Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HBO's Game of Thrones

547853_509607788044_329300018_111810_1326453283_n.jpg

Two weeks left in the season, is that correct? This season has been pretty good. Hopefully, the season finale is epic.

Blackwater was EPIC!!!!!

For what they were able to accomplish action-wise on a TV budget was spectacular. I especially liked how the episode just focused on King's Landing and didn't wander off to Jon or Dany. Keeping the audience in full battle viewing mode made for one awesome hour of quality television.

Blackwater was EPIC!!!!!

For what they were able to accomplish action-wise on a TV budget was spectacular. I especially liked how the episode just focused on King's Landing and didn't wander off to Jon or Dany. Keeping the audience in full battle viewing mode made for one awesome hour of quality television.

That's sooo good to hear! I'm watching it tomorrow!! No Dany now means House of the Undying next week!

Also, Meera and Jojen Reed have been confirmed for season tres!!!

Was it just me, or were they cutting through those guys' bodies/limbs like frigging CHEESE? Is it that easy to slice someone in half? DAMN.

Was it just me, or were they cutting through those guys' bodies/limbs like frigging CHEESE? Is it that easy to slice someone in half? DAMN.

That's a shock-and-awe special effect popular among action/horror directors. Referred to as "Cut/Slide", it is.......

a moment in an action scene when a blade (or wire) slices through a person (or many people) at a ninja-like speed, leaving pieces of body parts to slowly slide apart from each other, usually while the person is still visibly conscious.

Here's a montage of the technique from other films (It isn't G rated):

[video=youtube;o059P5FHw-4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o059P5FHw-4[/video]

Arya Stark does the cinnamon challenge :bonk:

[video=youtube;gud4I3kMbyE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gud4I3kMbyE[/video]