Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Gringotts is AMAZING! It's more like a forbidden journey/ mummy combo. The best scene is probably when Voldemort goes against the dragon.

Just watched it myself... fun that the grand ending music is my favorite ending music from all of the movies. Too, WB didn't want FJ to be too scary? This thing seems to have a lot more HOLY **** moments and screams.

Some gringotts "things"...first ride today, halfway through we had no audio, the scene with bellatrix and voldemort played, the carts moved but no audio. Ok whatever but then in the next room/scene, both the audio from the previous scene (that hadn't played) and the current scene's audio played at the same time. Also, a family behind us in line later said they were in the middle row earlier and when they went to disembark, only their lapbars wouldn't release - rows 1 and 3 got out. So, they had to ride the ride AGAIN to then come back into the loading area for their lapbars to release. They did get off the second time around.

Something good: the last time I rode it tonight when they got it back up around 7:20, I felt heat in both scenes that feature fire on screen, whereas I had only felt it on the first scene before. There's a lot more fire in the last scene so it was nice to see it wasn't just left out there :)

I don't understand why we are still having issues with this ride. This ride needs to be running near perfection for the next 2 years to deal with the crowds.

just more reason not to rush to see the new area. I would be really pissed if I planned an expensive vacation to ride this particular ride and it was broken down or not working properly while I was there. Especially if it was really crowded and I had to wait 2 hours just to get in.

Because a lot of it is true state of the art?

Yes, this may be Marni, but being more than late to the game really doesn't cut it. The entire Diagon project is state of the industry. I wouldn't so harsh if the ride was reliable 80% of the time, but I don't believe it is even close. Please someone correct me if I am wrong.

Yes, this may be Marni, but being more than late to the game really doesn't cut it. The entire Diagon project is state of the industry. I wouldn't so harsh if the ride was reliable 80% of the time, but I don't believe it is even close. Please someone correct me if I am wrong.
Anyone that didn't predict this is silly. Look at Spidey. Look at FJ. Anytime something truly innovative premiers, the issues run a few months into opening.

Anyone that didn't predict this is silly. Look at Spidey. Look at FJ. Anytime something truly innovative premiers, the issues run a few months into opening.

To be fair, I went on FJ during softs multiple times and never once experienced a breakdown. FJ certainly had some issues, but they were test running it with the general public as opposed to just package holders at this point on the timeline. I think people are rightfully freaking out a little because the ride is so advanced that it should be operating smoother since opening is less than a week away.

To be fair, I went on FJ during softs multiple times and never once experienced a breakdown. FJ certainly had some issues, but they were test running it with the general public as opposed to just package holders at this point on the timeline. I think people are rightfully freaking out a little because the ride is so advanced that it should be operating smoother since opening is less than a week away.

I think FJ broke down more than you remember. I went on FJ for the first time 4-5 months after the grand opening and it shut down very often for about 20 minutes at a time. The first time I waited in line it broke down, then later I got to ride twice with the lights on and took all kinds of pictures. Gringott's will probably be worse, but not by much.

They were only running 2 carts today, whereas there were 3 on Monday and Tuesday and I believe yesterday. One of the carts would not release all 3 rows of lapbars when pulling in to the station, so engineer-looking people would get down on the ground and use some weird contraption-hose thing and a flashlight and release it somehow manually. This process happened twice while I was in the loading area and it took 5-8 minutes each time, so the other cart would finish its cycle before people even got off of the first cart - so basically 1 cart was running. Then we got in the cart having issues and when we pulled in, the lapbars went up automatically and on time...ha

Well guys, hope you rode Gringotts while you could. Even if you get in for a soft, I think you're out of luck for Gringotts:
2wq7bxk.jpg

I got on one of the last rides with now wait and it was incredible. It's not going to be open for softs. It went down so many times when I was there today it was ridiculous.

Last edited: