Haunted Mansion (2023) | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Haunted Mansion (2023)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I say i'm going to watch a lot of stuff that I end up just missing out because there's too much content though. I still never watched the Muppet Haunted Mansion Special. Never watched Pinocchio or Disenchanted due to poor reviews and word of mouth (although was still planning to check them out). I have an intention to watch it, but doesn't mean I will. I've been more into gaming lately and this is a big year for gaming tbh.

Also, Disney doesn't really care if I check it out on D+ if I didn't see it in theaters. They make no money from me seeing it on D+ versus the cut the would take from a theatrical ticket.
Begs the question on why Disney plus is even a thing

Also check out Disenchanted, I think the songs are good and its a fun film. Its at the level or higher then Chip and Dale and for sure Disenchanted is much better then Buzz and Strange World

So do people like trailers that spoiler half the film and tell all the good jokes?

Like for me I'm all about tone, like the mario movie trailer told me what it would be same with GOTG....why do I need more?

More asking if people wanted them to show the ballroom and graveyard now or when your watching the film? For me the tone seems fine and I like the cast, so for me I'll see it but I'm someone who is less is more at this point, like would a longer trailer really made you like it more or is the film not for you, is kinda what im getting at

According to experts in the trailer-making business, the more audiences know, the likelier they are to go. “ This is why trailers typically show a lot.

Reactions: rageofthegods
According to experts in the trailer-making business, the more audiences know, the likelier they are to go. “ This is why trailers typically show a lot.

Yeah "I wish trailers didn't spoil as much" is one of those things that people say they want but every piece of available data says it's a lie.

• Haha
Reactions: UNIrd
Yeah "I wish trailers didn't spoil as much" is one of those things that people say they want but every piece of available data says it's a lie.
I mean, the average person person also complains about movies being boring then see's the minions movies and the last Jurassic Film....so yeah

But yeah, I'm in the rare camp I guess of less is more. Show me the tone and I'll see it or not, like most A24 Films dont show too much and I see 99 percent of those

Because I go to the movies less, that means I see trailers less. You actively have a choice in whether you watch them or not unless you're a captive audience.

I don't think the HM trailer showed a lot. I think it looks like "a lot." :lol:

I say i'm going to watch a lot of stuff that I end up just missing out because there's too much content though. I still never watched the Muppet Haunted Mansion Special. Never watched Pinocchio or Disenchanted due to poor reviews and word of mouth (although was still planning to check them out). I have an intention to watch it, but doesn't mean I will. I've been more into gaming lately and this is a big year for gaming tbh.

Also, Disney doesn't really care if I check it out on D+ if I didn't see it in theaters. They make no money from me seeing it on D+ versus the cut the would take from a theatrical ticket.

Muppets Haunted Mansion was great!

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I mean, the average person person also complains about movies being boring then see's the minions movies and the last Jurassic Film....so yeah

But yeah, I'm in the rare camp I guess of less is more. Show me the tone and I'll see it or not, like most A24 Films dont show too much and I see 99 percent of those

Sure, and I didn't mean to say you were disingenuous. It's cool that you have that attitude but when you're trying to reach an audience, it's just empirically better to cut a 3-4 minute trailer than a 1-2 minute one.

Reactions: Jerroddragon

Disney would love for this movie to be as successful as Minions.

The average movie goer is the most common type of movie goer. Most people aren't A-listers who go to the movies 144 times times per like year like you technically can with A-List. They go 1-3 times and honestly I fall much closer to this than whatever the non-average moviegoer is. Sometimes mindless movies win out because families simply need something to see with their kid. Nothing wrong with that.

Ant-Man 3 made $106M opening weekend. Did it deserve that with the quality? no. Second weekend drop showed the average movie goer wasn't there to help carry the movie. The average movie goer makes and breaks films and they have solely made Avatar a $5 billion dollar franchise. A franchise without much of a fanbase, just people who want to go and live in Pandora for a few hours. Nothing wrong with that.

Disney would love for this movie to be as successful as Minions.

The average movie goer is the most common type of movie goer. Most people aren't A-listers who go to the movies 144 times times per like year like you technically can with A-List. They go 1-3 times and honestly I fall much closer to this than whatever the non-average moviegoer is. Sometimes mindless movies win out because families simply need something to see with their kid. Nothing wrong with that.

Ant-Man 3 made $106M opening weekend. Did it deserve that with the quality? no. Second weekend drop showed the average movie goer wasn't there to help carry the movie. The average movie goer makes and breaks films and they have solely made Avatar a $5 billion dollar franchise. A franchise without much of a fanbase, just people who want to go and live in Pandora for a few hours. Nothing wrong with that.
My point is many people say one thing then do another

I've never met a person who says this is peak hollywood they always complain about movies all being the same....as they see the same films

Disenchanted is actually pretty enjoyable despite a slow first act. Maybe it's because I kept reading all the reviews about how bad it was, but I liked it! Definitely doesn't deserve the 40% or whatever it has on Rotten Tomatoes.

Reactions: Nick
So...like the ride, then?
No. The ride has very little that scares kids with the most being the preshow spiel, with the actual ride being a fairly jolly twist on horror genre. There's quite a few jump scares that have been shown throughout the two trailers so far which is going to scare kids far more than the ride.

I admit the tone of the ride is the hardest of Disney's rides to translate well into a movie though. You have to walk such a fine tightrope to get it right and this movie looks like it does an okay job at from the trailer. But will the movie be any good is the real question? I don't have faith in quite a bit of this cast and it's probably just me, but Hasan Minaj took me straight out of it seeing him in the trailer. To me it's like if Anderson Cooper was some random character in the movie and not just doing a filmed news segment.

Reactions: SeventyOne
No. The ride has very little that scares kids with the most being the preshow spiel, with the actual ride being a fairly jolly twist on horror genre. There's quite a few jump scares that have been shown throughout the two trailers so far which is going to scare kids far more than the ride.
I think kids these days are tougher than you think....

This movie is more so geared to Disney adults...

I think kids these days are tougher than you think....

This movie is more so geared to Disney adults...
I mean, I AM what I guess you could classify a Disney adult (not the insane, popcorn bucket buyer type of Disney Adult, but that's not the majority of "Disney Adults"). I'm simply someone who grew up during the Disney Renaissance, grew up going to the parks, moved to Orlando when I was in high school, and likes pop culture in general so I enjoy their acquired IP as well (Marvel, Star Wars, Avatar, etc).

This movie just doesn't really look good to me. I'm sure it'll be better than the 2003 Eddie Murphy one (because how can it not be?), but I just have very low hopes for this. This doesn't look like a Pirates or even Jungle Cruise adaptation, both of which had four quadrant appeal.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
I mean Pirates has lots of adult themes in the first film

So this looks near on par with the tone of being more for adults and hopefully thats a good thing

Reactions: Clive