HHN 27: Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure Farewell Tour | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 27: Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure Farewell Tour

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
“Gentlemen … we’re history.” - Rufus

16 years and a month or so ago, I went to my first Halloween Horror Nights. This was literally weeks after 9/11—for those too young to remember, to say Orlando was on edge is an understatement. I still remember my friend Jen and I being the only people in the Adventurers Club the night PI re-opened, a show of solidarity with her fiancé Mike who had to bartend. At HHN, looking to get off our feet, we saw a sign for “Bill & Ted’s Excellent Halloween Adventure.” I was somewhat familiar with the cheesy movies that inspired it, they ran on HBO a lot in the 80s and appealed to my dumb-but-smart sense of humor, but I’ll be honest, getting off our feet was the primary motivation that evening.

The show began with Osama Bin Laden coming out and yelling gibberish, as the subtitles behind him grew more and more surreal. As he ranted, the camel he’d brought out split apart into two guys, dressed like Alex Winter and Keanu Reeves ca. 1985, who proceeded to beat the hell out of him. They then turned to us, breaking the fourth wall, and shouted, “Happy Halloween audience dudes!” It was perfect. It gave us permission to laugh, to have fun, to leave all the tension of the past month behind for 35 minutes.

I’ve been back to see the show every year since. From 2006 on, many times each year. Could probably recite the script from any of the past 10 years from memory. Friends and I still throw random B&T quotes out every week. It’s no exaggeration to say opening and closing shows generally end up in my top 10 nights of the year.

At its best, the show offered side-splitting and insightful commentary on pop culture in general, and Orlando’s unique theme park culture in particular. At its worst—when it was all dumb-as-hell dick and douche-cano jokes and sexy people dancing—it was still a ton of fun. And you could count on the cast to bring their A-game every night. The single best theme park show I’ve seen. As an attraction, in the same rarified air as Mansion, Spidey and a certain bar whose closing also stung.

Tonight or tomorrow will be my last adventure with those most excellent dudes Bill & Ted. I’ll go for closure and to cheer so loudly it blows the windows out over on the Turkey Lake Road office buildings. But inside my heart will be breaking. This show is one of the few things that has kept me sane during my time in Orlando.

To any past or present cast who happen to read this, thank you. And to all the fellow fans I’ve met in the last 17 years … be excellent to one another. And party on, dudes!

The annual passholder show they had last night (err very early this morning) was off the charts good.

Apparently there's people already by Springfield/Animal Actors waiting for the final show.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reposting what I wrote in the HHN Gen Disc thread..

Last night was incredible, between the HHNMeetup (only made it to the second round) and then the 1:30AM show.. it was pretty emotional, lots of standing ovations, cool insertions of UOAP stuff and the audience saying the punchlines of the jokes together. I'll never forget last night, sad to see B&T go. I genuinely believe they'll bring back the show in some form within 5-10 years because of how loved it is.

Also for the UOAP show last night:

I don't know who the guy is (I believe the lead writer/director?) but he started off by sharing some BTS info about the show, including all the easter eggs. Then he said that him and Aiello put together a video montage of most (if not all) B&T's throughout the years so they can play it before the last shows tomorrow. But then he said they're also going to share it with us, the UOAP show (the video played before the show). Aiello did the first half of the video last year and then this guy finished it off.

im sorry i have to say this to all bill and ted hhn fans it getting to point i think ending the show was right thing to do bill and ted does not make hhn great. Yeah it going to be miss because of the history but it time to move and accept change and it drive me sick to see a petrion going out there to save bill and ted it time to move on and accept change.

Last edited:
im sorry i have to say this to all bill and ted fan hhn fans it getting to point i think ending the show was right thing to do bill and ted does not make hhn great yeah it going to be miss because of the history bur it time time to move and accept change and it drive me sinck there a petrion out there to save bill and ted it time to move on and accept change

I'm sorry I have to say to you please use proper punctuation, grammar, and sentence structure if you want others to understand your opinions.

Reactions: MattA
here what i meant to say

i have to say this to all bill and ted fans but i think ending the show was right thing to do bill and ted does not make hhn great. Yeah it going to be miss because of the history but it time to move and accept change and it drive me sick to see a petrion going out there to save bill and ted it time to move on and accept change.

Same for me on that front. I do agree with @timbo8, even with the horrid punctuation, that while the show has been iconic; things happen for reasons that for some cases, may be out of control. And that in an event that changes up every year, it's good to see something that as far as I hear; has it's ups and downs, has it's time to rest.

It's done enough for the past 27 years, and that while it will be remembered fondly as an OG element of Horror Nights, change is always something that will be welcome in my opinion.

Reactions: TDBLMT
im sorry i have to say this to all bill and ted hhn fans it getting to point i think ending the show was right thing to do bill and ted does not make hhn great. Yeah it going to be miss because of the history but it time to move and accept change and it drive me sick to see a petrion going out there to save bill and ted it time to move on and accept change.
That's a great way of looking at it...I feel fans can sometimes tend to want to keep the "old stuff" just because they're comfortable with it...We were all prepared for the inevitable with the FFL theater...If people really don't want to go again because Bill and Ted is gone, then they have that choice...I think it's better to end it and move on before it becomes awful *glares at Walking Dead*

This should be played at the end of the last show tbh.

They did. They played it as the crowd was leaving.

I’m not gonna lie this was emotional for me. I started seeing the show only seven years ago. Saw it with my dad, and it’s a big reason he’s joined me for a night at HHN at least once each year. These are memories I’ll always hold dear. I think Grim put it perfectly: “it’s dumb as hell but it’s always fun.”

I’m sorely going to miss it, but I’m so thankful I got to be at that final show.