Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear | Page 79 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yea someone actually holds a trademark on "Bloody Mary" and UO did not renew the rights, so more than likely she will be referred to as Mary Agana, even though we'll hear the phrase in the house.

Heard some interesting tidbits.

- Wolfman, Frankenstein, Bloody Mary, and the white rabbit will be in the Parade building.
- A minotaur has been casted for the "Clash of the Titans" house.
- One of the soundstage houses seems to be a haunted house possibly being investigated by the LT.
- The other will be some sort of haunted prison. Maybe also tied in with LT?
- The Hollywood scarezone may be a bit longer than usual, leading up to the parade building. (Cirque Du Freak/Fractured Tales area).

Take it with what you want. Just passing on some rumblings.

1. More Trbiute house stuff with character colaberations.
2. Clash of the Titans? There isn't no movie house this year unless you are refuring it to something simular to mythology.
3. A LT house? That whould be epic but if you are talking about SS22. I think it might be Ship of Screams, but i'm not 100% sure.
4. Most likely Psychoscarapy only because fo the match of the picture to it's fascade.
5. Maybe. Beats me.

Yeah, Kidzone.

As for Mary, I don't get the whole rights thing. She's an urban legend. Somebody actually owns the legend? Sounds ridiculous. I wonder if they can refer to her as Mary Agna or if it's just going to be someone dressed like her, looking like her, but never formally announced as her. I'm guessing the the second one.

Yea someone actually holds a trademark on "Bloody Mary" and UO did not renew the rights, so more than likely she will be referred to as Mary Agana, even though we'll hear the phrase in the house.

Agreed....

Last edited:
Wouldn't that engulf 2-3 scarezones total? Or you think this means no "safe zones" between each?

It would start in Hollywood, I'm guessing have a break between in Central Park, probably bring back the pumpkins since that is part of HHN history now, and then continue in KidZone. Don't know how true it is, just passing along.

1. More Trbiute house stuff with character colaberations.
2. Clash of the Titans? There isn't no movie house this year unless you are refuring it to something simular to mythology.
3. A LT house? That whould be epic but if you are talking about SS22. I think it might be Ship of Screams, but i'm not 100% sure.
4. Most likely Psychoscarapy only because fo the match of the picture to it's fascade.
5. Maybe. Beats me.

2. Not exactly Clash, but that's just what I'm likening it to with Medusa, Hades, etc.
3. I heard an old school haunted house, but we'll see. I'm thinking along the lines of some paranormal activity with visuals. If that's the case, I will be very jumpy in that house.
4. It's either/or at this point. Facade will likely look like Shadybrook regardless, but maybe it's some kind of mix. Maybe Shadybrook is abandoned, rundown, haunted. Who knows for sure at this point?

the ghost house could be the humor house. the ghosts could have white blankets over them and be very cheesy

600px-No-Symbol.svg.png

New HNN:

[video=youtube;0sMfXccvCp8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sMfXccvCp8&playnext=1&videos=PKCmzteVU7A&feature=sub[/video]

I doubt it. As though last years, Shadows of the past scarezone was, "Great." I'd much more like/love to see him in the reunion house near the parade. With that said, what else is there to put anywhere else. I'd like to see 7 new haunts, and a reunion, which would be a great Halloween Horror Nights. That, and the parade, even with everything we want, isn't everything we, 'get' with HHN. Although I stated my ideas, Sweet 16 was the same exact sight. With no new haunts, what else would people come for.

Let's cut to the chase. UO wants money, now. The most talented actors are there to scare you, and such, but, besides that, I go for the thrill. Its tons of fun. Without these key factors, and low budget we have another HHN 17.

I know I'm gonna get killed for saying this. This is probably a coincidence, it's definitely just MY opinion.....but I feel as though HHN gets better every other year, starting with sweet 16, it was one of my fav.s, Carnival of Carnage to me, was a let down without any scare zones and unoriginal characters. 18 was probably my favorite so far, the SZ's were done with tons of theming. While 19 IMO felt tamed, and if the trend stays true I expect this year to be the best so far!

I know I'm gonna get killed for saying this. This is probably a coincidence, it's definitely just MY opinion.....but I feel as though HHN gets better every other year, starting with sweet 16, it was one of my fav.s, Carnival of Carnage to me, was a let down without any scare zones and unoriginal characters. 18 was probably my favorite so far, the SZ's were done with tons of theming. While 19 IMO felt tamed, and if the trend stays true I expect this year to be the best so far!

Yes an no.

In the beginning the event was much more intense. I agree the scope and size of the event has gotten bigger and more complex, but not exactly scarier. When I went in the past I got scared a lot easier than I do now, thats for sure. But I love the theming and the atmospher much better now.

I just have to have a couple of drinks to be able to get scared now, which is why I pre-game it before I get in :lol:

I think it all depends on who you ask as to whether or not the event gets better. Its obviously grown tremendously in recent years but has it gotten better.... for me yes and no.

I think the houses are getting better every year without a doubt. When I first started going the original Screamhouse was the first house that blew me away with a facade, backstory, and execution. Each year since then the houses have gotten better and better. It seems like now each year we only have one maybe two houses that are subpar. The scarezones have also gotten better in the last two years.

Whats getting worse is the amount of alcohol and crazyness that occurs at the event. Each year we go from a bar every 100 ft to 75ft to 11 ft. Most people cannot control themselves when alcohol is involved. The only reason I hold Universal accountable is due to the massive availability of alcohol. The other things that bother me is their creative team in years past have not been very creative IMO. I am so sick of Jack its redonkulous! Last year was better and hopefully this year is the last reunion type year for quite some time and a new beginning is on the horizon.

I like the icon era of HHN and I hope it stays the same, there are so many types of people that could be icons and be VERY creepy.

I did feel that HHN 18 was overall much better than 19, IMO. The biggest difference to me was the scarezones. Last year the scarezones seemed way scaled down (budget cuts maybe?) from 18's. Maybe I was disillusioned, but just my opinion :shrug:.

And my thoughts on the return of Jack, reunions, etc: Personally I'm glad it's happening only because I'm relatively new to being able to attend HHN and I never got to experience Jack. Although I can understand how you guys who have been able to go every year would want something new. But I feel like Universal is hinting pretty hard for us to enjoy a collection of the past now for #20 while we have the chance, because after this year we're moving into new territory. That actually could be a big selling point to those out there who aren't HHN pros but are looking for a point-of-entry. Come to HHN XX and get caught up on our first 20 years. Then join us as we usher in a new era starting next year.

Reactions: dmkrc5