HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017 | Page 150 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That...makes a startling amount of sense.

This year seems fine. The only mazes I am giving a damn about; is Titans, Blumhouse, and AvED. This year, seems as if a buffer to me. And that I almost have the sinking feeling that next year is fan-dedicated like 2016.

This is what I was hoping for.. 2016 was a truly amazing year for HHN Hollywood, this year looks like it'll be a LOT of fun.. but fan-dedicated 2018.. that just raises so many possibilities..

-Krampus: Electric Boogaloo
-The Room: The Life and Crimes of Tommy Wiseau
-Five Nights at Freddy's
-Call of Duty: Zombies
-Clowns

...that may not be a good idea.

Okay maybe not THOSE fans lol...

let's just say Murdy might be reading these forums for the right reasons as well... and yes, he is listening! I'll leave it at that.

I did hear from my same source that leaked the BoH lineup that they're planning something really big for next year, to the point where they're even cutting some of Grinchmas' budget for this year to set it aside for HHN next year. Supposedly some form of interactive element, but no idea what, whether it's VR or something else.
That does not make any sense at all in any capacity. For one, no event should dictate another event's budget. That is just asinine. And it would also be a completely moronic thing for them to cut the budget for Grinchmas AGAIN, especially when they're about to get hit with A LOT more guests this year due to Potter's new holiday light show & festivities. Not too mention, a park the size of USH should NOT make the holiday season focus more on a small capacity land that causes a huge cluster-F***! (exhibit A: Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts)

Interactive element? ....grooooaaann. That is probably the last thing the event here needs. Unless they want to pull a Knotts & give us a laser-tag haunt experience, BUT with the Terror Tram, then sure (totally want to see that now).

But yea, back to the main topic at hand... You don't cut the budget for one event to "set aside" for another event for the following year. It doesn't work like that. They need to stop being cheap asses & actually PLUS the events.

That does not make any sense at all in any capacity. For one, no event should dictate another event's budget. That is just asinine. And it would also be a completely moronic thing for them to cut the budget for Grinchmas AGAIN, especially when they're about to get hit with A LOT more guests this year due to Potter's new holiday light show & festivities. Not too mention, a park the size of USH should NOT make the holiday season focus more on a small capacity land that causes a huge cluster-F***! (exhibit A: Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts)

Interactive element? ....grooooaaann. That is probably the last thing the event here needs. Unless they want to pull a Knotts & give us a laser-tag haunt experience, BUT with the Terror Tram, then sure (totally want to see that now).

But yea, back to the main topic at hand... You don't cut the budget for one event to "set aside" for another event for the following year. It doesn't work like that. They need to stop being cheap asses & actually PLUS the events.

You don't need to argue with me about it. I totally agree that they should work towards making both events better instead of sacrificing one for the other. Christmas time in Potter will be nice, but they need to do something more to draw crowds elsewhere during the holidays. I heard this from the same person who told me the Blumhouse lineup. I also heard this corroborated by someone else. They didn't give a reason as to why the budget was being cut, but confirmed that it was.

Last edited:
**crosses fingers for Jurassic World**

I'd actually really like to see a couple properties that aren't necessarily horror become mazes, kind of like AvP.

Speaking of which, I remember after last year's event, someone mentioned that supposedly they were in early talks with HBO about a potential Game of Thrones maze. Does anyone know how true that was?

I'm disappointed that Get Out won't be featured in Blumhouse, but after thinking carefully about it, I can understand why.

Being that Murdy likes those blackout walls, I could see him using a lot of them for the sunken place. If he did that, you wouldn't be able to see the scareactors because they would blend in too well with those walls.

Last edited: