
8/31 - Photos taken of several of the facades.
9/1 - Containment and Apocalypse props begin to be set up in the park.
9/1 - HHN Facebook posts photos from SAW house.
9/2 - Billboards are up.
9/2 - Photos of SAW and Spawning facades posted on HHNVault.
9/3 - Cirque du Freak begins set up.
9/3 - Site Update: 3 House tickets become clickable
9/4 - Commercial begins airing
9/6 - Central Park begins set up.
9/8 - Bill & Ted "sneak" into Frankenstein house
9/9 - Lights, Camera, Hacktion begins set up. Other zones continue set up. RHPS facade goes up.
9/11 - Site update: More tickets become clickable, 2 scarezones and 1 house.
9/11 - Chucky goes up on the Chucky facade.
9/11 - Unmasking the Horror announced to return
9/14 - Dracula facade photo posted on HHN Facebook. HHN Map released.
9/14 - War of Living Dead begins set up.
9/15 - Site update: Several props become clickable
9/16 - Horrorwood Die In begins set up.
9/16 - Video of arch with lights and eerie music playing sent in to OU.
9/17 - Media packages arrive.
Early hours of 9/18 - Arch work begins
9/18 - Entrance work continues. Usher's booth and movie theater facade are up.
Early hours of 9/19 - Screen and posters goe up at arch.
9/21 - Screen begans showning a mini-teaser
9/21 - Two videos with footage of houses posted by ABC News.
9/22 - Site Update: History of UPT and Merchandise appears in the park.
9/22 - Employee Preview
9/25 - Event Begins

Seems like we are pretty far behind in the rumor mill section.

Reactions: Andy
These were taken from HorrorNights.be and were collected by Nick. for 2007 (if you are interested.)
* Thursday, May 17th: Archives site launched
* Wednesday, June 27th: Freddy, Jason, Leatherface. Icon posters homepage. (41 Days)
* Thursday, July 12th: Leatherface icon update - Leatherface poster clickable. (15 Days)
* Friday, July 13th: Jason icon update - Jason poster clickable. (1 Day)
* Tuesday, July 17th: Freddy icon update - Freddy poster clickable. (4 Days)
* Monday, July 23rd: JS trailer homepage, "Carnival of Carnage". Carnival build start. (6 Days)
* Tuesday, July 31st: Thing house update. (8 Days)
* Firday, August 3rd: Dead Silence house update. (3 Days)
* Wednesday, August 8th: Carnival build. (5 days)
* Tuesday, August 14th: Texas Chainsaw Massacre house update. (6 days)
* Wednesday, August 15th: Carnival build. (1 Day)
* Friday, August 17th: Vampyr house update. (2 Days)
* Thursday, August 23rd: Friday the 13th house update. (6 Days)
* Tuesday, August 28th: Psychoscarepy house update. (5 Days)
* Thursday, August 30th: Full website update. (2 Days)

They seem WAAAY behind this year. Considering the Archives site went live June 1 last year and May 17 in 2007 (missing 2008 for w/e reason) it could be any day now.

Oh, and code names were revealed on May 18th last year. :p

Last edited:
Last year was really late in terms of updates. They had the archives but the real 19 site seemed to come out slow. Anyway if rumors are true 20 will be an archive year so they may skip the archive step altogether and just wait for the real deal instead of having repitition.

I believe with all the HP stuff, and the fact that the houses were done last year almost 4 weeks ahead of rehearsals they may be backing off a bit on HHN.

Rehearsals should be pretty soon too no? They usually start end of June early July.

Anyone look up the audition site and see? (I don't have access here at work)

Anyone know whats up with the Vault? Before, the forums were down but the main site was still active. When I now visit the main site, it's completely black and playing a horrible song from I think Sound of Music....