HHN 26: Ticket, RIP Tours, and Pass Information | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 26: Ticket, RIP Tours, and Pass Information

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hey... I don't mind a price increase every year, but a 36% increase on the RoF with express seems pretty absurd. Just because it's less busy during that time period, it shouldn't mean that the folk's wallets purchasing this option should pick up the slack. I think this is the 1st time I really feel like I'm more or less being robbed. I mean... there is no way that I'm going to stand in line all night when I'll only be there 3 or 4 nights. If anything, they should have at least did this increase or something similar last year because it was the 25th anniversary. How exactly can they justify such a large increase? I really hope that the express lines are even shorter this year.

I wonder if last year was when they realized that the problem with Express crowding was worse than they expected and need to finally pull the trigger on price increases.

Florida Resident and AP prices are up:

AP:

Wednesday: $55.99 (Tickets were $45.99 and $53.99 last year depending on the date, so an $8-10 increase)
Sunday/Thursday: $51.99-$59.99 (Last year's range was $45.99-53.99)
Friday: $55.99-72.99 (Last year's range was $46.99-$64.99)
Saturday: $62.99-82.99 (Saturdays last year were $52.99 and $72.99)

Rush of Fear (last year's prices first): $72.99/$80.99 (Up $8)
Rush of Fear Express: $208.99/$288.99 (Up $80)
FF: $83.99/$91.99 (Up $8)
FF Express: $223.99/$308.99 (Up $85)
FFP: $98.99/$106.99 (Up $8)
FFP Express: $267.99/$387.99 (Up $120)
Ultimate: $189.99
Ultimate Express: $589.99

Florida Resident:

Wednesday: $55.99 (same increase as AP)
Sunday/Thursday: $55.99 on Sep 18, 22, 25, 29, Oct 2, 6, 27, 30, or 31; $59.99 on Oct 9, 13, 16, 20, or 23 (Last year's range was $49.99-$53.99)
Friday: $66.99 on everything except the 14th and 21st, $72.99 on those dates (Last year's range was $60.99-$64.99)
Saturday: $82.99 (Up $6 from $76.99 last year)

Frequent Passes are the same as out of state costs.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
I wonder how many people are similar to me here. I am out of state and because we like HHN so much we plan on a short vacation to go each year. We typically go to HHN three nights and do the daytime tour. Last year we did the scareactor dinner also. We get the ROF with express($229 each last year). I don't like such an increase for the tickets this year or the fact that I am only using three days of a pass that is good for many more nights. For you locals I think that ticket is still a great deal if you go many times. But here is the thing, after what I spend in airfare, staying at Portofino, and dining, it isn't that much of an increase to my budget.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I have a couple of thoughts. They know it will be slammed and hope people don't purchase the expensive express until they get there and see how slammed it is. Usually after a few drinks and a couple of hour plus lines people say screw it and pony up for the single night EP if any are left. This way the express becomes more valuable so that justifies the price increases.

I vowed last year never to do it without express again, too may people. The way I attend is to stay onsite for 10 days (so I can drink at HHN and still get to bed safe) and do it during ROF times. I don't do the first week but am on it the next. This means 1 - 2 pool days and lazy days the rest to save energy for HHN. I do SaS and hit what I can up to 10 or so then enjoy the scare zones and general atmosphere meeting up with people throughout the night for drinks. I get most to all the houses with minimal waiting and see the shows. By the time I have choked down that much fog I am ready to go back and do it again the next day.

I know not everyone can attend this way but $300 for ROF + express is a small fraction of the total I spend there. It is my only real vacation of the year and it is worth it for me

Reactions: Brownie54
I wonder if last year was when they realized that the problem with Express crowding was worse than they expected and need to finally pull the trigger on price increases.
Has someone calculated the price increase percentage from the previous year? It seems about the same to me.

Has someone calculated the price increase percentage from the previous year? It seems about the same to me.
For RoF with express? How do you figure that? Or... are you just talking about the discounts? I'm pretty sure it was $200 back in 2014. That's only a 10% increase in a year.

Craziness... A 50% increase in ticket pricing in 2 years... It's even worse than I thought. Milk it baby!

Last edited:
I figured express would jump in price this year. It's my fault as last year was the 1st time we added express to RoF and now my family is hooked on getting express.

RoF really messes with my head though. We plan on going the four nights of the 2nd week, staying on sire...but then we start thinking we get 11 nights, how can we go more nights out of this? We are lucky in that we are only around 200 miles away and it is possible to drive up and then home the same day, but that really sucks. Also, they seem to not offer rooms for one night during HHN.

Oh well, I'm sure I won't be able to talk the family out of express...I was hoping to do one of the day time tours this year, but I do not see that happening if we get RoF with Express this year...

Man, I expected a jump but not that large. The FFP/ROF Express passes are still a decent enough value for locals who will go A LOT, but for out of staters like myself it's a real kick in the pants.
No kidding... If I lived down there, I'd just get the FF+ with no express for the $119 (25 nights!) and call it a day. Us poor out of towners aren't getting our full moneys worth out of the ticket options offered.

On the other hand, if less people buy express, stand-by lines should move faster. But it's going to be brutal.

Not sure I understand that. Yeah less in express to hold up the standby but the standby is longer?

All we need to do is divide 650,000 by number of nights by 9 houses to get a rough estimate of how many they have to put through each house each night. The number is staggering and I don't know any rides with that capacity.

Express is the only way to go unless they drastically increase capacity.

I'm not sure how much the new Express prices will affect waits, attendance will only go up this year. Maybe not having a direct repeat like AWIL will help?

Im sitting here thinking, no matter how much it cost its still gonna be crowded as hell! The folks who come will find a way to pay for it all lol. Lucky for me, I live not too far away (5-6 hours) so I always get the FFP+ and generally do like 5 nights of the event. I haven't brought an express in YEARS, but have been given complimentary expresses for the last 2 years, as I have learned how to navigate the event and always hit everything each night including B&T.

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
No one else is excited for the Ultimate Frequent Fear pass? I've been wanting an option like that for a long time.

Every year I am tempted to add-on Express (but I never do), but this year I am not tempted at all. Those prices decided no for me.

I'd rather just go as many nights as I want (I live 15 minutes away) and casually walk around and do a few houses, etc.

Reactions: s8film40
No one else is excited for the Ultimate Frequent Fear pass? I've been wanting an option like that for a long time.

Every year I am tempted to add-on Express (but I never do), but this year I am not tempted at all. Those prices decided no for me.

I'd rather just go as many nights as I want (I live 15 minutes away) and casually walk around and do a few houses, etc.
Yeah I'm kind of on the fence, but I am really happy they added that pass. I did 25 nights last year not sure I actually want to do more than that.

Hi guys,
I try to buy a HHN admission from France on the Orlando HHN Website, many many times, but I never succeed since yesterday to pay on the website ???
Do you experience the same problems ?
Thanks for your answer

Zilliq