Haunted Mansion (2023) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Haunted Mansion (2023)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Still sort of feels like it's being dumped.

I don't know why this isn't coming out in September or October.
They want it to have finished making money and be on Disney+ by then is my guess. Probably won't be on D+ until October as Disney is doing 75-90 day theatrical windows again (if a movie is still making enough money to justify keeping it in theaters that long that is) since Iger came back.

It's absolutely a dump title there. Zero chance of it getting premium level formats when it's releasing in the shadow of Mission Impossible and a Nolan film. A pity, I think they have a fun cast and I like the people involved.

Reactions: Clive
It's absolutely a dump title there. Zero chance of it getting premium level formats when it's releasing in the shadow of Mission Impossible and a Nolan film. A pity, I think they have a fun cast and I like the people involved.
It could just be bad? But also, opening in September/October makes no sense. That's a time to open PG-13/R rated horror titles. This is a family comedy. Kids are out of school for the summer. I think Disney's hoping to be counter-programming against some of those large titles.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
Why? Move it August again
Families have time to go to the movies in July and it also allows them enough time to run the movie for Disney's new theatrical 60-75 day window depending on how successful a film is and still have the movie on Disney+ for the Halloween season.

Once you start getting into August, High School is starting back up whether it be just High School Athletic type activities or actual school depending on where you live (Orlando starts school around the second week of August).

It is apparently very bad, so I think you are right on the money here.

Reactions: GA-MBIT and Nick
I can't say i'm surprised at any movie with Jared Leto and Tiffany Haddish in the two main roles being a bad film. Nothing against Haddish (everything against Leto though :lol:), but she hasn't proven herself as a star that can carry a movie.

I did have some hope with the directorial choice and casting Rosario Dawson and Owen Wilson as the leads, but I just get the feeling that Disney didn't learn from the 2003 film and it's gonna be too goofy again.

I can't say i'm surprised at any movie with Jared Leto and Tiffany Haddish in the two main roles being a bad film. Nothing against Haddish (everything against Leto though :lol:), but she hasn't proven herself as a star that can carry a movie.

I did have some hope with the directorial choice and casting Rosario Dawson and Owen Wilson as the leads, but I just get the feeling that Disney didn't learn from the 2003 film and it's gonna be too goofy again.

Shades of ToT! :lmao:

Tower of Terror (1997 film) - Wikipedia

Tower_of_Terror_VideoCover.png

Reactions: Nick
I guess I'll be the one to say I kinda love the idea of making a family blockbuster version of a James Wan horror film. That having been said, this looks simultaneously too scary for kids and too kiddie for adults. Not surprised they're having trouble selling it.

It's also not like it will have a firm hold on the family audience for a long time since the TMNT animated movie comes out literally the weekend after Haunted Mansion. Families do tend to go see bad movies if it makes their kid happy, but this is going to scare young kids at times.