What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 27: American Horror Story

I am so glad this is back as a 3 pack! Makes this year's HHN trip a guarantee for me. How did everyone like AHS 1's transitions from last year? Do you think we'll get a(n) Asylum + Louisiana mansion/Baton Rogue + Roanoke facades inside the building or will it be a less formal transition?

Very happy. Asylum was my favorite season, followed by Roanoke.

Absolutely agree!! As far as the transitions, I thought they were pretty seamless and everything flowed nicely. I watched the walk thru of Hollywood and wasn't as impressed as much as I was with Orlando. Maybe it was being able to experience it in person vs watching an amature walk thru online

Glad to see this is back. I know everybody looooved this maze last year, but I had trouble following the transitions between stories (I'll blame the booze). The best part was the leathermen coming at you.

I promise myself each year I'll add one more trip each season to try and go sober(ish) so I can remember everything, but that never works..

I am so glad this is back as a 3 pack! Makes this year's HHN trip a guarantee for me. How did everyone like AHS 1's transitions from last year? Do you think we'll get a(n) Asylum + Louisiana mansion/Baton Rogue + Roanoke facades inside the building or will it be a less formal transition?

Absolutely agree!! As far as the transitions, I thought they were pretty seamless and everything flowed nicely. I watched the walk thru of Hollywood and wasn't as impressed as much as I was with Orlando. Maybe it was being able to experience it in person vs watching an amature walk thru online

I am guessing we get some facades, like the circus tent last year, but I am pretty much expecting the transitions to be the exact same with the opening credits and music as during the UTH Tour they said they designed it that way because the openings to each season are so iconic. Honestly, the worst transition last year was heading into the demon's head during Freakshow and finding yourself in the museum rather than the actual circus. It was very jarring. As long as they do not cram anything that noticeably off into this year's house, I have full faith in the transitions between each season.

As long as they do not cram anything that noticeably off into this year's house, I have full faith in the transitions between each season.

That's what I'm afraid of with the Coven part of the house. There's some strong visuals from the opening credits and specific scenes from that season but I'm sure it'll be the weakest in terms of scares.

The Marie Lavau stuff could work really well, although the Delphine LaLaurie stuff is probably too racist. That and the Ax Man story line. I'm excited about this. They did a really good job with last year's AHS house.

That Bull Monster will probably also be involved... and the voodoo guy... what was his name?

The Marie Lavau stuff could work really well, although the Delphine LaLaurie stuff is probably too racist. That and the Ax Man story line. I'm excited about this. They did a really good job with last year's AHS house.

It's only racist if they make LaLaurie in the house racist. I'm sure they're going to have to make adjustments since she's too much of a big player in Season 3.

I think when it comes to adapting media, such as S3 of Coven with the subject of race, people aren't going to complain if the house features some of the aspects. I mean Lalaurie's evilness came from killing her slaves and the character itself is based off a real historical figure.

I think when it comes to adapting media, such as S3 of Coven with the subject of race, people aren't going to complain if the house features some of the aspects. I mean Lalaurie's evilness came from killing her slaves and the character itself is based off a real historical figure.
Plus, the racism was used as a historical reality, and it was used to further how LaLaurie was a vile woman, so it is not like it was inappropriate or that it condoned it.

A few thoughts on this house:

This will feature 2 of my favorite seasons (Asylum and Coven). I'm a bit afraid that Asylum may be seen as a "rehash" of Body Collectors in terms of thematic. This might not be a bad thing, as Body Collectors have been some of my favorite houses. I really hope that they work in some of the 1960s-era feel to this part, as that could provide a unique twist (and the entire alien-abduction thing too). I really hope they work in the "Name Game" song at some point :)

For Coven, there are so many directions this could go - so I trust that the creative team will have fun with this one and provide a stellar experience.

I have not seen Roanoke - just as long as it's not like Cannibal Colony, I'll be fine.