Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I thought the Wolfman house was great. I got a few good scares out of it, and the scenery was top notch.

I was there on the last night and at about 12:30 when things were beginning to wind down, we were in one of the rooms and an actor asked me if I knew how to do the "Jerk" dance. I said.. "Nah, but rock it bro", and don't you know it 2 of the actors broke out into the dance. It was epic.

I thought the Wolfman house was great. I got a few good scares out of it, and the scenery was top notch.

I was there on the last night and at about 12:30 when things were beginning to wind down, we were in one of the rooms and an actor asked me if I knew how to do the "Jerk" dance. I said.. "Nah, but rock it bro", and don't you know it 2 of the actors broke out into the dance. It was epic.

Haha! That's awesome! I LOVED the scenery, but I got one "jump" not even one real scare... bad luck I guess. But the house was indeed very nicely themed!

Haha! That's awesome! I LOVED the scenery, but I got one "jump" not even one real scare... bad luck I guess. But the house was indeed very nicely themed!

It was one of the better themed houses ever at HHN I really thought I was outside at one point. I got a really good scare the very first night we went and it was right after the wagons in the forest. That wolf popped out and hit the sound effect and whew I got it!

Wolfman was a good house. I enjoyed it, but my top 2 were Dracula and Silver Screams. Dracula was by the longest house i got to do and i loved the theming in Silver screams.

As far as HP, it appeals to ALL age groups, true the first wave of readers are now in the teens and early adult age, but these movies and stories appeal across the board

That doesn't make much sense here because:

1. As said before, there's lots of scary stuff in HP.

2. About the eight year old going to HHN in IOA thing? Unless the parent was moronic, no one would send their children to an adult-teen event.

3. Marvel appeals to everyone, and that didn't stop Carnage from taking over Marvel Super Hero Island and corrupting it, now didn't it?

That doesn't make much sense here because:

1. As said before, there's lots of scary stuff in HP.

2. About the eight year old going to HHN in IOA thing? Unless the parent was moronic, no one would send their children to an adult-teen event.

3. Marvel appeals to everyone, and that didn't stop Carnage from taking over Marvel Super Hero Island and corrupting it, now didn't it?

1. HP is being licensed to Universal Orlando(I think).

2. An eight year old going to IOA isn't anything new. I have witnessed and heard of events about babies at Universal's Halloween Horror Nights.

3. Marvel appeals to everyone, and Maximum Carnage was an idea. Not attending an event, and other things that are linked to Universal Studios is different.

HHN is most likely not going to feature a Harry Potter house. This has been stated in a plethora of multiple threads.

Wolfman was one of the best houses I've experienced at HHN. Scares or not (I did this house at least a dozen times -- like many others, it was hit-or-miss based on the moment), the set decoration was SPECTACULAR.

Wolfman the movie, on the other hand........ one of the worst films in years.

As far as Harry Potter and HHN goes --- Halloween is a heavy theme element in Potter, so in my opinion I think it's a given that we will see a Potter Halloween event in the future (not this year). But definitely not as a part of HHN. Potter thematically uses traditional Halloween elements --- witches, black cats, pumpkins, cauldrons, etc. HHN, although they obviously use some of those classic elements, is more about the horror -- gore, blood, slashers, etc. There's actually a big difference between "horror" and classical Halloween as Potter incorporates.

Universal would be missing a huge opportunity if they didn't eventually create an after-hours Potter Halloween event, and I have to think it's probably been in their plans all along. But think Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party geared towards the young adult demographic, as opposed to HHN. Mickey's Not So Scary sells out consistently. Could you imagine the hit Disney would take if Universal brought Potter into that game?

My only concern is if ioa did a kids event...the height requirements would be pretty high for families. I think the highest height requirement for a ride in MK is either 40" or 42", where IoA is 54"(including the dragons, in HP) It would be geared towards teens if anything imho.

Well "A Harry Potter Christmas" would be geared towards families just like MNSSH. Just because there are rides in the area with a higher age/height requirement, won't stop people from showing up.

Is anyone thinking of planning a group trip to HHN this year? I was pretty new on here last year at the time of HHN but this year I'd love to go out and meet you guys!

I would love to have another OU HHN Meet-up and actually attend this time.

Also, HHNRumors.com has posted that the Legendary Truth website has just been renewed and is set to expire in 2012. Hopefully with all of the rumors flying around, it will return this year.

They will some how have WWOHP used at this years event if only to open that area. They have a back access to that area. I don't think you will see a Harry Potter House. After the Huge F up of not using HRRR during HHN not using Harry Potter would be just as stupid....

They will some how have WWOHP used at this years event if only to open that area. They have a back access to that area. I don't think you will see a Harry Potter House. After the Huge F up of not using HRRR during HHN not using Harry Potter would be just as stupid....

I don't know with Potter being such a huge draw for the entire resort (and not everyone will enjoy or want to go to HHN) it makes more business sense to me that they will just keep IOA open for a few more hours than the studios' park closing hours will be.

This way they win the HHN business and the business potter is still dragging in.

I don't know with Potter being such a huge draw for the entire resort (and not everyone will enjoy or want to go to HHN) it makes more business sense to me that they will just keep IOA open for a few more hours than the studios' park closing hours will be.

This way they win the HHN business and the business potter is still dragging in.

I think this will be more of the case then an after hours event in the near future. Good point Splatter.

That would be another good option :) Then I'd stay in IoA until the gates open for HHN when I'd go over... and then the days when I don't go to HHN, I still have IoA open for a lot longer, which is always good :)

IOA stays open 1 hour later then the Studio during HHN days. I do not look for them to leave the studio open any longer then that during October. Also they have to draw employees from Both Parks so they will not stay open any later, October is a SLOW season during the day and Harry Potter will not change that. And to leave a park open while you are running the biggest event of your year is not a good Business decision. The idea is to get people to do a stay and scream so you can maximum number of guest to your late night event.

Potter will be open all day and I think they will open the back gate for that area...But they can't run the Dragons but till a certain time because of zoning issues.