HHN 26: Ticket, RIP Tours, and Pass Information | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 26: Ticket, RIP Tours, and Pass Information

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sunday opening weekend seems like it would sell more tickets--and much more beer and merch--than an early October Wednesday when schools aren't out the next day. Unless there's a service day or UCF holiday I'm unaware of.

I still say Sunday has become the #2 peak day behind Saturday.

Still doesn't change the fact they took away a date after people planned for one for the past 2 months.
Has anyone called them out on it? I imagine they'd reap the benefits...

Or, universal just won't care.

Select dates. Subject to change. Tickets weren't even on sale 2 months ago....?

Has anyone called them out on it? I imagine they'd reap the benefits...

Or, universal just won't care.

Select dates. Subject to change. Tickets weren't even on sale 2 months ago....?

Yea, we've asked on Twitter and e-mailed. Several others have too. No response.

As far as "Subject to Change", that just means Universal is off the hook for refunding and the like. Doesn't change it being bad form though.

Granted this only impacts an iota of people. :lol:

Reactions: SeventyOne
Yea, we've asked on Twitter and e-mailed. Several others have too. No response.

As far as "Subject to Change", that just means Universal is off the hook for refunding and the like. Doesn't change it being bad form though.

Granted this only impacts an iota of people. :lol:
It really sucks.

But because it's not me I'm just laughing, haha. Which I know is terrible.

Meh.

If you choose opening weekend I have little to no sympathy for you.

That's a bit harsh, some people are locked into having to go opening weekend due to work! I am one of these people. I HAVE to be in the country for my haunts press night, and I HAVE to be back in the country for my haunts opening night....which is October 1st which means I have a window of 2 weeks in September to go to Florida.... If I had the choice I'd be going in October when more Haunts are open!

Reactions: Mad Dog
That's a bit harsh, some people are locked into having to go opening weekend due to work! I am one of these people. I HAVE to be in the country for my haunts press night, and I HAVE to be back in the country for my haunts opening night....which is October 1st which means I have a window of 2 weeks in September to go to Florida.... If I had the choice I'd be going in October when more Haunts are open!

Agreed. It is not nice to laugh at other people when Universal did a crappy thing by pulling a date that was advertised. People make plans based on dates. They don't care it is opening weekend and actors are tired. They are not even thinking of those things when booking. I think it was poor planning on Universal, if they thought it was going to be an issue they should have never put it on the schedule in the first place. I don't see any good reason for them to now remove it after people planned their vacations around it.

Agreed. It is not nice to laugh at other people when Universal did a crappy thing by pulling a date that was advertised. People make plans based on dates. They don't care it is opening weekend and actors are tired. They are not even thinking of those things when booking. I think it was poor planning on Universal, if they thought it was going to be an issue they should have never put it on the schedule in the first place. I don't see any good reason for them to now remove it after people planned their vacations around it.
I know you love to paint me as a maniacally laughing baby eater who throws feces at parents, but my "laughing" is just me thinking that if this happened to you (and you CHOSE it) you have responsibility in the manner. Call the 800 number.

People don't think about the fact it's opening weekend before booking? Excuse me?

2 calendars showed 2 different things. And you're also booking something before tickets go on sale. Dates are subject to change. does that make it suck any less? No. But its a gamble. Sometimes you win sometimes you lose.

Losing a night of HHN isn't the end of the world - please don't treat it as such.

Last edited:
I know you love to paint me as a maniacally laughing baby eater who throws feces at parents, but my "laughing" is just me thinking that if this happened to you (and you CHOSE it) you have responsibility in the manner. Call the 800 number. They'll tell you it's not open.

People don't think about the fact it's opening weekend before booking? Excuse me?

2 calendars showed 2 different things. And you're also booking something before tickets go on sale. Dates are subject to change. does that make it suck any less? No. But its a gamble. Sometimes you win sometimes you lose.

Losing a night of HHN isn't the end of the world - please don't treat it as such.

You yourself said you were laughing, I didn't have to paint a picture.

The universal website still today has September 18th listed in 2 places. On the event page on Universal talking about the event AND where you can purchase tickets for the event. So tickets are on sale and they still have the dates up there. I am not sure how in any way the people booking their trip in advance (so they can actually GET a hotel and ask for time off of work) should be blamed for Universal changing their mind and removing a day. There is no reason they should be removing a day. Opening weekend is not an excuse. They knew it was opening weekend when they published the dates. So that should not be a reason.

Reactions: graspthesun
You yourself said you were laughing, I didn't have to paint a picture.

The universal website still today has September 18th listed in 2 places. On the event page on Universal talking about the event AND where you can purchase tickets for the event. So tickets are on sale and they still have the dates up there. I am not sure how in any way the people booking their trip in advance (so they can actually GET a hotel and ask for time off of work) should be blamed for Universal changing their mind and removing a day. There is no reason they should be removing a day. Opening weekend is not an excuse. They knew it was opening weekend when they published the dates. So that should not be a reason.

Yes. I said laughing and I was being sarcastic/hyperbolic. Your perception of me is your reality, no matter what I say. Step back and take a joke.

Universal can do whatever they please. Terms and conditions. Point. Blank. Period.

Please try and buy a ticket via their site. You can buy an add-in ticket - and that's it ATM (online).

If you can't pick up your phone and call and ask them as you book your vacation - I have zero sympathy for a dumb tourist/planner.

MOD EDIT: No need for "Stroller" comment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please try and buy a ticket via their site. You can buy an add-in ticket - and that's it ATM (online).

If you can't pick up your phone and call and ask them as you book your vacation - I have zero sympathy for a dumb tourist/planner.

Highly disagree. What Universal places on their website should be accurate where tourists shouldn't have to call and clarify. Believe it or not, corporations do not want you calling and clogging up the phones. They'd rather have customers navigate their way to book their own vacation and only call with special needs.

Highly disagree. What Universal places on their website should be accurate where tourists shouldn't have to call and clarify. Believe it or not, corporations do not want you calling and clogging up the phones. They'd rather have customers navigate their way to book their own vacation and only call with special needs.
I don't want to call either. But if/when I see conflicting information - I call.

I don't want to call either. But if/when I see conflicting information - I call.

But my issue is I went in to two different places and saw the 18th. I didn't find the spot you all are talking about where the 18th is not there. So if I was a tourist and went to Universal website, click on Events, then HHN it leads me to a page that says the 18th. Then I click on Visit Blah for more information, then click on Tickets to see what I can buy, it again says the 18th. So they would never know to call since there would be no conflicting information for them.

Something tells me this isn't the last of this convo... :lol:

Thanks for calling though. Did they say why 18th was off the site?
Who knows. Probably just general error/oversight.

I'm sure someone was just lazy and went off typical calendars. Much easier to leave one off than add one on, yea....?

I talked to 3 people and the call lasted a bit. I'd be surprised (but not shocked) if it wasn't the last of this conversation either.

Based on past years, I'm figuring on passholder nights the last week of September. Safe bet?

The pass holder early entry event was a complete bust last year. Did it opening night, was one of the first 50 that showed up. Walked onto walking dead then when we got out purge was already overy 30 and skipped it to go wait 30 or so for insidious. Skipped it the second night and instead waited at Lucy for monster and it was a ghost town. I am not going to bother with pass holder thing this year unless I use it to get in people without universal day tickets early.

Reactions: SeventyOne

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts