HHN Hollywood 2018 Construction Thread | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood 2018 Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That lightening rod has my body tingling with excitement...

Speaking of the Monsters Universe, I always loved those mash up films back than. They were also the first to do the VERSUS movies waaaaay before Freddy vs. Jason. (Or was Godzilla/Kong first? Anywho...)

Honestly, Abbott and Costello is truly a great mash-up film and still respects the monsters.

I just wish they knew what they had back when they did The Mummy and the Mummy Returns. They already started a mini-universe even with The Scorpion King. Stephen Sommers even than next did Van Helsing, but he did it a bit... wrong. I wish he stuck to the Mummy aesthetic and tied it into the Mummy films, plus make it 3 times less stupid and I bet it wouldn't have failed as badly. That would've been the perfect point to start the Dark Universe, and it would've been half a decade before Marvel. They still had time to course correct when they did The Wolfman and even Dracula Untold, but they kept wanting to start it over. Now they did the new Mummy and it'll never get back on course. I guess there's always still a possibility they could throw Branden Fraser into a new monster movie (Frankenstein or Dracula hopefully), retcon The Mummy 3 (and obviously the Tom Cruise one), put Rachael Weisz back in it, recast the son to carry on the franchise (Tom Holland? Taron Egerton?) and go from there. Obviously they'd have to stretch it and why they're fighting, but it could be simple as showing their faces in the trailer and have someone say, "so I hear you're good at fighting monsters?" BOOM, crowd goes wild. WOLFMAN. Summer 2020.

I'm sure The Purge facade will be themed past the facade (i.e Cars, street lamps, etc)

I'm honestly kind of digging the new Purge facade. I dunno, it feels like it would've been easy to just use a generic "underground tunnel" for the opening.

There's so many Purge props left over from over the years, I don't think they'll have too much trouble theme-ing the run-up to the maze.

Reactions: HorrorNightsFan13
I'm honestly kind of digging the new Purge facade. I dunno, it feels like it would've been easy to just use a generic "underground tunnel" for the opening.

There's so many Purge props left over from over the years, I don't think they'll have too much trouble theme-ing the run-up to the maze.

The inside of the maze looks beautiful. A fair amount of brickwork in one section

Reactions: HorrorNightsFan13
The Purge facade looks cartoony which I like. I'd appreciate if Murdy went a little bit unrealistic with the kills rather than adapt the film.

IMG_qwhu17.jpg
IMG_-3em3vr.jpg
The first photo looks like a side by side frame of 2 Movie Posters. Kinda looks like there is a line in the middle. If the rumors are true then it would make sense that it is the First Unfriended Poster with the Dark Web poster both side by side.

The 2nd photo looks like a frame or movie poster all by itself which if the rumors are true could be Truth or Dare.

The first photo looks like a side by side frame of 2 Movie Posters. Kinda looks like there is a line in the middle. If the rumors are true then it would make sense that it is the First Unfriended Poster with the Dark Web poster both side by side.

Split/Glass? *Crosses fingers*

Reactions: hhnlover