HHN 19 - Ripped from the Silver Screen | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 19 - Ripped from the Silver Screen

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I know it's slow, but give the creators a break. Look how freaking epic last year's website was? Give them a break, they gave us an amazing site this last year. They will deliver something. Trust me, it's better than nothing. Or a really generic no story halloween event...*cough*Scarowinds*cough*

I know it's slow, but give the creators a break. Look how freaking epic last year's website was? Give them a break, they gave us an amazing site this last year. They will deliver something. Trust me, it's better than nothing. Or a really generic no story halloween event...*cough*Scarowinds*cough*

Exactly. That's why the site sucks this year. They can't even keep par with themselves. It's pathetic.

It's only freaking august! Give them time. They will deliver. It's a slow year. Bad Economic Times=A Few Cuts in Budget.

Well I am glad the site is slow, the hype gets more and more amazing and nothing can live up to that much hype (ok maybe Titanic and The Dark Knight) I think part of this is cutbacks as the website has a loyal following but those people are going regardless of the website. The can put the dates and people that are fans are going to go.

Exactly. At least there is a website with a little storyline this year.

You guys could be like the Halloween Haunt events where they have the same houses every year with maybe 1 new one thrown in. Or you could have a generic website with no story at all.

I never understood why everyone blames budget for a website design. They already paid for the design and the website, it's just a matter of putting it up. And if that's not that case, then Universal is being really cheap this year.

Last year, I was so intrigued and was dying to go. This year I have no interest whatsoever. Blame that on the lack of a good website.

They set the bar so high for HHN that anything less than what they did the previous year is a disappointment. Universal even says that itself, that they don't like going backwards.

Like you said, it's August. Last August, we had a comprehensive story, with anticipation and major confusion as to what was going to happen, we were finding out about things every week, sometimes twice a week. The website was nearly completed this time last year. This website pales largely in comparison and has so far been a failure. Like the horrornights update check I posted, we've only seen it update 4 times, which is very unusual. If we don't see another by next Tuesday, then I'll just lose hope for the website potential this year.

Although the website is not as detailed as last year I don't really mind. I know I'm going no matter what and I am judging the event based on the houses and zones, not the website. When you are being chased by a chainsaw maniac are you really going to be remembering a website? Anyway the website last year hurt the event for people who did not read the story. Reflections of Fear is the big example of that. And why would Bloody Mary have aliens and rocket ships in her mirror? This year they seem to be taking it easy so everyone understands what is going on.

Remember this, the general public really does not look at the website. Some do, but most dont. They see the commercial for hhn and say hey that looks bad@$$ I want to go.

Or their friends call them up and want to go.

Most people do not depend on how the content for the website was to go to the event. It should be judged on the houses, scarezones, and prices.

Thats just my opinon.

The website mostly caters to the fans,media, and a few of the general public. The website is the sprinkes and chocolate sryup on top of the hhn sundae.

I have done some research and well we were spoiled last year with there website.So to say.Universal last year stated that reflections of fear was going to be the most interactive hhn ever and that started with the website.This year they are going back to there normal way of doing things.The way it was for hhn 17 and before that.With hhn 16 there wasnt a webupdate untill september same with hhn 17.Like i said we were spoiled last year.But that dosent mean hhn wont be good this year.If u think about why do they have to do website updates when there are messages boards like this one.With people saying oh they are going to do this and that.Thats enough hype for the event. Hhn dosent need to say or do anything really

Last edited:
So, someone on the Chainsawwolf pointed out this possible connection with Legendary Truth and the Web site, so I thought I would share it here.

As you know, the "Insane", "Missing", and "Severed" buttons are color coded. The colors that are used are red, green, and yellow. According to the Legendary Truth's Web site, here is a list of what those colors mean:

1. Yellow - Credible testimony supported by actual physical evidence (evaluated but not accredited), notarized affidavit, official documentation, and/or eyewitness accounts. (Insane)

2. Green - Anecdotal reports. Widespread dissemination of story(s) that share a central theme recounting supernatural events. No personal attribution. No physical evidence. (Missing)

3. Red - Manifestation. Irrefutable physical evidence. Unexplainable event recorded, documented, and authenticated. Specific, unprecedented, and terrifying experience(s). (Severed)

OMG!!! A WEBSITE UPDATE!!!!!! ITS ABOUT TIME!!!!!!!

That's weird, I have absolutely no clue what this is unless this is Silver Screams. Maybe the Usher got mad and killed the guy talking on his cellphone? Interesting...

No clue about the list of names though...

Finally though, good job HHN people, been waiting on this.