Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: Stranger Things

Casting call that went out for the ST house. My guess is that this isn’t the full list of scarectora we will see in the house and that they’ve already cast/recast the rest of the kids/adults from last year’s house?

I imagine any one who played a kid in the first one and came back got immediately put back in that role. It's hard enough to cast these kind of iconic face characters, so you may as well try to make it as easy as possible.

View attachment 10129

Casting call that went out for the ST house. My guess is that this isn’t the full list of scarectora we will see in the house and that they’ve already cast/recast the rest of the kids/adults from last year’s house?
im thought of scenes where eleven, lucas, steve, billy, and hopper can appear.
eleven will likely appear in the closing the gate scene and the cabin fight.
Lucas probably appears in the starcourt battle with the slingshot.
Steve will be in the junkyard fight in season 2.
Billy will be in the "sauna test" room. (maybe he can appear in the Byer's living room as a reference to the fight?)
Hopper will most likely be in the tunnels.

Last edited:
I imagine any one who played a kid in the first one and came back got immediately put back in that role. It's hard enough to cast these kind of iconic face characters, so you may as well try to make it as easy as possible.

Exactly my thinking...

I feel like the promotional picture only features the kids as the primary characters but we'll see Joyce, Hopper and the others as well in the house like we did last year with Hopper, Joyce, Steve at certain times and Nancy and others if so.

View attachment 10096

This new poster looks really cool, it’s got the Demodogs on the bottom and it looks like we might see the monster from the new season by the look of the top of the poster as well which makes me wonder we might see them do battle with monster in not only the Starcourt Mall but also in Hoppers Cabin which are both good scenes to see in the house.

Is the boy not Dustin ? Will? Or Mike? Someone is missing?
Dummy. I see him now. Old lady eyes failing me

Season 3 was the best so far. I was feeling around episode 4 or 5 it was dragging a little but the ending 2 episodes were amazing. I honest think they could have ended the series this season, but I know the money train keeps on moving. Hopefully they don't try to milk it. Also I know a lot of people complained about the marketing product placements and tie ins, but I think that is the call back to the 80's. I think movies and TV really started doing that and the nostalgia hits the right beats. I love the Scoops Ahoy tie in with Baskin Robins in Burbank, sadly it ended on Sunday.

(Loaded question) Okay so we all know that Ghostbusters has been officially announced and we know, through rumor maps and such, that it will be going in SS 22, where ST things was last year and that ST is going in SS 25, where Poltergeist was last year. Just looking at the SS map, 25 looks a lot bigger than 22. Because ST now has that bigger space, and will reportedly feature scenes from both S2 and 3, will the house be significantly bigger than last year, or will they just use up space as necessary? Because, someone correct me if I am wrong, but I heard that A&D doesn't use up all the soundstage space for every house they produce, if they don't have to (i.e. Poltergeist)

(Loaded question) Okay so we all know that Ghostbusters has been officially announced and we know, through rumor maps and such, that it will be going in SS 22, where ST things was last year and that ST is going in SS 25, where Poltergeist was last year. Just looking at the SS map, 25 looks a lot bigger than 22. Because ST now has that bigger space, and will reportedly feature scenes from both S2 and 3, will the house be significantly bigger than last year, or will they just use up space as necessary? Because, someone correct me if I am wrong, but I heard that A&D doesn't use up all the soundstage space for every house they produce, if they don't have to (i.e. Poltergeist)

If ST was mega, they would’ve said so.

I imagine they may stretch the limits a bit.

Because, someone correct me if I am wrong, but I heard that A&D doesn't use up all the soundstage space for every house they produce, if they don't have to (i.e. Poltergeist)
That's correct. They build what they build/what they are resourced to build. Casting limitations on something like Stranger Things, and how it relates to a house's pacing, likely prevent something longer than typical (thus, why it's not considered a mega-house).

Now, this house will likely have larger scenes than a typical house (Starcourt, especially, may end up being the size of a full façade), but the total number of scenes won't drastically increase.

Most houses only take up about 9,600 sq feet.

That's correct. They build what they build/what they are resourced to build. Casting limitations on something like Stranger Things, and how it relates to a house's pacing, likely prevent something longer than typical (thus, why it's not considered a mega-house).

Now, this house will likely have larger scenes than a typical house (Starcourt, especially, may end up being the size of a full façade), but the total number of scenes won't drastically increase.

Most houses only take up about 9,600 sq feet.
When the set of Starcourt was dismantled, they left the ice cream store set intact. One worker said he heard it was going to "an amusement park" . FWIW!

Which creature holds the record in biggest creation at the event?

I have to think that record has to be the big "critter" from Midnight Snack 2: The House Swarming last year.

At least by sheer mass. Some stilt walkers were probably taller, but I would think that would be larger.

Well both the skull in Poltergeist and the creature in Slaughter are definitely up there, I'd sure like to see what they do with the Mindflayer creature during the Starcourt Mall scene. :)

Just cause the thought just occurred to me: Given the heights of the actors last year, and that you have to be 18 to work the event, is most of the cast female? Or just some petite teens/young adult men?