HBO's Game of Thrones | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

HBO's Game of Thrones

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My favorite characters are probably, in order:

1. Eddard "Ned" Stark
2. Arya Stark.
3. Tyrion Lannister
4. Daenerys Targaryen
5. Catelyn Stark
6. Rob Stark
7. Bran Stark

I haven't started to watch Season 2 yet since, unfortunately, I don't have HBO up in college.

My favorite characters in order:

1. Arya Stark
2. Asha Greyjoy
3. Jaime Lannister
4. Ghost/Jon Snow
5. Tyrion Lannister
6. Dany/ Dragons
7. Merra/Jojen
8. Joffery Lannister

Kidding... Ned Stark

Just finished watching Game of Thrones Season 2 Episode 1. It does a nice job of catching us up fairly quickly and then moving on with the proceeding events. there are several bad-ass speeches and scenes, one of my personal favorites is the Baelish/Cersei confrontation. It's also nice to see Robb Stark begin to have more of a presence here. My only complaint is there's not enough Arya in this episode, but the end seems to promise more of her adventures in Episode 2. Overall, a great start to what is sure to be a thrilling second season.

Just finished watching Game of Thrones Season 2 Episode 1. It does a nice job of catching us up fairly quickly and then moving on with the proceeding events. there are several bad-ass speeches and scenes, one of my personal favorites is the Baelish/Cersei confrontation. It's also nice to see Robb Stark begin to have more of a presence here. My only complaint is there's not enough Arya in this episode, but the end seems to promise more of her adventures in Episode 2. Overall, a great start to what is sure to be a thrilling second season.

Well, let's be fair. There was less Arya in this episode because they already released the content of her first few chapters in the last episode of Season 1. I was shocked the prologue wasn't, well, the prologue buuuut I like how they tied it in after the Melisandra's burning of the 7 New Gods. I cannot wait to see Drogon light up the temple of the undying!!!

You guys are making me want to read the books...

I haven't started to watch Season 2 yet since, unfortunately, I don't have HBO up in college.

If your family has HBO at home, you could watch it online on HBO GO. Ask them for the login to their DirecTV or whatever cable company, which is how you log in to HBO GO. Or there's always those other sites to watch the episodes... ;)

Reactions: Cwoolboy
So I actually started reading the first book last night, and I'm pretty hooked! Now I'm anxious to watch the show! LOL! Hopefully I'll have some time in the coming days to finish the book and then watch the first season.

Am I the only one who doesn't like Sansa's actress? I dunno what it is about her...

I think its a testament to how well she sells the character. I never really liked Sansa, but her treatment in the second and most of the third book is brutal. I think we may become more compassionate as we see the awful things that are done to her.

Am I the only one who doesn't like Sansa's actress? I dunno what it is about her...

Sansa's actress (Sophia Something), as a person, is super likable after the last article I read about her. Sansa's direwolf, Lady, is killed in the first season, right? Well, Sophia adopted the dog who played Lady in real life. I DARE you not to like her after that! Haha.

I just find her portrayal of Sansa somewhat boring. She just comes across as bland to me. Whereas I find Sansa in the books very interesting, although not in the same way as the hack 'n slash characters, of course.

She doesn't seem to have many facial expressions. Maybe that's it.

There is also an alternative and very catchy version on ABC. I am not sure if there is a thread for this but it's called Once Upon A Time and it follows all the fairy tale characters.

There is also an alternative and very catchy version on ABC. I am not sure if there is a thread for this but it's called Once Upon A Time and it follows all the fairy tale characters.

:inquisitive: I really don't see the similarities. Once Upon A Time is more akin to NBC's Grimm, Buffy, Angel, Supernatural, Charmed, Heroes, The Secret Circle, True Blood, or basically any show that revolves around the paranormal or magic. At it's core, Game of Throne is a swords and sandals/royalty epic like Spartacus, Rome, The Tudors, The Borgias.

