Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 27: Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure Farewell Tour

Finally home after the 1:30 TM performance (which really was 2:30-ish by the time they actually started). I could hear the Last show going crazy as far as the Hive/Scarecrow entrances. For any of you that were there, y'all were LOUD. The cast deserved it.

It was a bittersweet show for me. They did so much extra throughout the show and just generally messed around (Bringing back their version of "Let it Go" from 2014 after Moana sings was great). It was great, but it all became real when you could start to hear everyone's voice crack at the end of the show. Specifically the moment between Death and Bill at the end was especially sad. Both were fighting back tears and weren't winning. Also seeing Bill and Ted (specifically those two that have been doing it for quite some time now) say "Be excellent to each other and party on, dudes" for the last time was pretty hard to watch.

It was an emotional roller coaster and it will be insanely weird to start a Horror Nights next year and Bill & Ted not be a part of it, but we must march on. Honestly, back in 1991, who would've ever thought this show would last 26 years? No one. You never know when you're going to run into success or failure, but maybe a new show will surprise people.

When you guys wake up tomorrow, this all may seem like a dream. But it was a dream you were lucky enough to have. :)

Sure Bill and Ted leaving is fine and all.... my only worry for the next 10 months will be what replaces it or if Anything replaces it...
thats the problem, i cant think of anything good enough from universals past acts to make a good comeback, or any new show that would be good enough
My worry as well. With FFL stadium likely going and Animal actors going, the only place to even do a show is where they do Grinchmas. With Universal starting their Holiday celebration earlier and earlier now, I don't see how they could even do that.

I'll be surprised if there's anything more than Academy of Villans next year. The only place is SS33 and they use that for events too much to use for HHN.

Been watching Bill and Ted since 2002 so tonight was bittersweet for me. Drove up from Miami just to watch the 12:30 show which went over an hour! I’m very grateful for all the great memories over the years and will miss it.
Just curious, was Taylor Swift on the back of Spicer's fan(?) during that show or was it someone a little more... prominent?

With FFL stadium likely going and Animal actors going, the only place to even do a show is where they do Grinchmas. With Universal starting their Holiday celebration earlier and earlier now, I don't see how they could even do that.

I'll be surprised if there's anything more than Academy of Villans next year. The only place is SS33 and they use that for events too much to use for HHN.

2018 will definitely be a rough year for Ent, but the new venue going where T2 was should become the primary HHN theater in 2019. Whatever the hell that is, your guess is as good as mine.

I'm going to guess that research will be mining heavily into seeing what guests are missing or what they might want after a year without a sit down show next year. So if you want another comedy show, be sure to do any survey or find research TMs when they're outside around that time. I pray that they don't go the Jabbawockeez route... I know there are people at USH who like the show but the contrast isn't there. The great thing about Bill and Ted is that it provided levity. Hopefully Universal will have a decent compromise in a couple years.

Last edited:
I pray that they don't go the Jabbawockeez route... I know there are people at USH who like the show but the contrast isn't there. The great thing about Bill and Ted is that it provided levity. Hopefully Universal will have a decent compromise in a couple years.
I hope they don't go that direction either. AoV is too similar, anyway.

And yeah, whether you liked the show or you didn't, B&T always provided a nice place to sit down, have a few laughs, and just get away from the madness for 45 minutes in the "historic Fear Factor theater" :lol:

I hope they don't go that direction either. AoV is too similar, anyway.

And yeah, whether you liked the show or you didn't, B&T always provided a nice place to sit down, have a few laughs, and just get away from the madness for 45 minutes in the "historic Fear Factor theater" :lol:

huh...when I first saw B&T it was in the theater that had some wild west stunt show or something?!?

:D

Thankful I got to witness the 12:30 showing last night. There was so much energy from the cast and audience and it was thoroughly entertaining to see the cast ad lib or crack up laughing. At one point towards the beginning, Spicer said something along the lines of "I don't even know where we are in the show" because of the constant cheering and chanting from the audience. Seeing Elsa and Doc Brown were definitely highlights and the "I'll be back" exchange between Dr. Evil and Bill was tough.
Overall, this show is truly something to be remembered and I'm glad that it was given one last hoorah before leaving rather than just not coming back.

Figured I'd highlight the last show:

First off, they had all hands on deck. Seems like anyone that was a part of the show, even the backups, were a part of that last show.
  • Spicer had a picture of the actual Spicer instead of Harry Styles.
  • Instead of the Taylor Swift paddle being butthurt, it was Trump.
  • Betty White showed up, then ran away when Grim said he wanted to say Hi.
  • Power Rangers formed a human megazord, with "genitalia".
  • Eleven was updated to her Season 2 look.
  • Baywatch people did some rather intimate exercising positions.
  • Rick was greeted by Doc Brown.
  • Trash Panda "puppet died".
  • Grim won Rock, Scissors, Paper. Did 2 out 3. Ted won.
  • When Bill came back to life, he listed recently closed Disney things and Grim killed him again. Brought him back, then Bill said "this show......"
  • Moana had 2 "waters", and was joined by Elsa for a HHN 24 callback for an encore.
  • Spicer came out with the Chewbacca mask - calling back to Chewbacca mom (Grim joked "How many characters did you play?")
  • Sex Tail guy played up the crowd - let the crowd tell the whole joke.
  • Not a planned joke - but Kendall Jenner lost her wig running - and they kinda played off that.
  • Dr. Evil listed all Universal attractions that closed, even "Poseidon's Fury - but the one with Zeus".
  • Bill then asked "What about Terminator?" Dr. Evil played dumb and asked what it was. Bill replied "You know with that guy that says 'I'll be back'" to which Evil hit back "No, YOU won't".
  • Before the dance sequence, Bill & Ted addressed each other by their real names (PJ & Jason) to say that "It's been an excellent adventure".
  • The final dance number saw all the supporting cast dressed as either Bill & Ted and came out to dance in the crowd. When the show ended, they each went to hug Jason & PJ before heading to the back. Rufus came out to say it's time to go. They all thanked the crowd and said to remember to be "Excellent to each other", and "Party on, dudes!". They closed the show by playing "God Gave Rock'N'Roll To You" from Bogus Journey.
The scene between Grim and Bill about it all being a dream seemed to be the point where the cast started getting choked up. You can hear Bill and Grim's voice starting to crack a bit. Apparently the TM show is where they all completely lost it.

We'll have more about our thoughts on the show tomorrow - but at least you have that for now. :lol:

Since it’s finally happened it’s hitting way harder than I thought it would. I’d argue this is the tied with GMR as the deepest loss this year in Orlando theme parks. I’m a total wreck.
Take one aspirin and five Bacardi Rum 151's and coke, and you'll forget all about it. :):cheers:

Since it’s finally happened it’s hitting way harder than I thought it would. I’d argue this is the tied with GMR as the deepest loss this year in Orlando theme parks. I’m a total wreck.

As someone who's attended many things and events over the course of my 33 years on Earth, last night was probably one of the most unforgettable moments of my theme park life.

As someone who's attended many things and events over the course of my 33 years on Earth, last night was probably one of the most unforgettable moments of my theme park life.

We’ve been talking on iMessage tonight but even then I’m still a mess. It all feels too real now.