Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well thank God I did not experience those as I've heard they were bad.

But the ones I mentioned above were bad for me, as well as Cold Blind Terror and The Skool.

^ some of the worst houses I have ever been in include

Fear Factor
Dungeon of Terror Retold
Reflections of Fear
Cold Blind Terror

Also Jungle of Doom was bad but the only reason I don't put it on the worst list for me is because it was so cheap and crappy feeling I laughed most of the time. You walked on plywood through and around trees and bushes. You literally got sent through the woods in JP. Also disorietorium, I refuse to say anything bad about that house because those who worked it deserve a medal of honor. The hottest house in HHN history, I mean crazy hot. I know a lot of other houses had their downfalls by the way I just can't stand to be hot and stuffy indoors for extended periods of time.

I've only been the past 3 years so from my experiences the worst were..

-Reflections of Fear
-Vampyr Bloodbath
-Doomsday
-I thought Dead Silence was awful but I was in there during a cast change.. I think.

I've only been the past 3 years so from my experiences the worst were..

-Reflections of Fear
-Vampyr Bloodbath
-Doomsday
-I thought Dead Silence was awful but I was in there during a cast change.. I think.

Oh you had to have been in during a cast change, I thought Dead Silence was better than 2 of the three new line houses. That really sucks when you wait in line forever only to be caught during a cast change. The ending of Dead Silence including this final room scared the piss out of me!

5yzwiw.jpg

Dead Silence was an excellent house especially the effect of walking on the scaffolding above the stage, AWESOME house and probably my favorite from that year along with The Thing.

Vampyr Bloodbath was cool cause you went outside and into 2 seperate buildings, but it sucked cause walking through the club scene they were just staring at you and not even hiding.

Oh you had to have been in during a cast change, I thought Dead Silence was better than 2 of the three new line houses. That really sucks when you wait in line forever only to be caught during a cast change. The ending of Dead Silence including this final room scared the piss out of me!

5yzwiw.jpg

That's what I figured. It had some potential and there were a few actors in there but not alot. One Mar y Shaw could've gotten me SO BAD towards the beginning but didn't take it. The scaffold effect was the best part by far.

As far as HHN17 though, the Thing > all.

On a side note, during HHN's first year at IOA, I'll always wondered why Lost Continent (Or Island of Lost Souls during that time) never got a haunted house....they could of easily put one in Mythos, Poseidon's Fury, or an extended DD's queue. We could of had that over Fear Factor (Might I add that it had nothing to do with JP:Extinction, unlike Evilution). Other than that, it looked like a cool event. Wish I was old enough to go back then. :(

Becase the DD extended queue is all outdoors and open, and they won't shutdown a restaurant like Mythos that makes a lot of money and would be pointless to be shut down. They did have entrances to houses that took you backstage to the SS, but otherwise it was a scarezone.

Update from today, preperations are under way. The jaws queue is cleared out, disaster's temp green wall is getting ready to go up, and the tents behind MIB are being cleaned and prepped. The sound stage door I mentioned that was open last week was closed today which ticked me off!

o8bar8.jpg

5nr9tf.jpg

161gxmv.jpg

dd0znc.jpg

314qips.jpg

Sadly HHN 12 Islands of Fear was a Mostly forgettable event overall. The saving Grace of that event were 2 things. Albert Caine and ScreamHouse. The Irony was ScreamHouse was the only House on Universal and not at IOA. Also HHN 13 had the same failures and the same success with The Director and All Night Drive In. Also 2 of those years they brought the thing I hated most of all time that God Forsaken FOAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great pictures, Hatetofly! Thanks for all of the updates. It's great to see them preparing for the construction to begin. :happy:

It also appears that we have our dates for this year. They were rumored for sometime and apparently confirmed by TJ during the HHN Hauntcon tour. They are:

Sep 24 (Friday), 25 (Saturday) - Opening Weekend
Sep 30 (Thursday)
Oct 1 (Friday), 2 (Saturday), 3 (Sunday)
Oct 7 (Thursday), 8 (Friday), 9 (Saturday), 10 (Sunday)
Oct 14 (Thursday), 15 (Friday), 16 (Saturday), 17 (Sunday)
Oct 20 (Wednesday), 21 (Thursday), 22 (Friday), 23 (Saturday), 24 (Sunday)
Oct 27 (Wednesday), 28 (Thursday), 29 (Friday), 30 (Saturday), 31 (Sunday)

Is that by the RockIt gate? I'm just trying to make sure you didn't snap pictures of the stage where they do TNA. Which right now I can't think of the SS number. The door might have been open for Grad Bash though. If that's the SS I think it is they held a pre-party in there for the event.

Rumor has it that house construction yesturday.. there either working in the SS, or parade building right now.. Que lines will start getting worked on I think after the 4th of July ( I could be wrong though)

This yr they started house construction 3wks early.. So we should be hearing rumors soon when it comes to maybe a possible theme.

Rumor has it that house construction yesturday.. there either working in the SS, or parade building right now.. Que lines will start getting worked on I think after the 4th of July ( I could be wrong though)

This yr they started house construction 3wks early.. So we should be hearing rumors soon when it comes to maybe a possible theme.

With the rumored 10 houses this year they would have to start early to finish them all in time.

With three extra weeks, maybe they are planning on larger houses or more detail. I would love to see the houses be even more elaborate for the 20th anniversary, especially with them having extra time to do it.

^ Definatly, with more time will come greater houses. Im really happy about them NOT adding any more then 8 houses, 10 is to hard on my feet and Universal in general.

Interested in some new info coming out soon.

Is that by the RockIt gate? I'm just trying to make sure you didn't snap pictures of the stage where they do TNA. Which right now I can't think of the SS number. The door might have been open for Grad Bash though. If that's the SS I think it is they held a pre-party in there for the event.

It is by the Rockit gate and I don't know much about TNA but last week this hangar door was open and they had carpenters working with what looked like sheets of plywood.

More than anything they really need to bring back the Arrival show this year, it was lacking this past year when it comes to shows with not having the magic show or anything on the main stage.

Universal needs to partner with Rick Thomas again and come up with some new illusions for a stage show.