What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 27: Ash vs Evil Dead

I hope this gag returns in this house:

9QSbRB6.gif

I've previously seen all of both AvED seasons 1 and 2, but I've been slowly re-watching starting from the beginning. Through S1E4, here's some content that I could see being used inside this house:

While probably not practical due to actor safety, I'd love to see an actor portraying Amanda's partner "hanging" on the wall as he becomes possessed by a deadite after being impaled on some antlers:
ekUEKHX.jpg

I think the "Books From Beyond" storefront could possibly make for a decent mid-house transitional facade:
czS6HGu.jpg

and once "inside," you'd obviously encounter the storekeeper:
QXPmaqo.jpg

what would this house be without some demons? Here's Eligos:
nG4FkDa.jpg

All of the above is from just the first 4 (of 20) episodes. There really is a ton of content to pull from this show. I'm expecting a very solid house.

All I care about is the morgue scene. Man thats has to be in this house!

It is.

From the video description:

The STARZ original series, Ash vs Evil Dead, expertly blurs the line between horror and comedy. You’ll get both bloody, campy seasons in this house. Emphasis on bloody. Try and keep up with Ash as he battles demons and deadites armed with his fueled chainsaw. You’ll howl with terror and laughter as you witness carnage, mayhem and gut-busting one-liners. When you’re face-to-face with evil, you better have a wicked sense of humor. But you’ll need more than well-aimed wisecracks as stomach-turning, tentacle-like intestines pursue you and Ash in the morgue and at the cabin in the woods. It’s a scream.

the house pretty much just does season 1, I Know there are things from season 2 of course. but most of the rooms and characters were from season 1 as far as I could tell

I really need to catch up with Ash before I head to HHN in Oct

Does it get better after the first episode? Literally just started watching during my lunch break and it was tough to get into. The last scene with the fighting finally peaked my interest so I'm going to give it another episode or two. Maybe I'll enlist the help of my friend mary j tonight, seems like a good show for that

I have just the 1 episode in myself as I got caught up watching Season 2 of The Expanse but I enjoyed the first ep

The last scene with the fighting finally peaked my interest so I'm going to give it another episode or two.

Episode one was a lot of set-up to get Ash up to speed on where he needs to be at this point in his life. If you liked the last few scenes, you'll probably like the rest. Plus, season two gets bat-crap crazy at some points.

My thoughts:
You'll be reminiscing about this house in 10 years. It's that good.

Whew, there are some hot Ash's inside this house! One of my favorites of the year because it feels completely different to some of the comedy houses of the past. It's the perfect blend of horror, light-hearted comedy, and attitude. I wish more of the scare zones had the kind of energy that this house does. It just feels like HHN to me.

My thoughts:
You'll be reminiscing about this house in 10 years. It's that good.

Whew, there are some hot Ash's inside this house! One of my favorites of the year because it feels completely different to some of the comedy houses of the past. It's the perfect blend of horror, light-hearted comedy, and attitude. I wish more of the scare zones had the kind of energy that this house does. It just feels like HHN to me.

Agreed. One of the best IP-to-house translations they've done IMO.

Does it get better after the first episode? Literally just started watching during my lunch break and it was tough to get into. The last scene with the fighting finally peaked my interest so I'm going to give it another episode or two. Maybe I'll enlist the help of my friend mary j tonight, seems like a good show for that

it gets a lot better. It gets kind of crazy in some episodes and pretty goofy (in a good way ) in other episodes.
there is definitely better stuff than the first episode. the last 3 episodes are pretty epic and insane

I also think season 1 is much stronger than season 2. season one has cooler stuff

Am I the only one who really disliked this house. I loved the show, and the house did a good job at capturing the comedy element. But at the same time there was so much they missed from the show. There's some scenes in this house that are unnecessary to be there and should be a different scene. Also, this house is all over the place time wise. You enter in the facade at season 2, then all of a sudden you're back in the first episode of season 1. Then you're in 2, then back to one. It was incredibly jarring. This house also had no scare element to it. I went through it 3 times over the weekend and didn't get scared once. And I'm the biggest jumper in my group. The ending with Ashy Slashy made no sense, he should have been in the asylum part. Which wasn't even in the maze. Characters I was looking forward to seeing aren't in the maze. And the maze should've been an absolute gore fest with water effects, and there were none. I will admit I really liked the music though. And I'm glad we didn't censor anything on our coast.

I've seen the first two episodes (they were awesome IMO), but sadly I haven't seen the rest (can't find it for free sadly). Fortunately I've seen the trilogy so close enough. From the POV, this looks like a blast--a "groovy" one at that. ;)

the house pretty much just does season 1, I Know there are things from season 2 of course. but most of the rooms and characters were from season 1 as far as I could tell

?
"Ashy Slashy is gonna kill us all!"
Morgue scene
Going back to the cabin
Pablo getting BOTD'ed all over his face

Man, I really wanted to love this house. As I've pointed out in earlier posts, I feel that the series presents lots of interesting source material to pull from, and I thought it would translate pretty well to a haunted attraction. Yeah... not so much.

• Really cool seeing Ash's possessed Oldsmobile Delta out in front of the entrance.
  • Nice soundtrack for the house. Like hearing Bruce Campbell's actual voice used with the actors' prompts, too.
  • Ruby's 'children,' Henrietta and Pablo at the end of the house on one of the casts takes this from a below-average house to a slightly enjoyable one for me. I'm not 100% sure which cast, so I'm not going to say which cast I believe is better.
  • The Eligos demon scene is cool, but it feels really cramped (especially in a house that seems to have some wasted space) and is timing-dependent.
  • The shed scene with Linda's head in a vice is really well done, but I think would be better if it was designed as a distraction/scare.
  • The Amanda carrying a severed head just after the "I'm in the butt!" Ash does a really good job of scaring.
  • The Amanda "Hello pussies!" scene is fun, but takes up a lot of space.
  • The chained basement door in the cabin is really hard to see (poor lighting/too much fog) and it seems the pneumatics aren't set strongly enough to rattle the door sufficiently.
  • As stated above, there's a decent amount of 'wasted' space throughout this house.
  • Not enough deadites. At the very least, Lem (in the bunker) with a flare would be an easy/effective add. If they could have figured out somehow to make it look like he was breathing fire, that might have set it over the top.
  • What's up with the random girl in sweater screaming at the end of one of the hallways?
  • Where's Ruby and Baal?
  • I would have liked seeing the asylum patient version of Ash. A scene or two with this Ash+Ruby+Baal+Ashy Slashy would really add to this house, imo.
  • The Ashy Slashy puppet is surprisingly easy to miss at the end of the house. Feels like adding the puppet was probably an afterthought. Bonus points for using "I'm Your Puppet" here, though!
  • The balance is skewed too heavily towards comedy than to scares. I think it's right around 70/30, whereas something closer to 50/50 would have produced a better house, imo.