At the end of the day, Game of Thrones is a wondrous adaptation of a "Tolkien-like" fable of feuding families, complete with sweeping vistas, shocking violence, superb storytelling and cinematography, and a cast that can't be beat. I just don't see the point in comparing "similar" shows. Showrunners have endless hours to take their series in random directions and it's simply a matter of liking or not liking what they create.

Game of Thrones Season 2 Episode 2 was an interesting one. Rob Stark was mysteriously absent as the focus of the episode had shifted to that of Theon Greyjoy. We get to see a bit more of his true colors and where his real allegiance may lie as he rides to meet his douche of a dad. Stannis Baratehon continues to make questionable friends and even ends up ****ing his new creepy witch advisor. Over at King's Landing Tyrion is still struggling to maintain order. We do get a bit more of Arya as well, even though she isn't given much to do, it is still nice to see her . Best scenes: Just about every one with Tyrion in this episode was superb including his confrontation with the old commander of the City Watch, the wtf ending was pretty neat as well. Overall, I'd say this episode wasn't as strong as the first one. The story is still being built up, and for the first time I realized that I missed Rob Stark. He really is becoming quite an interesting character and I feel that the episode suffered a bit from his lack of involvement

Last edited:

There is also an alternative and much better version of Once by Vertigo comics called "Fables." In all seriousness though, Game of Thrones has very little in common with Once. For one, the acting is actually note worthy in GOT :p

I just finished episode three. Melisandra's shadow-puppet show was more tasteful than it could have been, and for that, I was pleased. I loved seeing Renly and Stannis finally face one another and Arya's moment with Tywin was neat to see. I'm glad it focused a lot on Arya in this episode.

tumblr_lv9qcgDsYg1qd5dcxo1_500.jpg

This is exactly how I pictured Ygritte! She's been cast though and is actually quite pretty.

GoT-rose-leslie-as-ygritte.jpg

In other news, I'm about a third way through Feast. It's certainly the weakest link so far, but I'm not hating it. I hear the last 100 or so pages are actually amazing.

This was such a great episode. That King Landing's scene was just so satisfying to watch, every scene in this episode was just great. The story is really picking up well.

Last edited:
I've got a good opposing perspective on the newest episode. As always, there are spoilers contained within my little synopsis/review

Game of Thrones Season 2 Episode 6: I guess I spoke to early when I guessed every episode from here on out would be great because this episode is by far the weakest one of the series thus far. Theon overtakes Winterfell and in a failed display of power beheads one of the higher ups who oppose his authority (It takes Theon a good 4 or 5 blows to cut completely thru the poor devils neck). Over with Jon, he has a run in with a wily female wildling that begins to seduce him. With Ayra, her cover is almost blown several times and she gives her new ally another name of a person to kill. With Dany, she attempts to bargain for a fleet of ships and arrives back to her room in Qarth to find her dragins have been stolen. With Rob, he catches word of Winterfell's fall and vows to bring Theon to justice. he also begins to fall for the hot nurse he helped in a previous episode. With Tyrion, Joffrey's rashness leads to a nasty riot that has some pretty nasty consequences. Despite the episode's flaws there are quite a few good scenes, and there is an increased level of brutality and violence in this episode that this season has been missing. Best scenes: Tyrion slaps Joffrey for the 2nd time after putting him back in his place, Dany's plead for more ships, Theon's failed attempt at beheading, Littlefinger and Tywin's chat while Ayra pours them wine. Best quotes: Surprisingly....none really stand out from this eispde, frowny face. So, while this episode does have its high points the whole thing is sloppily thrown together and the whole episode fails to really advance any of the plots all that much, lets hope we don't encounter another one like this for a while.

I don't like that they reduced Ygritte to yet another sexy woman they can show seducing some guy. Come ON. She was great in the books. Not really pretty, at least not by Hollywood's standards, and very fierce. She doesn't automatically try to get in Jon's pants 5 minutes after they meet.