Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 28: Stranger Things

So I’m a little confused, with the house open today is it being staffed with scare actors or is it just a walkthrough? I was under the impression it’s just a walkthrough of the sets with the lights on.

So I’m a little confused, with the house open today is it being staffed with scare actors or is it just a walkthrough? I was under the impression it’s just a walkthrough of the sets with the lights on.

From those who have been in, it seems to be about as near to the same house that was in HHN28, actor's and all.

Just a few hours left...

It’s not a real 60. Actually, it might be for express, but certainly not Stand-by. It’s said 60 ever since I got here yet I’ve been through 3 times in only an hour and a half.

Tons of energy from the cast btw. All my runs have been great and ops is really just letting you go at your own pace.

All of this said, most of the people in line are APs or TMs. Not a true test of the general public, imo. Although I do think ST will eventually be a daily ops maze like TWD in Hollywood.

It’s not a real 60. Actually, it might be for express, but certainly not Stand-by. It’s said 60 ever since I got here yet I’ve been through 3 times in only an hour and a half.

Tons of energy from the cast btw. All my runs have been great and ops is really just letting you go at your own pace.

All of this said, most of the people in line are APs or TMs. Not a true test of the general public, imo. Although I do think ST will eventually be a daily ops maze like TWD in Hollywood.
Waited 20 for Express/AP. They’re holding the standby for long stretches to let Express in, so I would guess it’s around 40-ish min for standby even though it says hour.

The only way I could see it become permanent is if the park is desperate for capacity should KidZone and Shrek really both close this coming year

It’s easier to staff generic zombies than show specific face characters. Also the house is not built for 365 day useage.

When I asked about doing it year-round, I got a hearty chuckle and a response “no way it could stand up that long.”

These things aren’t made to last.

But, I’m sure Universal sees just how big this IP was for them this year.

It’s easier to staff generic zombies than show specific face characters. Also the house is not built for 365 day useage.
I know this version isn’t... it was built for this specific HHN period. The sets and props wouldn’t last daily use. I’m speaking that I just expect at SOME POINT we’ll get a permanent maze. Might not be StrTh, but I see it happening.

I have no point of reference since I didn’t attend the event this year, but my one time through seemed like one of the best run throughs I’ve maybe ever had of an HHN house. The flow through the house was great, ops wasn’t pushy at all literally just standing there in case needed. Everyone was walking through at a fairly slow pace and the groups ahead of and behind us ended up out of sight within the first few moments. The demegorgans were really aggressive, the first hall in I heard my wife behind me comment “it touched me!”. Indeed later through the run they got right in front of me and I got a few gentle nudges myself. It was great to see that in an HHN house!