Harry Potter Reboot Series | Inside Universal Forums

Harry Potter Reboot Series

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Can nothing die?

I mean, i'll give it a shot, but i'd much rather that they created a show/movie inspired by Hogwarts Legacy rather than going back to the Potter series that's already been told in book form and in a movie series.

A show will certainly allow them to expand upon the original source material since it doesn't have to be condensed to a 2-2.5 hour movie, but they'll be hard pressed to find a cast that's nearly as good as the original.

What funny is Universal is the one who benefits a good deal from this show as well. I know the books and movies are loved but a new show will bring in more fans

I'd much rather a new series as well, but Fantastic beasts might have pushed them away from new film/tv ideas for now

• Haha
Reactions: Lucky Planet
The chances this is formally announced with the relaunch/rebranded combo ap is high. That’ll bring awareness to the service.

What funny is Universal is the one who benefits a good deal from this show as well. I know the books and movies are loved but a new show will bring in more fans

I'd much rather a new series as well, but Fantastic beasts might have pushed them away from new film/tv ideas for now

Do they? Given that the lands are mainly based on the movies? If I'm Universal right now, I'm doing this (which, coincidentally, is what I'm doing right now too):

Keyboard Rage Keyboard Gore GIF - Keyboard Rage Keyboard Gore Blood -  Discover & Share GIFs

This is why it was a smart decision to base MSHI off the comic book versions (not like they had any other choice since the movies weren't out yet but still).

Last edited:
As much as there are things that happened in the books that I wished happened in the films, I personally don't need a new TV series to potentially show them. For me it's a bit late for that, amongst other things.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
I'd be all for it if it wasn't a reboot. Obviously, it's gonna have to go the reboot route cause the actors aged out of the characters years ago lol. A TV series should've happened years ago.
harry potter shrug GIF

I'd be all for it if it wasn't a reboot. Obviously, it's gonna have to go the reboot route cause the actors aged out of the characters years ago lol. A TV series should've happened years ago.
harry potter shrug GIF
The could've always continued the story post the books and pick up at the "19 years later" point that Deathly Hallows Part 2 leaves us off at with their children going to Hogwarts. It'd be interesting to see the core cast back in supporting roles potentially as professors or even a headmaster. Then we could focus on the kids of the core characters from the main series.

I'd be a lot more interested in something like that rather than a reboot which I find to be a rather boring idea, although it'll definitely be popular.

The could've always continued the story post the books and pick up at the "19 years later" point that Deathly Hallows Part 2 leaves us off at with their children going to Hogwarts. It'd be interesting to see the core cast back in supporting roles potentially as professors or even a headmaster. Then we could focus on the kids of the core characters from the main series.
Is it sad that I forgot the ending of Deathly Hallows Part 2 had a time jump? :skull:

Going that route I feel would be much more successful than a complete reboot.

Is it sad that I forgot the ending of Deathly Hallows Part 2 had a time jump? :skull:

Going that route I feel would be much more successful than a complete reboot.
Going that route would pretty much ensure it couldn't be a series and would have to be another series of movies (which I wouldn't mind) as the legacy actors would command big pay days to reprise their iconic roles.

Reactions: Crypt Keeper