HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017 | Page 152 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
To speak logistically; I think FNAF will eventually come to Horror Nights.

How fast, depends on who is the distribution company.

FNAF has become a mascot of easy to make horror titles; and that knowing Cawthon, it would easily allow him to collaborate with a highly respected group that could extend his stories immersively.

I think FNAF will come, especially with Blumhouse being featured heavily this year. In what form, that is to be guessed.

That said, onto just saying something; Blumhouse has a stellar facade so-far. Looks a helluvalot better than the Orlando facade, and feels like it works great with the environment.

Reactions: ChaseTuff
Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 7.41.17 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 7.41.44 PM.png

Alex, sure it will come.
The little 8 year old kid fandom of FNAF will beg John enough to make him turn it into a maze. When the day comes that the maze is made those 8 year olds will literally hit of puberty....

It wouldn't be a great maze, unless you consider a ton of black-out walls with little to no story a fantastic maze.

Reactions: HHNManics
View attachment 5242 View attachment 5243

Alex, sure it will come.
The little 8 year old kid fandom of FNAF will beg John enough to make him turn it into a maze. When the day comes that the maze is made those 8 year olds will literally hit of puberty....

It wouldn't be a great maze, unless you consider a ton of black-out walls with little to no story a fantastic maze.

I think there are logistical ways you could do it. If they wanted too, it could be a mashup; using environments from multiple games, using similar transitions from game to game similar of American Horror Story.

There are ways they could make it work, and not make it entirely filled with black walls. It just depends on how the new film does critically and financially to me.

I'd be fine with FNAF happening if they did more deserving properties first. A Bioshock, Evil Withen, Until Dawn, or The Last of Us are much more deserving of a maze(especially Bioshock; I'd scream if I got to go to Raptrue).

Edit: I think eventually we might get a video game mashup house of properties, it sounds weird but if Blumhouse works I'd expect to see more houses like it

In case you guys can't tell I'm not a video game player.

As long as John is in command he'll do every 80's horror movie before he starts getting into those blahs of a story.

Sorry Alex your horror anime won't be coming to HHN for a while. It would've been a missed opportunity if I hadn't said it...This forum needs banter

Reactions: MacMillian Crew
I'd be fine with FNAF happening if they did more deserving properties first. A Bioshock, Evil Withen, Until Dawn, or The Last of Us are much more deserving of a maze(especially Bioshock; I'd scream if I got to go to Raptrue).

I would think RE:Biohazard would be considered more than Until Dawn, IMHO.

Oh damn I totally forgot about that rumored film

It's not rumored. As a matter in-fact, Warner was in development of the film; but it seemed like they didn't give Cawthon enough control, and that he went to Blumhouse instead.

It's happening, and that I would imagine Blumhouse and Cawthon are working closely to make it right.

I would think RE:Biohazard would be considered more than Until Dawn, IMHO.

It's not rumored. As a matter in-fact, Warner was in development of the film; but it seemed like they didn't give Cawthon enough control, and that he went to Blumhouse instead.

It's happening, and that I would imagine Blumhouse and Cawthon are working closely to make it right.

I wouldn't want an Until Dawn house but I've heard people request it. RE: Biohazard would've been a great maze too, would've most likely felt like TCM meets Evil Dead though.

Edit: I really hope next year has no returning properties, aside from the givens(Halloween 2018 by Blumhouse, AHS: Cult, Coven, or Asylum)

I remember seeing the FNAF plush toys as prizes somewhere near Krampus and it gave me the slightest bit of hope that it'd come this year. Seeing how "alright" the terrordome or whatever it's called do it, I could definitely dig a FNAF house.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I remember seeing the FNAF plush toys as prizes somewhere near Krampus and it gave me the slightest bit of hope that it'd come this year. Seeing how "alright" the terrordome or whatever it's called do it, I could definitely dig a FNAF house.

Fright Dome, to be specific. But yeah; you could tell it was on a lower budget.

I think if anyone is going to get the FNAF rights for haunted houses, it's Universal. Especially if FNAF is distributed in tandem with Universal Pictures, which has been doing rather good in working with Blumhouse. I would imagine they would be the first distribution candidates, unless if Warner tries to distribute it instead (which I doubt).

If Murdy is still doing the event when the movie comes out, it's going to come.

I would think regardless if Murdy leaves or not, it comes. Just how, is the better question that I think needs to be raised for that IP.

Cawthon wants to make the film right for the fans of the lore. And that if he can collaborate with Universal to market the film along with making it original; he would probably do it over a best-of.

It just depends, but I think it's very probable.

That said, perhaps we could get back onto topic of HHN 2017?

The reason I don't see FNAF coming is because it simply isn't relavent anymore. Almost nobody is excited for the movie and some of that fan art is just... oof. I'd be fine with a house but I can list at least 50 things I'd rather have

I would argue the opposite, but once again; how does that relate to HHN 2017.

It seems like tomorrow may be when BoH and Insidious are dumped, so that's something. I'd laugh if Insidious doesn't get announced tomorrow.

Reactions: ChaseTuff
FNAF should've come in 2015 when it was at its peak; it was a rushed franchise and the fact that it has such a negative reception at the moment would probably decrease its chances. Fright Dome's house looked good but I would hope we'd have live actors as well

Edit: If there isn't a double announcement it seems like wasted potential, at that rate we might as well just know Insidious is coming solely from a queue sign

FNAF should've come in 2015 when it was at its peak; it was a rushed franchise and the fact that it has such a negative reception at the moment would probably decrease its chances. Fright Dome's house looked good but I would hope we'd have live actors as well

FNAF just released it's fifth game to actually good feedback; the sixth game is now in development with a delayment period; and the film should come out in the next year or two.

It hasn't hit it's peak yet, but as I said before (and that you seem to forget); how does that relate to HHN 2017.

I'll drink bleach if nothing gets announced tomorrow.

If it does, record it dearly. :tongue:

Watch it be next Monday :bang:

To be blunt, I will be livid if nothing happens tomorrow.