Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 28: Stranger Things

Oh yeah... and how are they handling families with small children? I assume this is a terrifying house...
They had a child swap. The first row of switchbacks by the building was left empty and created a space for people to wait that was open to the entrance and the exit area.CB2DE48F-D884-4A7E-87FD-2B02A2177FA9.jpeg
BF663B2A-476C-4BE2-9ACD-A12122D4E663.jpeg

So uh, what was the intention behind opening this up during the day?

I always feel like their testing something out when they do stuff like this

So uh, what was the intention behind opening this up during the day?

I always feel like their testing something out when they do stuff like this
I think because of the push from Netflix for Stranger Things day it’s hard to say. If it wasn’t for that then it would obviously be a test to see how a house would do during the day or with regular crowds. So the question is how much of this was Universal pushing to do something extra and how much was from Netflix trying to push to promote their marketing campaign.

Either was it’s clear Universal is watching it closely. I saw several management people and creative people in the house watching.

Hypothetically speaking, if Universal decides to close multiple attractions at once they would need the extra capacity to spread crowds. Here's the issue though: all the rumored/proposed closures (FFL, Shrek, KidZone) are all family/children experiences. Which is why I find it odd for Universal to open a HHN maze "for capacity" when it's not the intended audience. It could work as just a walkthrough without characters and just lights/effects on.

Hypothetically speaking, if Universal decides to close multiple attractions at once they would need the extra capacity to spread crowds. Here's the issue though: all the rumored/proposed closures (FFL, Shrek, KidZone) are all family/children experiences. Which is why I find it odd for Universal to open a HHN maze "for capacity" when it's not the intended audience. It could work as just a walkthrough without characters and just lights/effects on.

They do have a spooky but still kid-friendly IP at their disposal ... Scooby Doo. Pure speculation, but end it with a multiple room meet & greet, it's a thought as a temporary thing.

@Alicia! Saw your ParkStop post...didn't know about such a rumor, but I wouldn't mind such a house happening, with the right tools. Is there any particular reason why seemingly none of the IPs brought in for HHN have just never become attractions?

@Alicia! Saw your ParkStop post...didn't know about such a rumor, but I wouldn't mind such a house happening, with the right tools. Is there any particular reason why seemingly none of the IPs brought in for HHN have just never become attractions?
Well, in Hollywood, The Walking Dead did get a year-round haunted house... But for the most part, the IPs used for HHN or only ever written as short-term contracts that last only during the the event. Also, many of those IPs don't have the draw big enough to last all year, the way that The Walking Dead did in its hayday, and Stranger Things does now.