HHN 26: Ticket, RIP Tours, and Pass Information | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 26: Ticket, RIP Tours, and Pass Information

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The event is also VASTLY more crowded year after year. Prices have gone up on Express. Normal prices are relatively stable, TBH

Freakishly so, compared to market.

And 25 nights of Express at $100 with AP is still a hell of a bargain. Even if use just 10 nights would be a great deal.

Note the huge percentage increase opening weekend (which is earliest open ever by a week). There are no slow nights.

Yeah the express always see significant increases. I see it as more of a luxury thing and the high prices are required to make it work, if everyone gets one there's no point. I think your still getting a good deal. If I were in your position I would skip express and make sure to do Stay & Scream perhaps a RIP tour and/or perhaps the after 10 express one night.
Oh, I am sure we will pay the $682 (hopefully AP discounted, though). I am just venting out loud. :)

No I am not. I am explaining OUR exact situation.
Yeah I get the situation. I had some family come and visit last year for 2 days only and multi-day tickets were the best option. It feels like a waste to get those for just a couple days. That's really what Universal wants though, if you going more than just one day they want to push you into as many days as possible. As I compared to Disney I think these passes are specifically targeted to be the best choice for 2-3 days since they fall into that price range, with all those other days just being there to entice you as "free days" to come back and spend more money.

Reactions: STL
No I am not. I am explaining OUR exact situation.

You're going Sunday, Wednesday, and Thursday. A FFP covers this. As been discussed before a multi day ticket option with Express is significantly cheaper than what you state.

But let's take it one step further, you're going on three uncrowded nights not during hell week. Do you actually need express?

Reactions: SeventyOne
You're going Sunday, Wednesday, and Thursday. A FFP covers this. As been discussed before a multi day ticket option with Express is significantly cheaper than what you state.

But let's take it one step further, you're going on three uncrowded nights not during hell week. Do you actually need express?

Actually, that's a very good question! Perhaps we should just do the FFP and add Express if we feel we need it?

I'm not trying to argue with you, Test...seriously. I guess I just got sticker shock. Besides, I am already meeting up with HTF for drinks so I need all the extra money I can get! ;)

Actually, that's a very good question! Perhaps we should just do the FFP and add Express if we feel we need it?

I'm not trying to argue with you, Test...seriously. I guess I just got sticker shock. Besides, I am already meeting up with HTF for drinks so I need all the extra money I can get! ;)

I think what everyone is saying, no one would actually pay the $1200 you quoted because there are other options that are way cheaper that give you the same thing. I think that is what people were saying with you giving the worst case scenario.

Almost definitely need it any Sunday. That said, if you can get there at opening Wed/Thur, may be a better deal to do Sunday night Express, use Wed/Thur to catch what you missed and see favorites again.

I realize HHN tickets involve as much math as WDW tickets at this point (you really could use a spreadsheet), but if you put the effort it, the price is nowhere near what you're quoting.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
I think what everyone is saying, no one would actually pay the $1200 you quoted because there are other options that are way cheaper that give you the same thing. I think that is what people were saying with you giving the worst case scenario.

Exactly. It's like saying WDW is too expensive and you price out a week there with just one day tickets for everyone.

Yeah. Not thrilled about the $80 price increase, but I'm going 4 nights this year instead of 3 and I'm hoping the sticker shock makes the Express a better value through shorter Express lines.

Yeah. Not thrilled about the $80 price increase, but I'm going 4 nights this year instead of 3 and I'm hoping the sticker shock makes the Express a better value through shorter Express lines.

$20 per night not to stand in hour plus lines? How can you not?

How much is a pint of blood going for these days??........

$20 per night not to stand in hour plus lines? How can you not?

How much is a pint of blood going for these days??........

Well $20 more per night than last year... but yeah. It still breaks down to $75 a night including Express for me. Last year was $73 a night, but I only went three nights. I was kind of hoping for a 4th night free kind of arrangement this year.

Reactions: STL and JoeCamel

I hope your right about getting shorter express lines, but I doubt it. This event seems to get more crowds each year. Most of us don't like the big increase($80 each for us), but we'll pay it.

I hope your right about getting shorter express lines, but I doubt it. This event seems to get more crowds each year. Most of us don't like the big increase($70 each for us), but we'll pay it.

This is super anecdotal evidence, obviously, but the crowd on Twitter seems to be jumping off the Express train. It's a lot to spend 2-3x the base ticket price.

Well $20 more per night than last year... but yeah. It still breaks down to $75 a night including Express for me. Last year was $73 a night, but I only went three nights. I was kind of hoping for a 4th night free kind of arrangement this year.
Breaks down to $113 per night for me. Ugh Thank GOD my awesome AP discount gets that down to $110.33 per night.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Hey... I don't mind a price increase every year, but a 36% increase on the RoF with express seems pretty absurd. Just because it's less busy during that time period, it shouldn't mean that the folk's wallets purchasing this option should pick up the slack. I think this is the 1st time I really feel like I'm more or less being robbed. I mean... there is no way that I'm going to stand in line all night when I'll only be there 3 or 4 nights. If anything, they should have at least did this increase or something similar last year because it was the 25th anniversary. How exactly can they justify such a large increase? I really hope that the express lines are even shorter this year.