Harmonious | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Harmonious

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Having to close the walkway to pull the barges through each day was always a pain in the butt. It just makes sense to leave them out there as a new element during the day.
They’ll still have to do that when bringing the Friendships and Pyro barges in and out.

I like the daytime fountain shows to film scores at USF. It makes for a nice distraction during the day and I imagine these will do the same for Epcot.

Reactions: shiekra38
I imagine it will be like the Lake Eola fountain in downtown Orlando and cycle through a programmed series of patterns. I think most people will like it.
I love me some fountains..my concern is the design of the fountains...They're not supposed to be fountains, they're big screens with fountain features

Lake Eola, as contrast, was always designed to be a fountain

Idk I'll have to see it...But if the IllumiNations barges were just out and on the whole day it would have been ugly, these are far more massive

Reactions: belloq87
Wait, these are gonna use actual screens and not the water projections from World of Color/Fantasmic?
I may have been misremembering, sorry. I think you are right.

To @belloq87's point about it being ugly though, you won't actually see the structure much if the water is flowing creating a fountain effect all day. It should make it look a lot more interesting than the structure itself actually is.

I knew I wasn't crazy about the screens :lol:

harmonious-construction-details-5.jpg

Reactions: shiekra38
I'm worried a majority of the audience won't be able to see the centerpiece waterscreen head-on and that will detract from the experience. With this show, there are going to be very overcrowded viewing areas, probably upcharge if you want a good view. And the rest of the park will have a lessened experience.

The barges are arriving, and look absolutely grotesque.

Like, seriously bad.

I am heartened to see so many people on the Facebook version of that post mentioning sightlines and views across the lagoon. Response on FB is highly negative so far.

• Sad
Reactions: Mad Dog
Zoomed in photos never tell the whole story. I bet if you asked, 90% of Disney fans don't even realize there are several islands in the middle of that lagoon, "blocking the view." It's a massive body of water for a theme park. These barges, are not.

They're notsomuch ruining the view, as they are changing it slightly. The daytime fountains are meant to make a small eyesore a pretty part of the landscape also, so whatevs. Not sure this is the hill I'm ready to die on.

Seeing a photo without zoom puts into perspective for me:

Reactions: RevFreako
Agree to disagree, @Alicia. Even in the fully zoomed out view, I think it's poor show, even with just one of the barges there.

And are we really expecting the fountains to be constantly running as they claim? Will the budget be allocated to keep them maintained through constant use? In the Chapek/pandemic era, I'd be very surprised.

Reactions: tielo
Zoomed in photos never tell the whole story. I bet if you asked, 90% of Disney fans don't even realize there are several islands in the middle of that lagoon, "blocking the view." It's a massive body of water for a theme park. These barges, are not.

They're notsomuch ruining the view, as they are changing it slightly. The daytime fountains are meant to make a small eyesore a pretty part of the landscape also, so whatevs. Not sure this is the hill I'm ready to die on.

Seeing a photo without zoom puts into perspective for me:

Well sure, but people take photos at theme parks.

What are the barges for again? Do they do something that couldn't be accomplished by a World of Color-esque rig set under the water?